Document Portfolio

vcdarty

(or whatever the correct term might be for the envelope thingie that the line provides to contain the travel documents).

On past HAL cruises--the latest three or four years ago--we received the docs in a handsome blue cloth container. This year, in a grey cardboard envelope. Just an accident, or more budget issues?

J

(or whatever the correct term might be for the envelope thingie that the line provides to contain the travel documents).

On past HAL cruises--the latest three or four years ago--we received the docs in a handsome blue cloth container. This year, in a grey cardboard envelope. Just an accident, or more budget issues?

J

The blue pleather or cloth document holders have been gone for a number of years. Apparently there are or were a few travel agencies or agents who had a stock every so often somebody reports they've gotten one but Holland America no longer provides them. With more and more people downloading their documents directly from Holland America's website the days of mailing are almost at an end.

J

It has been yeears since we got any documents mailed to us from HAL either in the Blue Pouches or cardboard pouches.

With whom did you book through? A private TA or an online agency?

I still use the pleather one I got seven years ago. I find it very useful to seperate tickets, passports, and other travel papers.

I agree that it is a shame that we no longer have that excitement of running to the mailbox and having the documents in hand. So many companies, not just the cruiselines, suppossedly in the name of saving the environment cause us to print out everything. Does it save the environment? Of course not. Just another way to pass on costs to the consumer for paper, ink and printer, let alone internet costs.

I do love my pleather one and remember at the time folks were complaining because they weren't real leather anymore.:eek: The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I still have my Blue Pleather holder that we got for our 1st Hal cruise 10 years ago...I used it to hold our passports in the safe...brings a smile everytime I pull it out...remembering our 1st cruise with a Balcony!:D DH was surprised & totally spoiled!

I still use the pleather one I got seven years ago. I find it very useful to seperate tickets, passports, and other travel papers.

So do we!!! We got ours 12 years ago.. but we pack it just as you suggest....we also like the key card holder that Celebrity used to put in Concierge Class!

Joseph

To KrazyKruisers: we booked through our private TA who'd given the blue cloth holders years ago. No more, I guess. Although another line that we enjoy still does an elegant green leather holder. But for how long?

J

Archived