Query for Bill Leiber: Departure of 13-Jan-2013 Temples & Beaches Voyage

Kamlee

Bill,

Just wondering have all the bookings in the Azamara system been changed to reflect new dates and excursion information? It appears many on our roll call have been able to view the new itinerary but as of today my resevation is still showing the old information.

Thanks, Pat

Hello Everyone -

It appears from your questions today that there is more that I must reconfirm with the operating teams in reservations, shore excursions and itinerary planning based on what you've reported as you access our systems.

I anticipate that I'll be able to secure the "final" answers to your questions and concerns on Monday or, at the very latest, any remaining unanswered questions on Tuesday:

1. Will guests be responsible for re-booking their "new" shore excursions if an automated procedure does not work?

2. Correct procedure to receive new E-Docs with new sailing date, luggage tags, etc.

3. Reconfirmation of the name of the departure terminal in Singapore planned on January 14th.

4. Will the extra charges from currency exchange rates for the cancelling and rebooking of shore excursions be covered?

5. Website's "Manage my reservation page" does not include the new itinerary which impacts ability to re-book new shore excursions. ( )

6. Several comments that on the "Manage my reservations" page, only one night's accommodations shows up, rather than two, at the Conrad Centennial. Will that be corrected for cruise-only guests?

Personally I'm sorry that I can't provide you with a more definitive response, but I'm learning that it's best for all concerned that I do not share planned solutions until they have been tested and approved by the actual operating units. As I've mentioned before, Azamara operates with "shared" services provided by the Royal Caribbean corporate service units which sometimes requires more extensive time and testing.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

We are living in Thailand now, but Lee's parents received a call from our TA last week and confirmed that we wanted to re-book for the 12-night cruise. We will have to try calling our UK TA tomorrow (although they don't open until 4pm Thai time).

Regards,

Kampol and Lee.

We called our UK travel agent who said they had been waiting to hear directly from us before rebooking our cruise. We don't know how we were meant to know they were waiting to hear from us! Lee's parents had already informed them that we wished to rebook.

Anyway, we have now been able to see our new booking on the Azamara website, rebooked all our excursions, and signed up for the new Meet & Mingle party.

Regards,

Kampol and Lee.

Yet another new wrinkle! I'm off to Meet and Mingle to reregister. Based on what Bill has just posted, it looks like my TA in requesting a "reconfirmation" of our intentions to travel may just have been re-booking us. A technicality, but at this point, who knows? Hopefully, once we get to the Conrad, everything will be running smoothly.:confused:

Troops, Kampol has just posted on roll call that we will need to re-book for the Meet and Mingle party. I've just re-registered the two of us, so the party is up to 16. That leaves about 20 of us who will need to regroup from the 13th sailing date. I think after all of this musshuggakeit we will all be entitled to a free drink! (And maybe send a bottle of something stronger to Bill stuck in California...)

Troops, Kampol has just posted on roll call that we will need to re-book for the Meet and Mingle party. I've just re-registered the two of us, so the party is up to 16. That leaves about 20 of us who will need to regroup from the 13th sailing date. I think after all of this musshuggakeit we will all be entitled to a free drink! (And maybe send a bottle of something stronger to Bill stuck in California...)

Have just re-registered the two of us for the Meet and Mingle. Didnt occur to me straight away that would be reqiured. Hopefully if we spread the news we should reach the required minimum. Cant wait to arrive at The Conrad and let the adventure begin. According to the new information on our booking we are still allocated the same suite. See you all soon and a very merry Chritmas!

We called our UK travel agent who said they had been waiting to hear directly from us before rebooking our cruise. We don't know how we were meant to know they were waiting to hear from us! Lee's parents had already informed them that we wished to rebook.

Anyway, we have now been able to see our new booking on the Azamara website, rebooked all our excursions, and signed up for the new Meet & Mingle party.

Regards,

Kampol and Lee.

hello bill

very confusing, i found out , that my still booked cabine is now online available on the azamara website for booking for others.

i was able as an first step to set an reservation , hold till 18th dec for this still fixed booking .

i have immediately informed the german azamara office

hello bill

very confusing, i found out , that my still booked cabine is now online available on the azamara website for booking for others.

i was able as an first step to set an reservation , hold till 18th dec for this still fixed booking .

i have immediately informed the german azamara office

addition

The german office informed me right now,this was an fault and the specific website is closed.

