what to wear? boarding Enchantment in February

I haven't a clue what to wear to board the Enchantment in February! We will be driving to the port, so no need to wear the "heaviest" clothing for fear it weighs too much in the suitcase. Obviously I need to wear a winter jacket, that will be parked in the closet asap! but what do ladies wear to board in cold climates? I'm usually in shorts and flip flops, so this is all new to me! Jeans? Something dressier for photos? Boots or leave them in the car? Is it like the mall and I will be roasting and regretting lugging my winter coat around until they open the cabins? :confused::confused::confused:

it will be cold the first 2 days and last 2 days most likely. its still chilly inside even once you hit Bahamas/Bermuda/wherever

I'm local, only 20 minutes away, and will be boarding on 22 December.

I will be in slacks( I don't wear jeans on cruises under any circumstances) and a sweater as well as my heavy winter coat.

This is just based on my experience a week ago... plan on cold/windy weather on the "at sea" days at the beginning and end of the cruise. Don't necessarily need to wear coats and boots, but there's also little need to go out on the pool deck. It was cold getting from the car to the embarkation area. From the seating area to the ramp is outdoors, but they have heaters. You definitely won't need cold weather gear indoors on the ship!

LOL thats true! I just wondered if since it was a colder climate if the boarding day dress was a bit more on the casual side than usual. More utilitarian if you will?

We have cruised from Baltimore & Bayonne many times in mid winter & have never worn anything heavier than a sweatshirt jacket boarding. Since for us it's always several hours until our cabin is accessible we dont like lugging around a heavy coat. So we brave the chill from our car to the cruise terminal, No need for us to be out on deck more than a few minutes at a time anyway once on board. In fact as soon as our cabin is available my DH changes into shorts & flip flops, after all he's on a tropical vacation. This is just MHO.

We have cruised from Baltimore & Bayonne many times in mid winter & have never worn anything heavier than a sweatshirt jacket boarding. Since for us it's always several hours until our cabin is accessible we dont like lugging around a heavy coat. So we brave the chill from our car to the cruise terminal, No need for us to be out on deck more than a few minutes at a time anyway once on board. In fact as soon as our cabin is available my DH changes into shorts & flip flops, after all he's on a tropical vacation. This is just MHO.

Thats exactly what I was thinking! I HATE wearing a winter coat, I always take it off in the car, going to the mall, and usually when we fly in the winter I also brave the chill from the car to the terminal! Maybe I will bring a puffer jacket and stuff it into my outside pocket of my suitcase before they take it. We will be taking a shuttle from the hotel so I may need it on the return. Thanks everyone!

I will be wearing layers. Top, sweat shirt and light jacket. Even if I am flying to Fl in the winter months, I leave the heavy coat and gloves in the car. It is usually a short hop and the shuttle bus is heated. I hate to lug around a heavy coat in addition to my carryon.

Once in the terminal I am fine. On board, we will most likely stay indoors until we at least hit the Carolinas. Then, relatively speaking it will feel warm - even though we will not be in bathing suits by the pool at that point!

If it makes a difference, you can park VERY close to the terminal if you arrive early, or you even can be dropped off in right front. Baltimore is very easy! The terminal wheere you check in and wait to board is climate controlled, but when you disembark you are in a big garage like space where they have the luggage and I wouldnt count on that being warm! My advice is always layers!

Archived