Just curious: How low (or high) is your VIFP #?

CollegeCruizer11

I'm not asking for the exact number of course. I just found it interesting that while reviewing my cruise docs that my VIFP # is in the low 700,000s while my cruise buddy's # is in the 97,000,000s!

I assume that each new Carnival cruiser just gets the next available number. My first cruise was in 1997 & my cruise buddy's was in 2011. It's crazy that there are about 96 million cruisers between us.

So... are my assumptions about the way the numbers are assigned correct?

Do you have a really high number? Or a really low one? When was your first cruise?

Wow they must really have had a lot of cruisers...my number is ~6,600,000,000. Over six billion! :)

Wife's number is ~700,000,000. Daughter's is ~900,000,000. The three of us have all been on the same cruises.

Sorry to disillusion you but your theory is way off. DH and I started cruising in 1977 with Carnival. Sometime in the 90's, we realized that Carnival did not have all my cruises under one file and DH's were all there. After many calls, they finally got it right and our #'s are way off from each other. Now you may think since his was right all along that his would be a lower # and I got a new one years later when everything was all sorted out, mine would be a higher #. Wrong. Both are 10 digits but his starts with a 9 and mine with 005.

Sorry to disillusion you but your theory is way off. DH and I started cruising in 1977 with Carnival. Sometime in the 90's, we realized that Carnival did not have all my cruises under one file and DH's were all there. After many calls, they finally got it right and our #'s are way off from each other. Now you may think since his was right all along that his would be a lower # and I got a new one years later when everything was all sorted out, mine would be a higher #. Wrong. Both are 10 digits but his starts with a 9 and mine with 005.

Darn! That's what I get for trying to think of a rational explanation. :p Seems like the number should have some significance....

LOL...so far from all the postings, DH's # is the highest and he has had his from forever. They probably did not start issuing #'s in the 70's or maybe even in the 90's but he was in the system when they started and his is higher than any of those posted. 9,xxx,xxx,xxx :eek:

Ours are 61,xxx,xxx but mine and DH's numbers are almost 200 apart even though we got them at the same time on the same cruise in the same cabin in the same bed. Oh, and our first Cruise on a Carnival ship was 2006.

I first cruised with Carnival in 2006 as well and my number is 61,xxx,xxx. Our numbers are fairly close, So perhaps it has something to do with the year?

I'm not asking for the exact number of course. I just found it interesting that while reviewing my cruise docs that my VIFP # is in the low 700,000s while my cruise buddy's # is in the 97,000,000s!

I assume that each new Carnival cruiser just gets the next available number. My first cruise was in 1997 & my cruise buddy's was in 2011. It's crazy that there are about 96 million cruisers between us.

So... are my assumptions about the way the numbers are assigned correct?

Do you have a really high number? Or a really low one? When was your first cruise?

not sure about your theory.....my first cruise was on Mardi Gras in the early 80's yet my

number is in the 700,000's.......

and Ihave 32 Carnival cruises and am a Diamond cruiser

Carnival did not even have a past guest program until sometime in the 1990's.

I've been cruising Carnival since 1983 and my number is 8xxxxxxxxx

Kathy's first cruise on Carnival was in 2004, her number is 005xxxxxxx

The algorithm to assign each number is far from random, but I do not have enough data points to decipher it, yet. We have two first time cruisers joining us in January, so I may be able to crack the code after that. Maybe.

I first cruised with Carnival in 2006 as well and my number is 61,xxx,xxx. Our numbers are fairly close, So perhaps it has something to do with the year?

Ahaaa, thanks. That makes sense for our numbers, but some of the other ones sure don't seem to make sense.

Archived