Let us proceed to break the word down, starting with "keit". Keit in this instance would roughly, very roughly, translate as "business", more as in monkey business rather than say the banking business (which it would indeed refer to in high German). Next, a crude Hebrew derivative, musshugha => 'muh' is a corruption of "me" which in Hebrew would mean "who", "shu' is probably a corruption of "sheh" meaning "that which" and finally, 'ghah', which I must confess, I have absolutely no idea what it would mean, other than possibly "lunatic" or perhaps "raving moonbat". Put back together we wind up with one word that tends to suggest the following meaning: "One who is engaged in the business (or behavior) of being either a) a lunatic or b) a raving moonbat." Simplified, it implies a bit of confusion, a little bit beyond what would normally be expected in a given incident. Sound like what our cruise preparations have become? :D

Just got notification from my TA that our latest E-Docs are presently on line for check-in. I have re-checked in, old excursions have been cancelled, new excursions have been booked, I have completed my purchases of pharmaceuticals that should allow me to perform almost anything on board short of a heart transplant, (yes, I got the DEET), hotel reservations are fully confirmed, and Delta still has us listed as confirmed. The ship has about 20 days to go before drydock. I would like to know what is being done during the additional day? A sauna? Rock climbing wall? Water slide for the kids?

Hello Everyone -

I see from the board, that you realize that it will be necessary for you to re-book your shore excursions.

Here is the content of the information that is being sent to all booked guests on the voyage:

As you know, our January 2013 sailing onboard the Azamara Journey has changed due to one more day needed for the scheduled drydock. The voyage is now sailing on January 14, 2013. Because of this itinerary change, shore excursion programs will also change.

In order to enable the new programs to be made available, your previously confirmed shore excursions are being cancelled, and your credit card will be refunded accordingly. We ask that you re-book your tours online on AzamaraClubCruises.com/LandDiscoveries. The tours will be open for re-booking until four days prior to departure. Tours will also be available once onboard, but to ensure space on your most desired tours, we recommend you book before boarding.

Some guests from outside the United States may experience an exchange rate difference when re-booking. Our teams will monitor this, and provide you a credit onboard the ship.

If you have any further questions regarding this, please contact your booking office as per below.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Thank you.

North America:

Monday to Friday 9 am – 7 pm.

Saturday 10 am – 3 pm.

Phone: 1-877-999-9553

Email: AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com

United Kingdom:

Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 6 pm

Phone: 08444934016

Email: infouk@rccl.com

Australia:

Monday to Friday 9 am – 6 pm

Phone: 0061 (2) 4331 5400

Email: info.au@rcclapac.com

Norway:

Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm

Phone: 47 22 51 37 80

Email: infono@celebrity.com

Germany:

Monday – Friday 9 am – 6 pm

Phone: 069 92 00 710

Email: infode@celebrity.com

I will respond to your other questions as soon as I receive the answers.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Let us proceed to break the word down, starting with "keit". Keit in this instance would roughly, very roughly, translate as "business", more as in monkey business rather than say the banking business (which it would indeed refer to in high German). Next, a crude Hebrew derivative, musshugha => 'muh' is a corruption of "me" which in Hebrew would mean "who", "shu' is probably a corruption of "sheh" meaning "that which" and finally, 'ghah', which I must confess, I have absolutely no idea what it would mean, other than possibly "lunatic" or perhaps "raving moonbat". Put back together we wind up with one word that tends to suggest the following meaning: "One who is engaged in the business (or behavior) of being either a) a lunatic or b) a raving moonbat." Simplified, it implies a bit of confusion, a little bit beyond what would normally be expected in a given incident. Sound like what our cruise preparations have become? :D

I thought that's what it meant:):):):):)

Hello January 14, 2013 Azamara Journey Travelers -

I've received information from our operating teams in reservations, shore excursions and itinerary planning and I'm able to provide you with the most up-to-date responses to most of your questions and comments:

§ As previously reported you will be responsible for re-booking your shore excursions.

