Thomson Cruises are getting onboard with you (Part 2)

Hi Kruzseeka,

Our tickets don't have a specific hand luggage allowance printed on them. In the information at the back of the ticket it does state our standard allowance is 5kg but also advises that if you're a cruise customer you're entitled to 7kg.

About our ex-UK cruises, it appears that our system has a pre-programmed hold luggage allowance. This is then printed on the tickets which shouldn't be the case.

Sorry for any confusion and I'll pass this feedback on to our Ticketing Team.

Thanks,

Dan

Thank you for your reply and also for forwarding the issue to the ticketing team who I hope will be able to correct this confusion.

Can see me

95p apparently if you want your own can now :mad:

What a rip off!!! This can add another £70+ for us on a 1 week cruise:eek:. Wouldn't mind but most of the ships we've been on has been Pepsi:eek::eek: Can see me buying my coke in the ports that we visit.

Hi Thomson Cruises,

Can you confirm whether or not the Portraits of the Past itinerary has been changed as discussed in this thread http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751831

Thanks

Hi Grez,

I've answered Smiffy's query on the thread.

Thanks,

Lauren

WHY WHY WHY CAN'T WE GET AN HONEST SIMPLE ANSWER PLEASE !!!!

I agree my question is possibly quite insignificant however i have asked it and as Thomson have been selling cruises for years they must have upgraded people in the past, i just want to know what is the criteria!!!!!

Im sure many would like to know about this. If you book for instance with P&O theres often a chance of either a free or cheap upgrade.

I just want to know really if Thomson do this ( as i think they do and more importantly if you have already chosed (AND PAID !!) to choose a particular cabin would you be overlooked and not be offered the perk??

I think if you book early then you should be top of the list for any little perk like this and its unfair to just give away a better grade of cabin to late bookers :mad:

As a TA i came across upgrades for P&O customers but never ever Thomson, its only from my experience on the Spirit when someone booked deck 1 and got a fab cabin up in the gods for no extra as they had booked last min that i know it does happen.

( Im possibly sour as we were put in their Deck 1 under the water line cabin instead lol, but i absolutly cant complain at all as we paid so little for our cruise at the time ( staff perk and very cheap) so we were more than happy even if we had had to sleep on the deck !)

but... as we now have to pay top whack like everyone else and have chosen a dearer cabin for next year (deck 9), booked eighteeen months in advance etc etc i will be very hacked off :( to find a late booker in a delux or suite when they have paid for a cheaper cabin.

Anyone with me on this at all....... ?

Although we havnt done many cruises yet i know most of you are "old hands" so must have come across this , has anyone ever been upgraded free or at a "deal" after booking?

Am i on my own, does no one else think this is unfair?:confused:

Hi, we got a free upgrade from a mini suite to a penthouse suite (with all the perks) on a Princess ship! We booked early and only found out when printing our baggage labels the day before travelling! It was an awesome upgrade! It seems this occurs frequently on American ships, totally agree with you on this one, why Thomson doesnt do this I dont know:mad:

Hi Lilys gran, thanks for replying, crikey I would have been thrilled with that upgrade. :)

It just seems so silly that Thomson don't do the same ,would be a lovely perk for early bookers.

Instead it seems they just give them to the late bookers !! :(

They won't give a straight answer on it anyway and surely they must have some sort of upgrade policy but never mind sure I'll have a fab cruise in my chosen cabin :D , I can't wait. Shame it's still about 300 days away !! :cool:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

i replied to this earlier today. where is my post?

I met a couple on Spirit who had a free upgrade from suite to presidential suite :eek:

Hi Dave yes it does happen doesn't it, we met a couple on the Spirit who we're upgraded from deck 1 to deck 7 ,can't rem the grade but it was a fab cabin. Just can't understand why Thomson can't explain what is the policy regarding upgrades :confused::confused::confused:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

WHY WHY WHY CAN'T WE GET AN HONEST SIMPLE ANSWER PLEASE !!!!

I agree my question is possibly quite insignificant however i have asked it and as Thomson have been selling cruises for years they must have upgraded people in the past, i just want to know what is the criteria!!!!!

Im sure many would like to know about this. If you book for instance with P&O theres often a chance of either a free or cheap upgrade.

I just want to know really if Thomson do this ( as i think they do and more importantly if you have already chosed (AND PAID !!) to choose a particular cabin would you be overlooked and not be offered the perk??

I think if you book early then you should be top of the list for any little perk like this and its unfair to just give away a better grade of cabin to late bookers :mad:

As a TA i came across upgrades for P&O customers but never ever Thomson, its only from my experience on the Spirit when someone booked deck 1 and got a fab cabin up in the gods for no extra as they had booked last min that i know it does happen.

( Im possibly sour as we were put in their Deck 1 under the water line cabin instead lol, but i absolutly cant complain at all as we paid so little for our cruise at the time ( staff perk and very cheap) so we were more than happy even if we had had to sleep on the deck !)

but... as we now have to pay top whack like everyone else and have chosen a dearer cabin for next year (deck 9), booked eighteeen months in advance etc etc i will be very hacked off :( to find a late booker in a delux or suite when they have paid for a cheaper cabin.

Anyone with me on this at all....... ?

Although we havnt done many cruises yet i know most of you are "old hands" so must have come across this , has anyone ever been upgraded free or at a "deal" after booking?

