Query for Bill Leiber: Departure of 13-Jan-2013 Temples & Beaches Voyage

Kamlee

Sino, I hear you, just about everyone else on this BB hears you, and you can be assured that Azamara hears you as well. We can all agree that their customer service is less than stellar, and that is going to ding them in the end. However, on board service IS stellar, if you have purchased a ticket they are going to allow you onboard (on the 14th), and I somehow suspect that the crew is going to be moving heaven and earth to keep us very happy. We still have 2 weeks for the remaining rough spots to get smoothed out. As for the extra night, yeah, it's inconvenient, but we are being reimbursed, and Singapore is hardly the worst place on earth to be stuck for an additional 24 hours. Worst case scenario - you plunk yourself down at the hotel pool, read a book, and pretend you are sailing to mysterious Java on some sort of secret mission to save the dragons. See you on board.

David

Hi Bill,

I know many who have booked this cruise appreciate your honesty with regard to the problems the change in the cruise have caused. Many are still experiencing difficulties as stated most recently by "Sinophile" a fellow cruiser from Australia. I also have not received cruise documentation but hopefully, per my travel agent, a package will be arriving tomorrow.

So in light of all of the extra work and fustrations involved, perhaps you can suggest to the powers that be that the loyal Azamara cruisers who have stuck by this vogage through thick and thin be awarded with an extra perk, such as a discount coupon for a future cruise.

Just asking...:)

Thanks,

Pat

I am very disappointed with the handling of a change as minor as a delay of one day in the departure of the Azamara Journey, previously departing on Jan 13th.

My agent (in Australia) has been in contact with Azamara Sydney by both email and phone on numerous occasions and still cannot get new documents for our changed cruise.

I rang Sydney today only to be told that my agent must ring them to tell them to change our documentation to a departure on Jan 14th. I have once again contacted my agent and he will now try again with the Sydney office.

Surely, Azamara would have routinely sent new documentation to the agents or passengers when they made the change to the departure date.

When I log in to our reservation on the Azamara website, the date still shows a departure date of Jan 13th. When I try to re-book our excursions for the cruise, I am linked through to the excursions of the Jan 26th sailing. At least, my three previously booked excursions have now been refunded to my credit card.

Another problem I have encountered is that the hotel I have booked for the 11th and 12th Jan in Singapore is booked out on the 13th. So I have to change hotels for the third night.

We have only sailed once with Azamara, having enjoyed a dozen or so previous cruises and, having tried Azamara, we were quickly convinced that this was the cruise line for us. Hopefully, the on-board experience will be the opposite of the booking-rebooking experience.

Sinophile, we totally understand how you feel re still waiting for new E-DOCS & cancelled night refund. Our internet agent has been quite silent, except when we chase them for information. Even then, it's always a call back days later, with advice that's proved to be incorrect regarding when we would receive docs & refunds. Azamara Sydney gave heartening information just before Christmas that pro-rata refund and E-DOCS were being processed and would be out before Christmas Day, but NOTHING YET. Azamara Sydney say that Azamara US has been very tardy and that's probably correct. But Australian passengers seem to be the "last in line" to be dealt with - why? The only thing that's happened is receipt of an email a few days ago advising old shore excursions had been cancelled and refunded - but I'll have to wait until my January statements to check that is all correct. Fed up with waiting and thinking about it. The extra night in Singapore may be fun for some - which is great if they don't get there often - but for those of us that travel through/stay there quite regularly, we'd much prefer to be sitting in the Sunset Bar on Journey than lolling about in Singapore. One point though - if this delay and associated angst means the ship is PROPERLY FINISHED and PREPARED after drydock, hooray! So, on we go, with hope in our hearts, that something will turn up in the Inbox tomorrow - oh, that's Saturday, then Sunday, so nothing till next week, before New Year?

My agent chased up Azamara Sydney again yesterday and today "My Reservations" finally shows the correct dates and length of the voyage. And the Shore Excursions appear to have been updated and can now be booked for this cruise.

One piece of good news is that I received an email from the hotel we have booked for our pre-cruise stay in Singapore and they can now accommodate us for the third night.

So it all looks to be sorted out now.

This is our first cruise with Azamara, and has not got off to a very good start. We were first alerted to changes via Cruise Critic, and told our TA before Azamara had. We only discovered excursions had to rebooked when reading this forum.We have an extra day in Singapore, but meals not included, a pre cruise diet maybe? There should be further compensation for this frustration and confusion.

However we are looking forward to meeting everyone and what should be a super cruise:)

This is our first cruise with Azamara, and has not got off to a very good start. We were first alerted to changes via Cruise Critic, and told our TA before Azamara had. We only discovered excursions had to rebooked when reading this forum.We have an extra day in Singapore, but meals not included, a pre cruise diet maybe? There should be further compensation for this frustration and confusion.

However we are looking forward to meeting everyone and what should be a super cruise:)

Bob - don't think you will be disappointed with Azamara. This will be our 6th cruise with them and we are really looking forward to this itinerary on a newly refurbished ship. We had a 4 day cruise on the newly refurbished Quest in November which was lovely. Their service onboard is a million times better than the admin in the UK! We also told our TA about the change before they had been informed by Azamara, same with the excursions - only found everything out through this forum.