§ eDocs have started to go out, but some are still being processed and then will be forwarded.

§ The name of the departure terminal in Singapore on January 14, 2013 will be Singapore Cruise Centre, Maritime Square, HarbourFront Centre, Singapore. This will be included in your eDocs.

§ For those international guests who have encountered extra charges for currency discrepancies as a result of the cancelling and rebooking of shore excursions, you will be provided with an onboard credit based on the monitored currency differential that will be reported to the vessel from our US shore excursion team.

§ The explanation for the reason why the "new" cruise itinerary does not show up on "Manage my reservation page" results from the transition of switching from the original to new departure date, i.e., once all shore excursions are cancelled, the January 13 voyage will be cancelled, at which point the January 14 voyage will show. It might be another day or two at the most.

§ I'm seeking an explanation why only one night's accommodations shows up, rather than two, at the Conrad Centennial on the "Manage my reservations" page for cruise-only guests. Please stand-by.

§ Please disregard the comment on the thread about the possibility of "cabin changes." All guests will keep the same stateroom or suite originally booked.

§ Please note that the policy statement that "cruise only guests will be reimbursed up to $250 per person for the extra night hotel stay in Singapore prior to the cruise" will cover reimbursement for only the hotel room cost and not meals (unless they are included in the hotel rate). It is not a "lump sum."

I'll be getting back to you with the answer about the Conrad Centennial Hotel. Thank you for your continued patience.

Regard,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello January 14, 2013 Azamara Journey Travelers -

I've received information from our operating teams in reservations, shore excursions and itinerary planning and I'm able to provide you with the most up-to-date responses to most of your questions and comments:

§ As previously reported you will be responsible for re-booking your shore excursions.

§ eDocs have started to go out, but some are still being processed and then will be forwarded.

§ The name of the departure terminal in Singapore on January 14, 2013 will be Singapore Cruise Centre, Maritime Square, HarbourFront Centre, Singapore. This will be included in your eDocs.

§ For those international guests who have encountered extra charges for currency discrepancies as a result of the cancelling and rebooking of shore excursions, you will be provided with an onboard credit based on the monitored currency differential that will be reported to the vessel from our US shore excursion team.

§ The explanation for the reason why the "new" cruise itinerary does not show up on "Manage my reservation page" results from the transition of switching from the original to new departure date, i.e., once all shore excursions are cancelled, the January 13 voyage will be cancelled, at which point the January 14 voyage will show. It might be another day or two at the most.

§ I'm seeking an explanation why only one night's accommodations shows up, rather than two, at the Conrad Centennial on the "Manage my reservations" page for cruise-only guests. Please stand-by.

§ Please disregard the comment on the thread about the possibility of "cabin changes." All guests will keep the same stateroom or suite originally booked.

§ Please note that the policy statement that "cruise only guests will be reimbursed up to $250 per person for the extra night hotel stay in Singapore prior to the cruise" will cover reimbursement for only the hotel room cost and not meals (unless they are included in the hotel rate). It is not a "lump sum."

I'll be getting back to you with the answer about the Conrad Centennial Hotel. Thank you for your continued patience.

Regard,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

Thank you for all your diligent work. Our UK booking is not a cruise only fare. It includes air/transfer and pre/post cruise accomodation. I just wanted to clarify this as pre changes we had 1 night in the Conrad The email about the changes stated that if we wished to continue on the new schedule we would have an addtional night in the same hotel pre cruise. That is the piece of information that is missing (still states 1 night pre cruise)from the updated details on Manage my reservation I believe most UK guests have the same issue and have booked a package deal

Thank you

Rabid, if it's any help, I posed the same question several weeks ago. Going through my new dep Jan 14 E-docs, buried in the fine print is a confirmation that at least for US Citizens, the Indonesian Tourist visa will be obtained onboard and our ship onboard account will be charged $25 US per head. Since we Yanks seem to be a distinct minority on this cruise, I can't imagine that only we get visas onboard, and everyone else fends for himself. But, confirmation from Bill/AZ would be nice before you depart. Like I said that info is probably buried inside your documents if you go searching. I've learned that Indonesia usually provides the visa upon arrival, and I believe they want two passport photos and at least one clean sheet on your passport. Azamara hasn't said anything about pictures, but getting our set of 2 each is on tabs for either this week or next.

