Thomson Cruises are getting onboard with you (Part 2)

We really enjoyed getting involved with Fraser's recent live Q&A session. So much so, some team members have agreed to pop in on a more regular basis to help support you. Please note this is not an extension of the recent live Q&A session. Sadly this team won't be in a position to answer the type of business related questions that Fraser did with you. If there are any questions like that and about our future plans please save them for Fraser's next Q&A event. In the meantime our team will be here to offer a little more support where they can to help make your Thomson Cruise holiday experiences that bit more special and to get you even more excited for your next cruise with us.

So to get to know our team a little better, here's a few fun facts before you meet them.

Dan is a cruise fanatic and you'll often find him scanning the newest cruise brochures looking for his next holiday. He's off to China, Thailand, Japan and Hong Kong next year to name just a few.

Lauren used to work as a photographer on a cruise ship. Her finest moment was dressing as a moose when she went to Alaska. She won't let us see the photos though!

Rhiannon decided to put herself forward for a bike ride excursion when she visited the Thomson Dream early this year, even though she hadn't been on a bike since the age of 10. It's fair to say she couldn't walk for days after the 15 mile ride. Yes 15 miles!

Sabrina's yet to try out a cruise - dry docks are about as far as she's got. Did we mention her fear of water?!

Amarita loves talking cruises but surprisingly has never been on one. She's looking for recommendations for her summer holiday next year so she'd love to hear your ideas.

We look forward to speaking to you all soon.

Hi again, i posted this on your other page but no reply so i'll pop it on here , thanks ! :):)

Hi Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon ,

Mines just a silly question really, i did get an answer on the Q&A but didnt really answer it if you know what i mean.

I would like to know about the real possibility of a cabin upgrade after booking.

I know its rare but it does happen.

Do Thomson favor the really early bookers if there are available upgrades on offer? ( My only experience is of very late bookers getting really good and free upgrades which seems very unfair. Other companies ring customers to offer free upgrades on the better cabins if lots of cheaper easier to sell cabins are left therefore rewarding early bookers etc...)

If an upgrade was available, would Thomson still offer one to anyone who has actually chosen a specific cabin already or would they just upgrade someone who has not as they feel someone who has picked a cabin would not want to be moved?

Do Thomson ever ring to offer a special deal on an upgrade, cheaper then original price etc.... and again if so would they still ring and offer if you have chosen a cabin already?

We booked our next cruise ( Dream Oct 19th 2013 ) on the first week prices were released, we have paid the extra to choose a cabin and also paid to be on deck 9 in an outside plus but after waiting and saving for eighteeen monthe it will be upseting to find someone who has only paid for inside on deck 1 for example to be given a delux or suite as actually happened on our previous cruise to a couple who had booked the day before sailing.

I know sometimes like the example above its just too late and too much hassle for such a large company to mess around with already organised cabin allocations but in the weeks or months before what is the postion ??

Thanks in advance !

Hi again, i posted this on your other page but no reply so i'll pop it on here , thanks ! :):)

Hi Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon ,

Mines just a silly question really, i did get an answer on the Q&A but didnt really answer it if you know what i mean.

I would like to know about the real possibility of a cabin upgrade after booking.

I know its rare but it does happen.

Do Thomson favor the really early bookers if there are available upgrades on offer? ( My only experience is of very late bookers getting really good and free upgrades which seems very unfair. Other companies ring customers to offer free upgrades on the better cabins if lots of cheaper easier to sell cabins are left therefore rewarding early bookers etc...)

If an upgrade was available, would Thomson still offer one to anyone who has actually chosen a specific cabin already or would they just upgrade someone who has not as they feel someone who has picked a cabin would not want to be moved?

Do Thomson ever ring to offer a special deal on an upgrade, cheaper then original price etc.... and again if so would they still ring and offer if you have chosen a cabin already?

We booked our next cruise ( Dream Oct 19th 2013 ) on the first week prices were released, we have paid the extra to choose a cabin and also paid to be on deck 9 in an outside plus but after waiting and saving for eighteeen monthe it will be upseting to find someone who has only paid for inside on deck 1 for example to be given a delux or suite as actually happened on our previous cruise to a couple who had booked the day before sailing.

I know sometimes like the example above its just too late and too much hassle for such a large company to mess around with already organised cabin allocations but in the weeks or months before what is the postion ??

Thanks in advance !

Hi Dreamgirl,

Thanks for the welcome.

We can see that Fraser’s given as much detail as possible right now.

However, keep this in mind for Fraser’s next Q&A as we may have more information then.

Thanks,

Lauren

I agree with sailaway it would be nice to know if we have booked island escape for next year that this is the ship we will be sailing on and not a replacement ship at the last minute

carolynne

Hi Carolynne,

We’ve moved your question over to this new thread as admin will be closing our first post shortly.

We’re aware that Fraser has answered this question on his recent Q&A so we’re unable to add anything else.

If you’d like to read a bit more about what we can help with, you’ll see an updated message above.