Personally we are delighted to have an extra day in Singapore, particularly as we are still calling at all the same places on the cruise and there is so much we want to see in Singapore. Do agree, however, that they should provide the meals in Singapore (on top of the compensation for the disruption and hassle we have experienced) as we would have been having meals on the ship if they hadn't changed the boarding date.

Remember to register for the Meet & Mingle although we have registered and not had a confirmation email, along with others on this thread, so are waiting to see if our invitation is in our cabin when we board!

To "Bobinthebath": If you've never been to Singapore, be advised that you will find that dieting in that city is extremely difficult, if not impossible. I agree with the Runaways that watching the waves slip by at the Sunset Bar may be preferable for some rather than spending time on land, but there will be 11 opportunities to see the sunset from said place, but we won't have 11 opportunities to dine on Chili Crab, or other wonderful local delights. We got a lemon, think lemonade, or lemon-drop "martini" if you wish. And now that I've mentioned "martini", my biggest concern about the cruise is whether to pack a bottle of Tanqueray 10 or Hendricks gin. THAT is a legitimate concern! The ship is going to sail, the excursions are going to be taken, the sunburns will be had by many. It is going to iron itself out in the end! FAITH!

So now that I have re-expressed my unwavering support for Azamara yet again, a question about the 1 day reimbursement. How, when, and where do we apply for it? My TA told me to immediately submit copies of expenses to Azamara via fax. I tried, but the fax number didn't work. Any suggestions out there?

We finally got our revised e-docs emailed through today, after our agent chased Azamara again this morning. It still has the old e-docs on our 'Manage my Reservation' online though. We had our one night compensation paid back into our account as soon as we accepted the revised itinerary but we are just waiting to see if our original excursion money is refunded to our credit card when our next statement comes through. Only need revised luggage labels now but time is getting short so may have to use the ones we were sent originally.

We'll deserve a rest when we eventually get on board - not long now!

Hi Dr H,

Perhaps if Azamara were to bring forward their all inclusive drinks policy for this

Cruise, it may help to refresh us all! Is that the reward you had in mind Bill?for all our aggravation ,frustration and patiece. It would also save a lot of bottle packing. Cheers! Bob.

Where's Bill??? Some of us are still experiencing problems, as noted here and on our roll call.

Pat

Hello Pat -

I'm here and I've been sharing with our customer service team that there are still problems with this January 14th Azamara Journey voyage and they recommend that you contact them at the addresses that I shared with you on December 23rd.

USA OFFICE (Eastern Time) / US Office: 1.877.999.9553

Friday/ 28 Dec: 9:00AM - 8:00PM

Saturday/ 29 Dec: 10:00AM - 3:00PM

Sunday/ 30 Dec: CLOSED

Monday/ 31 Dec: 9:00AM - 5:30PM

Tuesday/ 1 Jan: CLOSED

UK OFFICE (UK Time) / London Office: 0844-4934016 then options 2, 3, 5 and 2

Saturday/ 29 Dec: 9:00AM - 6:00PM

Sunday/ 30 Dec: 10:00AM - 5:00PM

Monday/ 31 Dec: 8:30AM - 5:00PM

Tuesday/ 1 Jan: CLOSED

Unfortunately, I'm not connected to the computer system and have no ability to manage the customer service process related to individual bookings. I noticed that both the US and UK offices are open on Saturday and Monday and trust that they will be able to resolve outstanding information gaps.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Pat and other "Simple Request" Followers -

I appreciate the opportunity to have shared your request with our executive management team for some type of a discount offer that would demonstrate our appreciation for your extreme patience during the itinerary changes for your upcoming voyage on the newly refurbished Azamara Journey.

I am pleased to present our special offer for this voyage:

1. All guests will be eligible to purchase the Land Discovery Shore Excursions as shown on our shore excursion website onboard the voyage while it is in progress at the 50% savings rate from the Land Discoveries Manager. You'll enjoy the flexibility to augment your destination immersion plans at the most advantageous prices,

2. All international guests who incurred any negative foreign exchange rate differences when they rebooked their tours online will find that their individual onboard guests' folios will be credited by the amount that will have been delivered to the ship from our shore excursion department.

Of course, Captain Johannes Tysse and his exceptional management team will be briefed on your dissatisfaction with the operational inconsistencies you've experienced during this time. The New Year timing seems fitting for all of you who have handled this angst during the holiday period to be the first to experience the in with the "new" and out with the "old."

My hope is that your experience on this "inaugural" voyage on the Azamara Journey this coming January 14, 2013 will revitalize your confidence in and reaffirm your loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises.

