Thomson Cruises are getting onboard with you (Part 2)

Aaargh! Please answer the question or say that you can't. Posting that list by no means helps.

Hi Grez,

The All Inclusive drinks are almost the same across the fleet. As the types and brand of drinks can vary between the ships we're only able to provide you with the guide menu as above.

Thanks,

Dan.

Hi Grez,

The All Inclusive drinks are almost the same across the fleet. As the types and brand of drinks can vary between the ships we're only able to provide you with the guide menu as above.

Thanks,

Dan.

Yes, I realise that which is why I specifically asked for the Majesty bar list.

Aaargh! Please answer the question or say that you can't. Posting that list by no means helps.

Give me a couple of weeks Grez and I will copy it for you ;)

Stevie give your Avatar a tap with your sonic screwdriver:cool:;)

:rolleyes:

GREAT TRUTHS THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED:

1) No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats..

2) When your Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.

3) If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.

4) Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.

5) You can't trust dogs to watch your food..

6) Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair..

7) Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.

8) You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.

9) Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.

10)
The best place to be when you're sad is Grandma's lap

cid:18.1278988431@web161302.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

cid:19.1278988431@web161302.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:

1) Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree.

2) Wrinkles don't hurt.

3) Families are like fudge...mostly sweet, with a few nuts

4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

5) Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy..

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD

1) Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional...

2) Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

3) When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.

4) You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

5) It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions...

6) Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician

7) Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.

cid:20.1278988431@web161302.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

SUCCESS:

At age 4 success is . . . . Not piddling in your pants.

At age 12 success is . . . Having friends.

At age 17 success is . . Having a driver's license.

At age 35 success is . . . ..having money.

At age 50 success is . . . Having money..

At age 70 success is . .. . Having a drivers license.

At age 75 success is . ... . Having friends.

At age 80 success is . . .. Not piddling in your pants.

Yes, I realise that which is why I specifically asked for the Majesty bar list.

Go to the Thomson Blog. Many people have asked for a copy of the Majesty bar list and they are being e-mailed a copy. :rolleyes:

It is the same as the bar list in September 2012. :)

Hope they don't change it before March. :eek:

Go to the Thomson Blog. Many people have asked for a copy of the Majesty bar list and they are being e-mailed a copy. :rolleyes:

It is the same as the bar list in September 2012. :)

Hope they don't change it before March. :eek:

Hi jakanne, I strongly suspect that people are being e-mailed the useless list that was posted above. I hope to be proven wrong.

Q2/ I have noticed that if I go into my local Thomsons shop they tell me to book a ships cabin online is £39.= ,

yet online it now shows £42.= to prebook them .Are you intending to raise the price to the latter ?

The price for pre-booking your cabin is £42, sorry that you weren't advised the most up to date information from the store.

I too noticed the £42 increase on the site increase throughout November from £39 in the current brochure... But when booking a room on the 27th Nov’ for the Dream in April 2013 was charged £39... So yes when they put the price up on their site they were intending to raise the price later, but I do know it hadn’t gone up by 27th Nov.

Is there still a choice of House Wine on the AI list? From memory in the waiter service restaurant there was a reasonable choice before upgrading.

My memory is a bit hazy though, it was 1999 when we sailed on the Topaz!!!!

I am happy with the deal we got on our August cruise, £69 per adult AI upgrade & £39 to book a cabin.

Is there still a choice of House Wine on the AI list? From memory in the waiter service restaurant there was a reasonable choice before upgrading.

I am happy with the deal we got on our August cruise, £69 per adult AI upgrade & £39 to book a cabin.

It is just white, red or rose

however i seem to remember that the last time i was on Celebration there was actually a choice. The friiendly Rain kept sneaking up on me with glasses of Merlot :D

however i seem to remember that the last time i was on Celebration there was actually a choice. The friiendly Rain kept sneaking up on me with glasses of Merlot :D

Comparing to the spirits that are available free, the wine should be better than you get in an AI hotel in Turkey for instance!!!

Just under 8 months to wait now!!!

Hello to the Thomson Team,

On another thread the issue of luggage allowance has been raised again.

The problem is that we often get eTickets with the wrong luggage allowance printed on it i.e. 20Kg p.p. hold lugagge (correct) and hand luggage of 5Kg (wrong - it's 7Kg).

Here is the brochure link which is quite clear.

http://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Cruises-November-2012-...-October-2013-%28April-Edition%29/Booking-Information/A...Z-Guide/page_211

However not everyone checks the small print in the brochure or queries issues on this forum (when hopefully someone can out them right) so many of your customers are being given wrong information.

I was in the check-in queue with a lady in September for an ex-UK sailing (no luggage limit at all applies for this cruise - except the weight limit for individual cases) and her tickets had an allowance of 20KG! She'd really struggled especially as it was a cruise at the end of the season to cooler climes where extra warmer clothing would be needed.

Another example was in the check-in at our local airport for a fly/cruise when the counter staff would not accept that the allowance was for 7Kg - as it was wrong on the ticket. Being aware of the discrepancy I'd taken the precaution of ripping the appropriate page out of the brochure and would have stuck to my guns if my hand luggage was over 5Kg but under 7kg and had been deemed to be over-weight. It could lead to wrongly applied xs luggage which is really unacceptable.

Could this situation be remedied please? It's an admin error which seems to me could be easily sorted. Surely it's only a computer issue - a cruise has a different default luggage setting than package holidays. It's important your customers are receiving the correct information.

Hi Dreamgirl,

Thanks for the welcome.

We can see that Fraser’s given as much detail as possible right now.

However, keep this in mind for Fraser’s next Q&A as we may have more information then.

Thanks,

Lauren

WHY WHY WHY CAN'T WE GET AN HONEST SIMPLE ANSWER PLEASE !!!!

I agree my question is possibly quite insignificant however i have asked it and as Thomson have been selling cruises for years they must have upgraded people in the past, i just want to know what is the criteria!!!!!

Im sure many would like to know about this. If you book for instance with P&O theres often a chance of either a free or cheap upgrade.

I just want to know really if Thomson do this ( as i think they do and more importantly if you have already chosed (AND PAID !!) to choose a particular cabin would you be overlooked and not be offered the perk??

I think if you book early then you should be top of the list for any little perk like this and its unfair to just give away a better grade of cabin to late bookers :mad:

As a TA i came across upgrades for P&O customers but never ever Thomson, its only from my experience on the Spirit when someone booked deck 1 and got a fab cabin up in the gods for no extra as they had booked last min that i know it does happen.

( Im possibly sour as we were put in their Deck 1 under the water line cabin instead lol, but i absolutly cant complain at all as we paid so little for our cruise at the time ( staff perk and very cheap) so we were more than happy even if we had had to sleep on the deck !)

but... as we now have to pay top whack like everyone else and have chosen a dearer cabin for next year (deck 9), booked eighteeen months in advance etc etc i will be very hacked off :( to find a late booker in a delux or suite when they have paid for a cheaper cabin.

Anyone with me on this at all....... ?

Although we havnt done many cruises yet i know most of you are "old hands" so must have come across this , has anyone ever been upgraded free or at a "deal" after booking?

Am i on my own, does no one else think this is unfair?:confused:

Hi Dave and Kental,

You're right we do have a choice of white, red and rose included in the All Inclusive. As we've mentioned this does vary from ship to ship and can depend on the local suppliers as well. Sparkling wine and wine by the bottle are supplemented.

Thanks,

Dan

Hello to the Thomson Team,

On another thread the issue of luggage allowance has been raised again.

The problem is that we often get eTickets with the wrong luggage allowance printed on it i.e. 20Kg p.p. hold lugagge (correct) and hand luggage of 5Kg (wrong - it's 7Kg).