Thanks,

Rhiannon

Firstly, thank you to you all for agreeing to be involved in this forum and to answer queries from us. The Q&A was a really great way of getting direct answers about certain issues, and it's great to see that it is continuing. It definitely shows me that Thomson Cruises are very much focused on customer satisfaction, and definitely puts the company ahead of many cruise lines out there.

Now, for my question. I know a lot of people would like a clearer understanding on this issue. It was answered in the Q&A, but many thought that a definite answer wasn't given, and I was wondering if you could? There have been rumours regarding Island Escape being sold, most notably on Facebook that has said that crew have been told that the ship has been sold to Korea. Please can you confirm or deny this? I understand that you might not be able to say for sure exactly, but any information would be very much appreciated.

Hi Sailaway,

The admin team will be closing our other thread soon, so we’ve moved your post over here to answer.

This topic was covered in Fraser’s Q&A, unfortunately we’ll be unable to add much more information to this for you. If you need any more details on what the team are here to help with, just scroll above.

Thanks,

Lauren

Hi Sailaway,

The admin team will be closing our other thread soon, so we’ve moved your post over here to answer.

This topic was covered in Fraser’s Q&A, unfortunately we’ll be unable to add much more information to this for you. If you need any more details on what the team are here to help with, just scroll above.

Thanks,

Lauren

Thanks for replying Lauren. I'd guessed that there probably wouldn't have been much more you could add but I'd thought I'd give it a go. ;) Thanks anyway,

Sailaway

Hi Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon

Welcome :)

With the recent upgrades to Dream and Celebration would you be able to post some photos. We have all found snippets here there and everywhere so it would be nice to have some idea of what we can expect and im to impatient to wait for the new brochure

Also the brochure tends to show general shots, if you can the areas i would like to see are:-

Cabins also the en suite bathroom

Deck and Pools

MDR

Self Service restaurant (both on the Dream)

Bars - each one please :D

and the Theatre.....

A quick snap shot of each will do, just a teaser, to keep us excited :D

There is also something else you may be able to advise on the Transatlantic crossings out/return 2014 are longer 20 days plus, than those this season...will there be any possibility to 'jump' ship part way like this years return voyage when you could disembark when you reached the canary isles :confused: planning on doing a TA 2014 and would hate to have to go over to the dark -side:eek: AKA P & O (sorry 80's child and i love my star wars lol):D

Hi topsey,

We’ve got the most up-to-date information and photos on our Thomson blog if you’d like to take a look - http://www.thomson.co.uk/blog/2012/11/re-introducing-thomson-celebration/

To find out more about our transatlantic crossings for 2014, the brochures will be out shortly so you haven’t got too much longer to wait.

Thanks

Rhiannon

Yes so can I Grez!

I notice that once again my all inclusive questions are ignored!! :mad:

Thomson you are offering me AI at a cost of £995 for 2 adults and a child, what soft drinks will be available by the glass? Will these be poured from a bottle? Will they be branded soft drinks or cheap alternatives? Will the 95p surcharge on canned drinks still apply to caribbean cruises where reduced price drinks packages are never on offer? How can Thomson justify such high supplements on soft drinks for under 18s?

I will add that I have been an avid Thomson cruise fan but now left feeling quite let down and ripped off! I also don't think its unfair to ask these questions!!

It might well be that these people from thomson are in fact the ones who used to monitor the forum anyway. They have merlely been given permission to participate and answer as long as they don't actually say anything.

Purely a public relations exercise, one that has backfired :mad:

Yes so can I Grez!

I notice that once again my all inclusive questions are ignored!! :mad:

Thomson you are offering me AI at a cost of £995 for 2 adults and a child, what soft drinks will be available by the glass? Will these be poured from a bottle? Will they be branded soft drinks or cheap alternatives? Will the 95p surcharge on canned drinks still apply to caribbean cruises where reduced price drinks packages are never on offer? How can Thomson justify such high supplements on soft drinks for under 18s?

I will add that I have been an avid Thomson cruise fan but now left feeling quite let down and ripped off! I also don't think its unfair to ask these questions!!

I'm with Whistlerbc on this one. Although we're on a Med Cruise on the Celebration, can you please advise what soft drinks by the glass will be available and if the adults have spirits, are they going to have to pay extra for their tonic or soda or is that included in the AI package?

suddenly it has all become a pointless waste of time:mad:

these boards dont need advice on whats the food/ships/cabins are like/how formal is formal/best ports/can I wear my shorts etc...thats what we are here for!

looks like a lot of stock (cut n paste) answers (just like their customer service dept) are coming

Thomsons will just get a thread pulled if there is anything posted they dont want to see or us to see

Not very democratic on a 'so called' impartial forum imo

I can see this board becoming peppered with holes from now on

be carefull what you wish for............:mad:

Don't know why your worrying about the AI :D

TUI Travel, said, ‘All-inclusive package holidays provide great control for people who are managing their budgets carefully and who want to get their money’s worth on a luxury holiday to a well-known summer destination

But this gets me mad every time????

We are today pleased to announce the next stage of our strategic development. This roadmap for growth, built on our detailed understanding of the market and robust business models, means that we are well placed to continue to deliver long-term sustainable growth, which in turn, will drive further value for both our shareholders and our customers.’

these boards dont need advice on whats the food/ships/cabins are like/how formal is formal/best ports/can I wear my shorts etc...thats what we are here for!

looks like a lot of stock (cut n paste) answers (just like their customer service dept) are coming

Thomsons will just get a thread pulled if there is anything posted they dont want to see or us to see

First of all, have a wonderful and stress free holiday both of you. You deserve it after all the input to this forum!

Secondly, your very amusing comments will be missed while you are away and I am sure there are many forum members who are looking forward to YOUR Dream Reviews on food, entertainment, towels on sunbeds, cabin refurbishments and what is now included on AI!!

Again, have a wonderful time. :):)

Unfortunately I think you may well be right. However reading between the lines I gather that you are off on the Dream tommorrow Geomagot. Have a lovely time and perhaps on your return you will enlighten us with the answers ;)

Hi Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon

Welcome to the Thomson Cruise board could you tell me will Thomson use the Dreamliner to the Caribbean during January from Manchester.

Hi NorthWalesCouple,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

If you're looking for more details on our Dreamliner destinations, pop over to our blog for the most up to date information. You can find this here - http://dreamliner.thomson.co.uk/787destinations/#.UMMiZm8yLYM.

Thanks,

Lauren

Dan, Lauren, Sabrina, Amarita and Rhiannon .I hope you enjoy your time on this site and I look forward to reading your posts,

so a very warm welcome to you all.:)

As for Sabrina and her fear of water,she will find that the same fear can be found in any Thomson cruise ships bar on most evenings.

(not a glass of the stuff to be seen ) They tell me the AI helps a little .;):D:D

Q1/ What was up with part one and why did we need a part two before part one was off the ground :confused:

Q2/ I have noticed that if I go into my local Thomsons shop they tell me to book a ships cabin online is £39.= ,

yet online it now shows £42.= to prebook them .Are you intending to raise the price to the latter ?

Q3/ Would it be possible for you to put the Majestys Bar menu on this site ? (If possible J-Peg file would be handy .):)

Could you put the AI list for Majesty up as well please? I am assuming the Dream AI will be the same as Celebration - is that right?

I would like someone to tell me if on the new drinks menu what soft drinks will be available by the glass on the Dream in the Caribbean? And, explain to me why if charged the full price for AI there is a charge at all on canned drinks? Disgraceful rip off!! :mad:

Hi Grez and Whistlerbc,

Here's an example list of the All Inclusive drinks. There can be some changes between the ships and this should be used as a guide only.

What's included…

Draught lager/bitter

(can of 440ml Boddington's on Thomson Majesty & Thomson Spirit)

Wine by the glass

150ml

Soft drinks by the glass

Juices

Orange

Tomato

Grapefruit

Apple

Pineapple

Hot Drinks

Espresso

Americano

Cappuccino

Café Latte

Café Mocha

Café Frappe

Instant coffee

Decaffeinated coffee

Hot chocolate

Tea

Cocktails

Cocktail Of The Day

Most cocktails

Martinis

Creamy Cocktails

Frozen Cocktails

Virgin cocktails

Frozen Virgin Cocktails

Whisky/Bourbon

Cruise Choice

Johnnie Walker Red

Teacher's

J&B

Ballantines

Canadian Club

Jim Beam

Teacher's

St Remy

Bardinet Napoleon

Rum

Cruise Choice

Bacardi

Gin

Cruise Choice

Gordon's

Bombay Sapphire

Beefeater

Vodka

Cruise Choice

Smirnoff

Brandy/Cognac

Cruise Choice

Fundador

Other Spirits

Cruise Choice Tequila

Malibu

Liqueurs

Cointreau

Drambuie

Sambuca

Port/Sherry

Sandeman Ruby

Sandeman Tawny

Tio Pepe

Harvey Bristol Cream

Cockburns's Port

Dry Sack

Excluded cocktails

Champagne Cocktail

Sex On The Beach

Sea Breeze

Cosmopolitan

Bellini

Deep Blue

Jumping Jack Flash

Idyllic Isles

Bubbly Specials

Shooters

Aperitifs

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan

Thank you for the list. However it still does not clarify the soft drinks by the glass questions. Does by the glass mean you can have a can of coke opened and poured into a glass at the bar for you? Or, are you restricted to bottled drinks poured into a glass? If bottled drinks are supplied then will these by coke, sprite etc or cheaper unbranded drinks?

Q1/ What was up with part one and why did we need a part two before part one was off the ground :confused:

Q2/ I have noticed that if I go into my local Thomsons shop they tell me to book a ships cabin online is £39.= ,

yet online it now shows £42.= to prebook them .Are you intending to raise the price to the latter ?

Q3/ Would it be possible for you to put the Majestys Bar menu on this site ? (If possible J-Peg file would be handy .):)

Hi Kalos,

We moved to this thread as we wanted to clarify how we're here to help as we thought there was some confusion.

The price for pre-booking your cabin is £42, sorry that you weren't advised the most up to date information from the store.

We've included a example menu of the All Inclusive drinks package above, it does vary from ship to ship and should only be used as a guide.

Thanks,

Dan

Archived