Luggage tags

Hi I know this must have been discussed many times,but, do RCI send us bagaage tags? I have completed the set sail pass but not sure is there are tags in that?

Please remember we are 1st time cruissers :):confused:

Pam & Brian

No they do not. The tags are readily available at the terminal when you drop off your luggage and only take a few seconds to fill out Name & Stateroom number only You can print them out on line but then they are only paper, and need to be stapled..... all a bit of a pain. The ones at the terminal are more robust and only need to have the backing torn off and stuck together.

No they do not. The tags are readily available at the terminal when you drop off your luggage and only take a few seconds to fill out Name & Stateroom number only You can print them out on line but then they are only paper, and need to be stapled..... all a bit of a pain. The ones at the terminal are more robust and only need to have the backing torn off and stuck together.

Graham when we print our tags for princess & p&o they are only paper also but they are quite sturdy

I note on Celebrity site, re luggage tags, North American pax get theirs mailed to them.

Nothing about what happens here. Probably have to get them at the OPT. No facility on Celebrity for printing out your own tags, like Princess.

Can anyone provide further information as to what Celebrity is doing for their Australian customers re luggage tags? (Perhaps the same system as RCI, all one company.)

I note on Celebrity site, re luggage tags, North American pax get theirs mailed to them.

Nothing about what happens here. Probably have to get them at the OPT. No facility on Celebrity for printing out your own tags, like Princess.

Can anyone provide further information as to what Celebrity is doing for their Australian customers re luggage tags? (Perhaps the same system as RCI, all one company.)

Yep, same system as RCI Can't see what all the fuss is about tags Get to the terminal grab some tags from the baggage guys, ten seconds to fill them out & attach drop off bags .......end of story.

Yep, same system as RCI Can't see what all the fuss is about tags Get to the terminal grab some tags from the baggage guys, ten seconds to fill them out & attach drop off bags .......end of story.

Thanks mate.

Different system, but Celebrity have never mailed out to Australian cruisers. (The same as they don't mail out to Australian Club members, though do US. Though that's not unique to Celebrity either).

For luggage tags you can print out from the online booklet that is sent to you, or have it done at the wharf.

Because balancing bags, digging for a pen and trying to fill out something standing up with nothing to lean upon is succccccch an efficiency way of handing things rather than have everything preprepared...otherwise why even allow or do online checkin. Just check in all 2,000 passengers one by one by hand as they come in as well.

I mean we see at the airport how great that system works - 300 people lying at at departures all trying to multi task and fill in the departure forms.

Because balancing bags, digging for a pen and trying to fill out something standing up with nothing to lean upon is succccccch an efficiency way of handing things rather than have everything preprepared...otherwise why even allow or do online checkin. Just check in all 2,000 passengers one by one by hand as they come in as well.

I mean we see at the airport how great that system works - 300 people lying at at departures all trying to multi task and fill in the departure forms.

I dont remember any problem with filling out tags at the OPT. Was quick, easy and I didnt even have to find my own pen! :rolleyes:

So you go to the terminal KNOWING you will need a pen.....so keep one handy .....place tag on bag...... write name & stateroom number on tag ..attach tag and drop bag off..........well there goes twenty seconds ... damn holiday ruined........... Whatever floats your boat

PS: The online check in probably saves about two hours or more at check in....hardly worth it.:(

So you go to the terminal KNOWING you will need a pen.....so keep one handy .....place tag on bag...... write name & stateroom number on tag ..attach tag and drop bag off..........well there goes twenty seconds ... damn holiday ruined........... Whatever floats your boat

PS: The online check in probably saves about two hours or more at check in....hardly worth it.:(

Do you have to 'tip' the baggage man for using his pen? LOL.

Luggage is bagged at the airport, without the need to do it at home (though of course some people do). Even the budget carriers don't force people to have tagged their luggage at home!

I don't think cruise lines are more complicated than cruise lines, particularly as their flights go many more destinations from the single baggage chute... and have you seen how much luggage people take on flights?! Way more than cruises.

Archived