Pandora or Pandora-like Charms

rlkubi

We were on the Explorer a few weeks ago and they had a huge selection of Bella bracelets and charms. I bought 4 bracelets and a set of nautical charms....they had a great bundle deal I could not pass up....plus they had bangle type of charm bracelets......love them....first time I saw those....and I had a decent on board credit so it didn't cost me much at all.

However, the ridiculious wait for the one day sale was awful. So many people pushing and shoving 45 minutes before the sale...huge crowd. They even made us wait for a drawing for another sale they had so it was actually later than the time of the sale was on. A few of us made a pact,lol, to grab as many of the nautical charms as we could and share them with those around us who could not get up front, it was crazy.....but I was able to get the bracelets and charms I wanted.

a passport and a gondola.....

I got my bracelet for Mother's Day...Each of my three kids picked a bead....

and my husband got me the cruise ship...and I got the Tiara for me...cause I mostly cruise Princess and also love to say I am a princess and need a tiara!

Bernadette

a passport and a gondola.....

I got my bracelet for Mother's Day...Each of my three kids picked a bead....

and my husband got me the cruise ship...and I got the Tiara for me...cause I mostly cruise Princess and also love to say I am a princess and need a tiara!

Bernadette

That's cute.....a princess always has a tiara.

I think getting a passport would be cool.

Hmmm, that's odd. My BP bracelets came with stopper beads (they have a little rubber ring inside that grips the chain), so the rest of the beads didn't go flying when I unscrewed the end. So they don't thread on, but the stoppers work to keep the rest of the beads in place.

You definitely have to pay attention to the hole size of the beads! That would be disappointing to order some beads and not have them fit. I have not had that happen. I found everything from moonstone-looking beads to opal mosaic beads on eBay, the selection is kinda overwhelming.

I just got a Pandora bracelet for my birthday, and have only one charm so far. There aren't any 'stopper' beads, as far as I can see, and the bead slides right off.

Is the stopper something you have to buy extra?

Also, how the heck do you put the bracelet on yourself? I tried for 10 minutes this morning before giving up.

I just got a Pandora bracelet for my birthday, and have only one charm so far. There aren't any 'stopper' beads, as far as I can see, and the bead slides right off.

Also, how the heck do you put the bracelet on yourself? I tried for 10 minutes this morning before giving up.

Too funny - I can never get it on or off myself (I have a double strand pink leather one) - so right now I have kept it on for a couple of months (since getting a new charm for my birthday in April)....I sleep with it, shower, etc.

As I sometimes travel solo I don't even bother bringing it as I know I won't be able to 'manage' it on my own :)

No trouble with my BP bracelets.....all came with stopper beads..both ends....easy on and easy off.

I do not have a Pandora bracelet....now.....wondering what the differences are between the bracelets.

I also buy charms from Kohls. They always have coupons and great sales and got a lot of beautiful charms.

I'll have to check out Kohl's charms....did not know they carried Pandora type charms. I love Brighton charms.....great quality at a decent price.......last charm I bought was a ship's wheel from Brighton....its too cute.

You purchase clips that go over the two twisty bumps on the bracelet, if it is a metal bracelet. For a leather bracelet you use the clips with rubber stoppers (free from Pandora) under the clips to keep them from sliding.

The way I put on my bracelet is to lay the opened barrel on the underside of my wrist, wrist and opened barrel both facing up, and then lay the pin in the indentation and snap shut. Never had a problem but the bracelets do get easier to maneuver after a lot of wear. To unfasten I use an old gift card/credit card and slip into the indentation to pop open the barrel.

I recommend a visit to your local Pandora jeweler. They will help you with how to's and show you how the pieces work together. Also, they will clean your Pandora jewelry any time you ask.

I didn't read all the way through this thread, so this might have been mentioned. I put "European bead cruise" into the search on Amazon and pages and pages of stuff came up, including some really really cute cruise ship beads.

You purchase clips that go over the two twisty bumps on the bracelet, if it is a metal bracelet. For a leather bracelet you use the clips with rubber stoppers (free from Pandora) under the clips to keep them from sliding.

The way I put on my bracelet is to lay the opened barrel on the underside of my wrist, wrist and opened barrel both facing up, and then lay the pin in the indentation and snap shut. Never had a problem but the bracelets do get easier to maneuver after a lot of wear. To unfasten I use an old gift card/credit card and slip into the indentation to pop open the barrel.

I recommend a visit to your local Pandora jeweler. They will help you with how to's and show you how the pieces work together. Also, they will clean your Pandora jewelry any time you ask.

Thank you, I will try these suggestions! I can get it open, just not closed. It is new and stiff and fairly small (we got the size suggested), so with more beads and wear it will probably get easier.

Not sure if we have a Pandora jeweler here--or do most jewelers carry the line. I don't know much about it, obviously.

Archived