And of course, my best wishes again for a wonderful New Year that is filled with good health, success and happiness.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

To "Bobinthebath": If you've never been to Singapore, be advised that you will find that dieting in that city is extremely difficult, if not impossible. I agree with the Runaways that watching the waves slip by at the Sunset Bar may be preferable for some rather than spending time on land, but there will be 11 opportunities to see the sunset from said place, but we won't have 11 opportunities to dine on Chili Crab, or other wonderful local delights. We got a lemon, think lemonade, or lemon-drop "martini" if you wish. And now that I've mentioned "martini", my biggest concern about the cruise is whether to pack a bottle of Tanqueray 10 or Hendricks gin. THAT is a legitimate concern! The ship is going to sail, the excursions are going to be taken, the sunburns will be had by many. It is going to iron itself out in the end! FAITH!

So now that I have re-expressed my unwavering support for Azamara yet again, a question about the 1 day reimbursement. How, when, and where do we apply for it? My TA told me to immediately submit copies of expenses to Azamara via fax. I tried, but the fax number didn't work. Any suggestions out there?

Hello Dr H -

I'll get back to you and others on Monday with the correct fax number and reimbursement procedures. The fax number I have is 305-928-2470. Is that the one that you tried to use?

Please continue to maintain your cool as this situation unfolds. As I mentioned I will be participatiing in the top-to-bottom review of this entire notification process recapitulation and am thoroughly "charged to go" to improve the process in adapting to events that cause itinerary changes and then how that revised information is communicated.

Enjoy the last weekend of 2012!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill, that was the number I was given, and my fax machine gagged and bleeped that it was not a working number. Will try again. And once again, thanks for the amazing work that you do. This has got to be one difficult job for you.

David

Hello Dr H -

I'll get back to you and others on Monday with the correct fax number and reimbursement procedures. The fax number I have is 305-928-2470. Is that the one that you tried to use?

Please continue to maintain your cool as this situation unfolds. As I mentioned I will be participatiing in the top-to-bottom review of this entire notification process recapitulation and am thoroughly "charged to go" to improve the process in adapting to events that cause itinerary changes and then how that revised information is communicated.

Enjoy the last weekend of 2012!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

FAX is very outdated and inconvenient. Is there an e-mail address we can use to request reimbursement for our hotel accommodation?

Regards,

Kampol and Lee.

Bill, that was the number I was given, and my fax machine gagged and bleeped that it was not a working number. Will try again. And once again, thanks for the amazing work that you do. This has got to be one difficult job for you.

David

The correct fax number is 305-982-2470. Let me know if you are successful!

Alice

Hello Pat and other "Simple Request" Followers -

I appreciate the opportunity to have shared your request with our executive management team for some type of a discount offer that would demonstrate our appreciation for your extreme patience during the itinerary changes for your upcoming voyage on the newly refurbished Azamara Journey.

I am pleased to present our special offer for this voyage:

1. All guests will be eligible to purchase the Land Discovery Shore Excursions as shown on our shore excursion website onboard the voyage while it is in progress at the 50% savings rate from the Land Discoveries Manager. You'll enjoy the flexibility to augment your destination immersion plans at the most advantageous prices,

2. All international guests who incurred any negative foreign exchange rate differences when they rebooked their tours online will find that their individual onboard guests' folios will be credited by the amount that will have been delivered to the ship from our shore excursion department.

Of course, Captain Johannes Tysse and his exceptional management team will be briefed on your dissatisfaction with the operational inconsistencies you've experienced during this time. The New Year timing seems fitting for all of you who have handled this angst during the holiday period to be the first to experience the in with the "new" and out with the "old."

My hope is that your experience on this "inaugural" voyage on the Azamara Journey this coming January 14, 2013 will revitalize your confidence in and reaffirm your loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises.

And of course, my best wishes again for a wonderful New Year that is filled with good health, success and happiness.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

I really appreciate the time you spend reading all the comments on this board. My husband and I have cruised both on the Journey and the Quest and have thoroughly enjoyed our time on board and know that our upcoming cruise will be wonderful. Although we can not take advantage of the special offers because our excursions have already been booked and we are not international passenges it will be a nice surprise to many.

The top-to-bottom review of the notification process is a positive step that should help both travel agents and passengers in the future. I will continue to praise Azamara for their onboard family atmosphere, wonderful crew and delicious food.

Happy New Year!

Pat

Dear Dr. H.,

It is my pleasure to be of assistance. You can call Azamara and check with Customer Relations to see if your fax was indeed received.

Looking forward to meeting you in Jan 14 after our Malaysia experience.

Best,

Alcie

Hello Alice, Dr H and other readers -

Thank you Alice! It's good to know that the forum community solved the incorrect fax number. But, just to make it official, the correct fax number is 305-982-2470.

Thank you all for your "reserve" of patience in dealing with this itinerary change. As I mentioned before, I'm confident that once our audit of this interlude has been completed, we will have amended our procedures for responding to unforeseen itinerary deviations that will be straight-forward and customer-oriented.

Until then, ring in the New Year with happiness and good health and begin your countdown to this Azamara onboard experience on the newly refurbished Azamara Journey!

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

hi bill,

what wil be the real check in resp. boarding time in singapore on 14.jan.

my e docs shows check in 7pm.?????

Hello Muggchen -

You can check-in between 11 AM and 5 PM; however, the actual boarding will begin at 3 PM. The vessel sets sail at 10 PM. Sorry for the 7PM misinformation.

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Archived