Am i on my own, does no one else think this is unfair?:confused:

Hello

I can totally agree, My first cruise next year, yes like yourself we have paid for our chosen cabin, booked for a Suite, Anniversary Treat, but it came at a price

So yes I think I would be rather vexed if this type of room was given as a free upgrade to late bookers,

I have experienced this on Hotel Holidays and it really is infuriating to learn that you book and pay for extras/upgraded rooms and others get better rooms without paying or even asking:confused:

But being our first cruise we were not sure what to expect so for this one booked the Suite, hopefully we can get to see an outside Cabin etc for hopefully any future cruises...maybe by then upgrades will be offered :)

One for the Thomson boys & girls... Prior to the platinum refurbs it was heralded that each ship will have an alternative restaurant, with French and Asian fusion themed a la carte menus”… Just wondered if that plan was forgotten about, or if not where on the Dream such a new restaurant may be located, or does it replace the current “surf & turf” in the evenings at The Grill :(

One for the Thomson boys & girls... Prior to the platinum refurbs it was heralded that each ship will have an alternative restaurant, with French and Asian fusion themed a la carte menus”… Just wondered if that plan was forgotten about, or if not where on the Dream such a new restaurant may be located, or does it replace the current “surf & turf” in the evenings at The Grill :(

Deck 11 is the only deck where there is room and i reckon the same arrangements will apply. Buffet for breakfast and lunch and cover charge restaurant in the evening. At least it has its own galley.

There was a mistake somewhere along the line with an article that said there was going to be separate restaurants. I think Thomson said though that they would be making the a la carte restaurant to have a different cuisine each night with a different theme, rather than new restaurants. However, I noticed when someone asked Ellacott asking if the choice of food would change in the Platinum upgrade, he said no, and I've not heard anything since about the change in the a la carte menu.

There was a mistake somewhere along the line with an article that said there was going to be separate restaurants. I think Thomson said though that they would be making the a la carte restaurant to have a different cuisine each night with a different theme, rather than new restaurants. However, I noticed when someone asked Ellacott asking if the choice of food would change in the Platinum upgrade, he said no, and I've not heard anything since about the change in the a la carte menu.

It was meeee who asked sailaway, yeh, he def said no change to the food :D

Oh Thomson - you do leave yourselves open to customer discontent!!!

We booked a cruise for 26 October 2013 on the Dream over 11 months in advance then, less than a week later, you dropped the price and have now dropped it even more. When I told you this left a nasty taste in the mouth I was basically told ´tough´.

Today I have received an email from Thomson offering a promo code 100 Pound discount off an early booking holiday - but the holiday is already booked!!!

I really am disappointed with you Thomson.

We booked a cruise for 26 October 2013 on the Dream over 11 months in advance then, less than a week later, you dropped the price and have now dropped it even more. When I told you this left a nasty taste in the mouth I was basically told ´tough´.

Today I have received an email from Thomson offering a promo code 100 Pound discount off an early booking holiday - but the holiday is already booked!!!

Hi Campolady, yes we are in the same boat ( pardon the pun !! ;) )

We booked as soon as the prices were released and are now watching the prices drop!! We did gain a bit though.....

When we originally booked we wanted to do the cruise on the 19th Oct 13 followed by a weeks stay in Majorca but the only hotel on offer at the time for a week although very nice was in the middle of no-where ( Luabay Galatzo) , all the other hotels were not yet available as no new contracts had been signed for the winter season.

We booked a 3 night stay at the Platja Dor but were not happy. Once the winter contracts had been sorted i changed the stay to seven nights ( changed hotel too to the Son Matias as wished we'd chosen that originally) ..... anyway long story short although we were charged £100 admin ( cheek i think as it was out of our control originally as contracts were not finalised) our final bill only came to about £170 more inc admin fee and we had 4 more nights as prices had come down. ( I know the Platja Dor is all inc and Son Matias is only HB but its a dearer hotel etc etc ....)

Worth keeping an eye on things and working out if a little change would bring your cost down ?? :D:D

Message to Thomson Cruises

Please be aware that on your website the symbols * and # denoting the 3 & 4 birth cabins are the wrong way round.

Annoyingly this means the pre booked cabin we have is not going to be quite as I expected.

Sep 1999 Thomson Topaz

Aug 2013 Thomson Dream

I personally feel that all loyal customers should be rewarded with a £100 onboard spend - it IS an insult to receive an email for £100 off when you have already booked so far ahead! We booked 16 months ahead!! The good news for us though, early booking paid as the cruise we have booked from the same airport is now no longer available!

We are booked on the Crimean Discovery on 10/6. There are very few excursions listed on your website...says will be available soon??? when will they be available please ?

Thanks

Hi livingston,

We're hoping to have the excursions for the Crimean Discovery and the other Summer 2013 cruises available online to book from February.

Message to Thomson Cruises

Please be aware that on your website the symbols * and # denoting the 3 & 4 birth cabins are the wrong way round.

Annoyingly this means the pre booked cabin we have is not going to be quite as I expected.

Sep 1999 Thomson Topaz

Aug 2013 Thomson Dream

Hi Kental,

Thanks for making us aware of this. We'll pass this on to the web and brochure teams.

Thanks,

Dan.

Archived