Pandora or Pandora-like Charms

rlkubi

I also have only Pandora on my bracelet. Buying the bracelet and my first charm was my husband's idea and I'm reluctant to purchase anything other than Pandora charms as I continue to add to my collection.

I love all the charms you describe. I'm getting to the point where I can start a second bracelet and I may begin "designing" the type of bracelet I want to wear depending on the outfit.

Yeah for you. Have fun "designing". I love the designed bracelets! My charms took over before I thought too much about how the bracelets looked.

I have three and said I would never wear more than 2 together since they are fairly heavy. I didn't stick to that and mostly wear them all. I have 3 blue Murano beads on one, 3 orange and tuquoise beads on one, and 3 purple on one. The purple one is mostly pink and purple charms. No design, just special memories. Even though they are all totally diferent they still look fine together because there is lots of silver and many colors. But then, maybe I just think they look fine since I love them.

I have a couple of pics but can't get them to post here.........my email is the same as my name here, Comcast.net, I can email you the pics if you like :)

The ship makes a big deal of their markdown ($90 bracelets marked down to $25), but I saw the exact same bracelets at an airport shop in San Juan when I sailed on the Victory in October ...............at $25 each :D

Could you send me a pic of the bracelet too? I am going on Liberty in Feb. and thought maybe I would like to get one . Love to see one before I go. Thank you so much! my address is kakkie 66 @ gmail . com (no spaces)

Just in case you don't know-Pandora came out with a cruise ship charm in their fall 2012 collection.It is on my Christmas list!

Laura

I got that as a Christmas present. Actually, my sister made me a bracelet with charms from all the countries I've traveled to like England (the Bus and Big Ben) Spain (La Segrada Familia), Germany (Brandenburg Gate), Rome (the Coliseum), Paris (the Eiffel Tower), Australia (a koala), Africa (penguin), China (panda) and then she added the cruise ship, a palm tree and a flip flop. The bracelet is really beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
On our last cruise my SIL bought the cruise ship charm at the Pandora store in St. Maarten

536x554_791043.jpg

They are so cute, I just picked up two, one for me and one for my BF to celebrate our cruise this saturday. I thought about getting one for every cruise I've taken, (9) but that won't work. To many. Maybe ships? that cuts it down to 5.. .maybe..

My DH bought me the Happy Fish, and thats very cute to.

• 5 weeks later...

Did not think I would like a Pandora type of charm bracelet. I always buy the traditional charms....gold and silver. But I was just on the Enchantment of the Seas.......they had a two hour sale of the Bella Perlina bracelets...serveral different prices.......charms too.

I bought the full charm bracelet in blue.....it has a cruise ship and ships wheel....along with the glass and crystal beads. Very pretty. I had no idea what a great price it was until I got home. Now wished I bought a few more for gifts.

ChefPeg: We were on the Carnival Magic in December and they also had a Bella Perlina sale. I bought one for myself with the cruise ship on it as well as one in pink for my MIL for Christmas. I thought for the price I might be getting a piece of junk. Wrong! I too didn't realize what a good buy I got until I came home and looked on the Web. Wish I had bought more now!!

ChefPeg: We were on the Carnival Magic in December and they also had a Bella Perlina sale. I bought one for myself with the cruise ship on it as well as one in pink for my MIL for Christmas. I thought for the price I might be getting a piece of junk. Wrong! I too didn't realize what a good buy I got until I came home and looked on the Web. Wish I had bought more now!!

Hi,

Looking at mine right now and it really much prettier than I thought.....bought it. The blue glass beads are so deep dark in color. Well worth the price.

BTW.....I was wrong mine doesn't have the ship wheel.....it's an anchor and a ship. I had to look at it again....wasn't sure. I just love it.

Next cruise.....hopefully will have the same sale. I will buy a few more. Also remember to buy early......they went fast. I had a purse and a shoe charm in my hand and I set it down.....gone......in a flash.

Would you mind telling us about pricing?:)

I will try to remember....

Value price was a bracelet that was I would say half full with beads.....$24.99 and you would get another for $14.99. Was told this was the best deal.

Bracelet around 3/4 full of beads was $29.99.

Bracelet completely full of beads was 39.99.

Set of six beads...just beads no bracelet was either $19.99 or $24.99.

They also had a set of a bracelet, necklace and earrings.....I don't remember the price at all since I was not interested in a necklace set.

You get the gest of what the pricing was.....maybe someone else will post with the exact amounts.

