Where can my (hopefully) pregnant wife relax on Mariner OTS?

AlanS17

The women who have had children and experienced pregnancy all say, there should be no limitations, it is the men who are the ones who are offering ways to limit activity.

Two points, one this woman is not pregnant yet, it is her husband who is assuming this is a done deal. I am under the impression it is the woman's right to choose.

Second point,if this woman becomes pregnant and is so restricted she should not be on a cruise.

Wow. There is a ton of judgment going on in that statement. Nowhere did the OP imply it wasn't his wife's choice but rather he implies they are trying in whatever way that means.

To the OP: please feel free to ignore some of the...lesser comments that I've read on this thread. Best of luck to you and your wife in this journey.

It does not seem like it will be an issue for you but in case anyone else reads this: remember that if you are at or will reach your 24th week by the day the ship takes off Royal will not permit you to sail. No exceptions.

Except for drinking, eating sushi, and going in the hot tub, I can't think of anything your wife won't be able to do while pregnant. She'll only be 3-4 months pregnant at that point, probably not even showing if it's her first. I went downhill skiing at 3 mos. with my doctor's encouragement. The baby is well protected in the pelvis at that point.

Hi Alan... Good luck to you and the Mrs on your "project." LOL... As for prices, yes...check daily. If you see something you like, do a reservation and then click the "courtesy hold" at the end...then call RCCL. Of course, they'll tell you the room you want isnt showing. You'll then click "cancel reservation" while the rep is on the line, and they can "grab" the room from their side. I just did this and scored a balcony for $100pp more than the inside cabin price. The price drop on the balcony was short lived because the prices went back up a day or so later...so yes, check daily.

Now, if you dont end up with a balcony, try to get her a cabin with a window at least...so she can orient herself and fend off the queazies by seeing the movement of the ocean vs just feeling it in a room without a window. It helps...and, try to stay as close to midship center as you can.

Lastly, I'd agree with others that there are tons of quiet places to steal away. There are plenty of loungers in quiet spots all over. One of our favorite things is to find a quiet spot in the sun and nap.

Good luck.

Good grief... We're actively trying to have a kid that we BOTH want (not that I owe anyone an explanation). We've never had one before so:

1.) We've never been on a Royal Caribbean cruise so don't know what they offer, but we've seen a lot of things like rock climbing and active excursions (horseback riding, SCUBA diving, etc) that she obviously can't do.

2.) We've never had a kid before so we don't know how she'll handle her pregnancy, but she likes to lounge and a pregnancy could potentially wipe her out.

So if this is all you have to say, you can just erase this thread from your mind because I don't need your input.

P.S. We've bought travel insurance so we can cancel at any time if we think there's going to be an issue. We've intentionally booked a room at mid-ship since the first trimester can have the most sickness and we want to minimize that possibility. And we've already verified that she won't be so far along in the pregnancy that she can't go on a cruise if she's otherwise healthy. We've done our research on the whole pregnancy front. Just looking for advice on the cruise front.

On the "goods news" front, the price dipped again ($40 per person), and this time I put a hold on it. Now I can call them up and have proof that I'm not crazy. That's $80 back in our pockets.

Call now. Get off Cruise Critic and call RC right this minute.

Hi,

Just off the MOS a few weeks ago and there is no Maharajahs Lounge. There is the Champagne Bar and Boleros which can be somewhat relaxing during the day with people playing cards and reading. The smoking sections in those places tend to drift to the nonsmokers though. I second the loungers in the adult solarium area for her. I never did find my favorite spot on the ship, though.

Donna

It looks like Maharajah's is called the Lotus Lounge on Mariner - deck 5 forward.

There are always quiet indoor and outdoor places on a voyager class ship depending on the time of day. The deck 4 outdoor promenade area is long and large and usually very quiet. Your promenade room will have a banquette bench window seat that your wife might enjoy.

Walk each deck of the ship to see what it offers. There is a back deck area on deck 12 that could offer some solitude.

Oops. Lotus Lounge it is. After all of the nights I have spent in there, I cannot imagine how I came to forget it!!! Maharajas Lounge is on the Explorer - my first ship!

:)

Good for you! And as for that other poster- don't let them spoil your joy! Having a baby (or trying to make a baby) is an exciting time. Maybe this cruise is exactly what you and the Mrs. need! Keep watching those price drops and higher category drops! You'll be surprised!

The best place for your wife to relax is where she wants to go.

FYI, life has a funny way of controlling you life, getting pregnant is not like ordering a pizza, you can plan all you want but the ability to get pregnant is not as easy as you think.

Wow. I don't think he was asking for advise on the, um, logistics, of the issue. Only about some comfortable spots for his wife onboard--and a very thoughtful inquiry, too. Your comments, on the other hand, are another story.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived