Pandora or Pandora-like Charms

rlkubi

All, I would like to get charms from the islands I've visited for keepsakes (after the fact). Does anyone know of an online store or place to get these? They don't have to be Pandora but just need to fit that type of bracelet. I've googled but not much luck.

Thank you!

I just got off the Breeze yesterday and Carnival was selling the Bella Perlina charms....they had bracelets with charms for 2 for $40, 2 for $60 and 2 for $80. I bought 2 of the the 2 for $40; the higher priced ones had more charms on them. Also, they had sets that had matching necklaces and earrings. Also, they sold some charms individually and I believe those were buy one get one, but I could be wrong on that.

If you go to Amazon (under "jewelry") and type "Pandora cruise ship" or "Pandora tropical" in the search bar, you'll find several Pandora style beads that might suit you. Although there are none that are island specific, there's sure to be something that will work as a memento.:)

While in the Cayman's in November I visited a store that sold Pandora bracelets and asked if Pandora made any charms specifically that was representative of their island (or any Caribbean island for that matter) and she said no. I think they're missing out on something there.

I was able to by a charm in Key West that fit my bracelet that was a replica of a coin from an older era that used pirate treasure from a ship that had sunk off the coast. I really don't like to put non-pandora charms on my bracelet but I made an exception.

The ship was also selling Pandora-like charm bracelets. I think one night they had them on sale for around $90 with all the charms attached. I should have bought one b/c now I regret not getting one.

We came off of a B2B on Liberty. It was only on the second leg had I noticed the beads/bracelets. I did buy 2 bracelets, but wish I would have know about this on the first leg.....I would have been more prepared. (I didn't get to see much of what they had, because I was just walking by after the whole crazy show was coming to an end)

Does anyone have a picture they could post of one they got on the ship? I'm considering getting one in lieu of an actual Pandora.

I have a couple of pics but can't get them to post here.........my email is the same as my name here, Comcast.net, I can email you the pics if you like :)

The ship makes a big deal of their markdown ($90 bracelets marked down to $25), but I saw the exact same bracelets at an airport shop in San Juan when I sailed on the Victory in October ...............at $25 each :D

The Bella Perlina ones on the ship are quite lovely - and reasonably priced!

I have a pandora bracelet so got some of the beads - they had a sale - I think there were about 3 'beads/charms' per box - each was $14.95 - and it was buy two get one free!

I got one 'box' for my daughter and 2 for my bracelet - I was able to nab the last 'box' that included a tiny dangling cruise ship and a rhinestone anchor as well, to commemorate my cruise! :)

Please be aware, not all Pandora like beads will fit a Pandora bracelet. Something to do with the threaded part. I've ordered a bunch from various places, including Ebay, and a full half would not fit. They sell pretty beads at Sam's also, but they won't fit either. I love my Pandora bracelet, but wish they would do more "bling" type beads.

Please be aware, not all Pandora like beads will fit a Pandora bracelet. Something to do with the threaded part. I've ordered a bunch from various places, including Ebay, and a full half would not fit. They sell pretty beads at Sam's also, but they won't fit either. I love my Pandora bracelet, but wish they would do more "bling" type beads.

Well the Bella Perlina fit - at least on my bracelet. And you are right the Pandora ones are 'threaded' preventing them from slipping off the bracelet.

The BP ones were not as I soon discovered when they scattered all over the floor! To avoid this make sure your 'pandora' beads' are at either end of your bead grouping to avoid this happening :)

Well the Bella Perlina fit - at least on my bracelet. And you are right the Pandora ones are 'threaded' preventing them from slipping off the bracelet.

The BP ones were not as I soon discovered when they scattered all over the floor! To avoid this make sure your 'pandora' beads' are at either end of your bead grouping to avoid this happening :)

Hmmm, that's odd. My BP bracelets came with stopper beads (they have a little rubber ring inside that grips the chain), so the rest of the beads didn't go flying when I unscrewed the end. So they don't thread on, but the stoppers work to keep the rest of the beads in place.

You definitely have to pay attention to the hole size of the beads! That would be disappointing to order some beads and not have them fit. I have not had that happen. I found everything from moonstone-looking beads to opal mosaic beads on eBay, the selection is kinda overwhelming.

There is a little shop I know that is making pandora-type beads - it is called Seachelle Designs. They get sand from beaches and incorporate it into the bead. I've bought quite a few jewelry items from them and they hold up well.

They are just branching out from the Maryland/New Jersey area and have sand from a few of the Caribbean islands already.

They have an internet site - just search for Seachelle Designs. You can contact Michelle - she has made several specialized beads for me.

I just purchased 2 BP bracelets on the Carnival Magic last week. I didn't realize what a good deal they were until I began looking at prices on-line. I also bought one for my MIL for Christmas. She will love it! Does anyone know which cruise lines other than CCL sell these on board?

Pandora now has a cruise ship charm. I got it for my DD for her birthday last month. It is cute and although we did not buy it on a ship or at a port, it still gives her the memories.

On our last cruise my SIL bought the cruise ship charm at the Pandora store in St. Maarten

536x554_791043.jpg

I am kind of a Pandora snob. I will only put real Pandora charms on my bracelets. I got my first bracelet 9 years ago from my hubby. I don't typically buy charms. They are usually gifts from hubby or kids. I do buy one for each cruise. We've only been on 3 cruises and I have a sun - 1st cruise never had a cloud in the sky, 2nd cruise got the shell with a gold starfish, last cruise I got the frog for the coqui frogs in San Juan.

This year we are doing a B2B so I will get 2 - the cruise ship and probably the turtle after we swim with the turtles in Barbados. There are several more charms I would get for cruising the Caribbean; palm tree, dolphin, airplane, suitcase, fish, camera, etc.. My experience has been that they are the same price but it is a fun remembrance of the week.

Archived