Flowrider- what do I need to wear?

cransplash

I've read several reviews where people say to make sure to wear shorts and a shirt for women or else your swim suit could fall off?

I have a pair of quick drying shorts, but I don't have a rashguard. What other tops can I wear so as to not to have a swimsuit mishap?

According to some people around these parts if you see ANYONE on the ship holding a camera on ANY deck of the ship, facing ANY direction, or if you suspect ANYONE of thinking about touching up a camera while you are on the Flowrider, that person is a convicted pervert.

Just wear a t-shirt. You'll be fine.

According to some people around these parts if you see ANYONE on the ship holding a camera on ANY deck of the ship, facing ANY direction, or if you suspect ANYONE of thinking about touching up a camera while you are on the Flowrider, that person is a convicted pervert.

I am glad I didn't get in trouble for video taping friends and/or my DH on our last cruise, no, make that ALL of our past cruises while he or someone I knew/met was on the Flowrider :cool:

Yeah Poncho, you must be referring to the recent thread that went on to posterity about women's attire on the Flowrider, and the "criminalization" of taking photographs. in the area. Boy, was THAT a discussion! OP should review that one either for directives or just a plain good laugh....

The most skillful young woman I have seen on the FlowRider wore board shorts and a long-sleeved, crew- necked rash guard shirt. She looked terrific. I surmised one reason she performed so well, was that she wasn't having to worry about any of her attire getting yanked off or revealing too much if she wiped out.

Of course, the other reason might have been that she had already had hours, maybe years of experience surfing.

Oh, I also suggest that you google or research the "Parachute Landing Fall" position. IMHO, it is best to assume this position just before you wipe out to avoid much injury. If you can't gracefully walk off the board after your ride and a wipe out is imminent, don't fight the fall. Just assume the position and let the water carry you and you will come out in one piece to try it again and again.

Oh, I also suggest that you google or research the "Parachute Landing Fall" position. IMHO, it is best to assume this position just before you wipe out to avoid much injury. If you can't gracefully walk off the board after your ride and a wipe out is imminent, don't fight the fall. Just assume the position and let the water carry you and you will come out in one piece to try it again and again.

Excellent advice. I'll just add once, you've fallen and you are getting flushed out the back, keep your feet up till your ready to stand up. Many of the minor injuries on the Flowrider seems to be toes/toenails.

Not just the ladies that need to be concerned. A guy at work cruised on Freedom a couple years ago and lost his trunks when he wiped out. He wasn't wearing anything under them so he stayed in the water until a staff member retrieved them.

He had a similar problem on Oasis last year, but he had briefs on under his trunks. The trunks slipped down but the briefs stayed in place.

The most skillful young woman I have seen on the FlowRider wore board shorts and a long-sleeved, crew- necked rash guard shirt. She looked terrific. I surmised one reason she performed so well, was that she wasn't having to worry about any of her attire getting yanked off or revealing too much if she wiped out.

Of course, the other reason might have been that she had already had hours, maybe years of experience surfing.

When did you see her on the Fllowrider?

Archived