Thank you for the pricing-- very reasonable.

Yes, the prices are great.....but I had no idea how good until I got home looked on the internet.

Look for them on your next cruise. Very pretty.

I bought one of the BP bracelets on the Solstice and get lots of compliments on it. I plan to buy another one on our cruise next month.

Have not worn mine yet as I just got home Monday.....but I can see why you got compliments.

What color did you get and which charms are on yours?

I will buy more on my cruise in May.

To everyone who bought a Bella Perlina charm bracelet.......will most charms work? If I buy a Brighton or Pandora charm.....will they fit on the BP bracelet?

Going shopping this weekend and was wondering if I found a dog or purse charm I would get it.......then thought some mentioned not all charms work with all bracelets.

TIA!

I am dying to start one of these bracelets!

Can anyone comment on the difference between Pandora and Trollbeads? There is a store near me that does have a beautiful selection of Trollbeads..but only Pandora has that cruise ship! Trollbeads does have a really cute palm tree though and lots of seashell..ocean..beachy themes.

It's nice to have a shop nearby, but I see eBay has the beads slightly cheaper too...

Does anyone know if they are interchangeable? I've been to both websites and there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in the pricing.

Thanks for any input

Terry

I bought a Brighton 'Pandora' type of bead yesterday and it is adorable! Very......very affordable compared to Pandora prices.

That had a few nautical type of beads, I got the turtle bead(love turtles!!!) it's a blue and sea torquoise base with silver, crystal turtles around it. Love it! They had a gold nautical anchor bead I really loved but my bracelet has no gold on it, it had a bit of gold I would have bought the anchor charm for sure....maybe next bracelet will be gold toned.

Now it seems I have every fad charm bracelet out there, lol. From the traditional to the Italian charms and now the Pandora type charms. I still love my traditional charm bracelets the best though, I got the most cutest gold charm when I was in San Juan a few weeks ago...I love it! But this thread is about Pandora charms.

Happy charm hunting!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought another Brighton nautical charm for my BP bracelet. I cannot believe how many cute nautical charms Brighton has out right now. Absolutely adorable!

Quick question for those of us ho have the BP bracelets. Do you think they are very heavy once they are full? Man oh man....I just tried mine on again....whew wee.....heavy! Pretty though.:)

I also bought the bead sets on the Imagination a few months back. Great deal - buy two at $14.95 or something like that and get one free. I snagged the cruise ship similar to the one pictured here. Also got a seashell, a martini glass with an umbrella, a bead or two, and then I got one set with a dog bone and a love dogs charm. :)

These aren't Pandora, but Kohls sells a great selection - I've picked up a camera, a passport, another tropical drink one, dolphin, etc. They've got a good sale going on now, plus if you google you can usually find a 15-20% off code to use.

I am dying to start one of these bracelets!

Can anyone comment on the difference between Pandora and Trollbeads? There is a store near me that does have a beautiful selection of Trollbeads..but only Pandora has that cruise ship! Trollbeads does have a really cute palm tree though and lots of seashell..ocean..beachy themes.

Trollbeads are the originator of the "European Charm Bracelets" Then came Chamilia and then Pandora (who really made them popular) and then the market was flooded. lol I got my first bracelet in Aruba, and it was Chamilia, but I buy all kinds of beads - many many from eBay. I've only found a few that didn't fit. I don't think Trollbeads fit on either Pandora or Chamilia bracelets, but Pan and Cham are interchangeable.

When I'm going for "name brand" I tend to lean to Chamilia - they are more "blingy" as someone mentioned and they have a much larger selection of marano glass and crystal. I love the Pandora for the themed silver pieces. Prices are about the same, with Chamilia being a very small bit cheaper (and Trollbeads the lowest of all)

As for spacer/filler type beads (plain silver or plain glass in a particualr color) I tend to go with the Asian cheapies from eBay. I like to make theme bracelets either by color or season. I have one that's all purple, one that black and white polka dots, one for winter/christmas, one that's ocean blues....it's addicting!!!! And I have to have a full bracelet - I hate having empty space, and it makes the weight uneven and sends all of my fun beads to under my wrist - where no one can seem them!!!! lol

I have a few Brighton charms that fit well, a lot from Kohls of all places that also fit. I think Pandora can be a bit tougher to fit becasue of the multiple threaded spots. Chamilia only had one threaded part on the very end and most beads seem to slip right over it like butter. hehe

Archived