Quebec City to PA ?

knarf

Cruising in the fall from Boston to Quebec City. After the cruise, we will want to go from Quebec City to Erie, PA. Any suggestions as to the best way to do this ?:)

Thank you all for the help.

Knarf (Frank backwards)

What is your definition of "best"?

Cheapest? Quickest? Most comfortable?

How many of you are there (more people makes driving more reasonable)?

It looks like a 10 hour drive, if you rent a car. You can fly in under 5 hours (mostly via Philly). There might be a bus option.

Tell us more about you and your needs so we can help.

Quebec City will require you to change planes if you're flying, you can get usually get good flights to NYC or Detroit.

Otherwise you could fly Porter Airlines to Downtown Toronto and then get a bus or train from Toronto to Buffalo, then onwards from Buffalo. Toronto is 1.5 hrs away from Buffalo.

If you have time there are trains from Quebec City to Montreal, the Amtrak to NYC. Or a train to Toronto.

My suggestion would be to work your way toward Toronto, then onwards to Buffalo. There are more connections and flight options between Quebec City and Toronto, then you'd get with Detroit or NYC

Hi all,

Thank you all for your feedback.

If I book this cruise(which I am seriously thinking about-Boston to Quebec) After the cruise,I will probably "train it" from Quebec City to Montreal stay overnight in Montreal (I have too because of train schedule) then "train it" from Montreal to Erie, PA the next day. Total cost appox. from Quebec to Montreal to Erie, PA by train $294 + hotel in Montreal + $3.00 for a meal for my wife at Tim Hortons !!:p

Options 2-Fly Quebec to Erie, PA from $750 to $820

Option 3-Train from Quebec to Montreal: and fly Montreal to Erie approx. cost $587 to $625

option 4 -fly Quebec to Toronto and Toronto to Erie approx. $850

Still a work in progress as this cruise will be in September 2013. Yes, I like to plan ahead !!:)

Any ideas for hotel in Montreal ?:rolleyes:

Later,

Knarf/Frank

A few years ago, I flew from Omaha to Quebec for $300 one way. We usually have pretty high air fares from here but must have hit a bargain. I wouldn't rule out flying, just keep checking the price. We did a Quebec to FLL cruise so we flew home from FLL.

• 4 weeks later...

Some other threads have discussed driving back to Boston and flying out of there. You can fly Boston to Erie for $200 or less if you look around and book early. There are NO cheap flights from Canada to most U.S. cities, especially smaller ones and, in many cases, you will change planes in Boston anyway. The rental car will more than pay for itself. If you don't want to make the drive in one day, you can probably find a $60 hotel night on Priceline.

Cruising in the fall from Boston to Quebec City. After the cruise, we will want to go from Quebec City to Erie, PA. Any suggestions as to the best way to do this ?:)

Thank you all for the help.

Knarf (Frank backwards)

Hi Frank - We're your neighbors to the south in Butler, PA. I assume you are talking about driving not by rail - right? We've done this drive and while there's lots to see and do along the way....it's a loooong drive. If you have the time - want to see some great sights ... then the drive is fine. But - for us the best & less expensive way to do this is USAirways direct flights PIT/BOS outbound and return. We are doing the September 2013 Dawn B2B and already have air, hotels, etc., booked at good prices. Hope this helps. Fred

Archived