Our E-Docs have appeared on the Azamara website "Manage my reservation", but they are for a 13-night cruise departing on 13th January!

Kamlee - same as ours. Hopefully they'll update them soon. As for the visas, hopefully they will be issued on board and charged to our account. That's what happened on our cruise to Istanbul this Summer. We weren't aware we needed them until we had a note in our cabin to say they would organise them and charge them to our account so that saved us a job!

Rabid, if it's any help, I posed the same question several weeks ago. Going through my new dep Jan 14 E-docs, buried in the fine print is a confirmation that at least for US Citizens, the Indonesian Tourist visa will be obtained onboard and our ship onboard account will be charged $25 US per head. Since we Yanks seem to be a distinct minority on this cruise, I can't imagine that only we get visas onboard, and everyone else fends for himself. But, confirmation from Bill/AZ would be nice before you depart. Like I said that info is probably buried inside your documents if you go searching. I've learned that Indonesia usually provides the visa upon arrival, and I believe they want two passport photos and at least one clean sheet on your passport. Azamara hasn't said anything about pictures, but getting our set of 2 each is on tabs for either this week or next.

Even if Azamara don't process the Indonesian visa onboard, Semarang is a "visa on arrival" port. We have searched the web and can't find any requirement for passport photos. Kampol will be travelling on his Thai passport, so he shouldn't have to pay the $25 visa fee.

Hi Bill

Thank you for all your diligent work. Our UK booking is not a cruise only fare. It includes air/transfer and pre/post cruise accomodation. I just wanted to clarify this as pre changes we had 1 night in the Conrad The email about the changes stated that if we wished to continue on the new schedule we would have an addtional night in the same hotel pre cruise. That is the piece of information that is missing (still states 1 night pre cruise)from the updated details on Manage my reservation I believe most UK guests have the same issue and have booked a package deal

Thank you

As above, my booking is not a cruise only fare. it is a complete package.

G2G

As above, my booking is not a cruise only fare. it is a complete package.

G2G

We had our revised invoice emailed via our agent this morning and it confirms the second night at the Conrad Centennial which was booked as a package in the UK so hopefully yours is the same.

Hello Everyone -

I see from the board, that you realize that it will be necessary for you to re-book your shore excursions.

Here is the content of the information that is being sent to all booked guests on the voyage:

As you know, our January 2013 sailing onboard the Azamara Journey has changed due to one more day needed for the scheduled drydock. The voyage is now sailing on January 14, 2013. Because of this itinerary change, shore excursion programs will also change.

In order to enable the new programs to be made available, your previously confirmed shore excursions are being cancelled, and your credit card will be refunded accordingly. We ask that you re-book your tours online on AzamaraClubCruises.com/LandDiscoveries. The tours will be open for re-booking until four days prior to departure. Tours will also be available once onboard, but to ensure space on your most desired tours, we recommend you book before boarding.

Some guests from outside the United States may experience an exchange rate difference when re-booking. Our teams will monitor this, and provide you a credit onboard the ship.

If you have any further questions regarding this, please contact your booking office as per below.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Thank you.

North America:

Monday to Friday 9 am – 7 pm.

Saturday 10 am – 3 pm.

Phone: 1-877-999-9553

Email: AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com

United Kingdom:

Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 6 pm

Phone: 08444934016

Email: infouk@rccl.com

Australia:

Monday to Friday 9 am – 6 pm

Phone: 0061 (2) 4331 5400

Email: info.au@rcclapac.com

Norway:

Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm

Phone: 47 22 51 37 80

Email: infono@celebrity.com

Germany:

Monday – Friday 9 am – 6 pm

Phone: 069 92 00 710

Email: infode@celebrity.com

I will respond to your other questions as soon as I receive the answers.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Bill,

24 hours after receiving the mail from the excursion office that we have to rebook ,we are in germany still not able to rebook this excursions .

the website still shows the 13. jan.cruise.

Archived