Here is the brochure link which is quite clear.

http://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Cruises-November-2012-...-October-2013-%28April-Edition%29/Booking-Information/A...Z-Guide/page_211

However not everyone checks the small print in the brochure or queries issues on this forum (when hopefully someone can out them right) so many of your customers are being given wrong information.

I was in the check-in queue with a lady in September for an ex-UK sailing (no luggage limit at all applies for this cruise - except the weight limit for individual cases) and her tickets had an allowance of 20KG! She'd really struggled especially as it was a cruise at the end of the season to cooler climes where extra warmer clothing would be needed.

Another example was in the check-in at our local airport for a fly/cruise when the counter staff would not accept that the allowance was for 7Kg - as it was wrong on the ticket. Being aware of the discrepancy I'd taken the precaution of ripping the appropriate page out of the brochure and would have stuck to my guns if my hand luggage was over 5Kg but under 7kg and had been deemed to be over-weight. It could lead to wrongly applied xs luggage which is really unacceptable.

Could this situation be remedied please? It's an admin error which seems to me could be easily sorted. Surely it's only a computer issue - a cruise has a different default luggage setting than package holidays. It's important your customers are receiving the correct information.

Hi Kruzseeka,

Our tickets don't have a specific hand luggage allowance printed on them. In the information at the back of the ticket it does state our standard allowance is 5kg but also advises that if you're a cruise customer you're entitled to 7kg.

About our ex-UK cruises, it appears that our system has a pre-programmed hold luggage allowance. This is then printed on the tickets which shouldn't be the case.

Sorry for any confusion and I'll pass this feedback on to our Ticketing Team.

Thanks,

Dan

One thing I would like to know is, why is there a charge for cranberry juice when you are A/I? Cranberry juice is no more a carton than orange juice.:confused:

Hi Fruitfly,

The cranberry juice is supplemented as we class it as a premium fruit juice.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dave and Kental,

You're right we do have a choice of white, red and rose included in the All Inclusive. As we've mentioned this does vary from ship to ship and can depend on the local suppliers as well. Sparkling wine and wine by the bottle are supplemented.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan, I think the question referred to the fact that you had a choice of 3 red and 3 white wines as part of the house wine selection, not just red or white.

Dan, I think the question referred to the fact that you had a choice of 3 red and 3 white wines as part of the house wine selection, not just red or white.

It might not have been 3 but there was certainly more than 1 red wine available.

i see using local suppliers as a plus point as it gives each ship some flexibility in what they are offering.

hopefully they do the same thing with food so we have a fair chance of getting our hands on say an olive on a meditteranean cruise ;)

contrast this to P&O where the menus are virtually identical on all ships and i have been told the food is flown out to the ships wherever they are in the world.

Hi Grez, Dave and Kental,

Sorry for the confusion. That's what I was trying to say, there is usually two or three wines of each type that you can choose from.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Fruitfly,

The cranberry juice is supplemented as we class it as a premium fruit juice.

Thanks,

Dan

Really?? Don't you think we were intelligent enough to work that out for ourselves (the fact your drinks menu says some premium drinks will have a supplement, and the fact cranberry Juice has a supplement, then i think it is bloody obvious you class it as a premium drink)??

The question is, WHY is it classed as a premium drink, as already said, people can understand Champagne, expensive Whiskey's and the like having a supplement, but now why lower class drinks like Cranberry and cans of Coke?

I feel you are just penny pinching, and i think you are going to start p**sing off a lot of customers, some of them that have been loyal to Thomson.

I like to pre-pay as much as i can, so i know i won't have a large bill at the end, so i can relax and enjoy my holiday, but with all these little extra's like 95p for a can, extra for Cranberry Juice, it can all soon add up, so i think this could be my last Thomson cruise. Will you care? I doubt it, you will soon find other mugs to fill your cruise ships that don't realise the extra's they are going to pay when on AI, but that's big corporations for you.

For your information, Tesco sell a 1 litre of orange juice for 69p, a 1 litre of Cranberry Juice is...............69p, big difference!!

Archived