Best cruise in years!!! The Fantasy.

mom x4,grandma x4

The Aft section deck 14 has Goofy’s mini golf. It was fun to play and often it wasn’t crowded but you must remember it is very windy out there.

Ok, now we will move up to the AFT upper decks of the ship before going to the mid ship and Forward parts windy on a ship and they do have a wall to block much of it, but not all of it. Be sure and take a close look at all the details there, it’s full of funny stuff from the first hole to the last. Be sure and top to read the instructions on the book on the wall at each hole too.

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02532.jpg

The hair is proof of the wind!! I had it cut the day before the cruise, so glad I did or it would have been a mass of tanlges. It was down to my waist!

DSC02217.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

Also the Basketball hoops are up there. Just below the Basketball court is a splash area for young kids. It’s perfect for those too old for Nemo’s reef but not comfortable to go in the pool yet. It’s Donald’s Splash Zone. Made me wish I was a kid again. I could have stayed in there all day!! It was 3 days before I saw this area. Just follow the Ducks foot prints.

The water was off when we shot these photos but when its on, there is water everywhere. Made me wish I was akid so I could play there too.

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02540.jpg

DSC02539.jpg

DSC02538.jpg

Below the Aqua Duck entrance is Nemo’s Reef. This is an awesome water play area for toddlers. Its beautiful bright colors stand out. They have a tall clear plastic enclosure around it to keep the kids in and the wind out. It’s a very large area and so easy for moms and dads to go in with their child or watch then through the plexi glass wall that surrounds it so easily. We took photos

Belo but somehow after we got home 91 of our photos didn’t download off the camera, so I don’t have them to share.

The next place you see coming down those stairs is the area is the area where they get off the Aqua Duck. We only saw a line one time on our many trips to the upper decks. Most of the time it was a 10 minute wait.

My husband went to go on it and he was told NO single riders.

When he asked why they said it wasn’t safe due to the wind. He said what wind you’re inside a tube? They said well there’s one place where its canvas and often wind comes in there and can tip over single riders.

Now my husband wasn’t mad but it didn’t make sense to him. So he asked if anyone had flipped over before and one crew member said, oh yes lots of people. Well if you tipped over people would get hurt and we all know Disney wouldn’t have a ride that was unsafe. Many of the riders had small kids who didn’t add much weight for balance. So it was like a single rider in a sense.

So he walked away thinking that it didn’t make sense.

Later he asked a different crew member and got a different story, then later a 3rd story.

Other single riders were turned away too. So I said let’s ask at guest services why singles can’t ride. I looked in every Navigator and on line and nowhere did it say double riders only.

But we went off and did other things and the 3rd day on the ship we had extra strong winds while in port. Upon returning to the ship we decided to go up on deck to sit and I looked at the Aqua Duck and there went a single rider, and in a few minutes another single rider and after 6 or 7 of them I told my husband to trot up there and ride it and I would hold his shirt and I had the camera and I would get a photo of him. I said they can’t refuse you with all those other single rider going.

So he went right up the stairs and rode it. YEAH!!!

I figured dozens of people complained at Guest Services. Then when I got to thinking about it, I think they said no single riders to keep the line down.

Many who ride double may have wanted to ride single and then the line would have been really long. So they refused single riders, which isn’t fair because many don’t have someone to ride with. I am not the kind to ride that type of ride so my husband would have to ride alone and many were in the same position. I just hope other single riders got the chance to ride like Greg did.

That just my opinion as to why they really refused single riders at first. So if you’re going to be a single rider, don’t give up on going.

DSC02242.jpg

DSC02433.jpg

He finally made it!

DSC02393.jpg

Next are The Mickey pool and then a wooden deck covered in chairs, facing the Funnel Vision movie screen, and then the Donald Duck family pool. Plus there is a large family hot tub by the windows overlooking the ocean.

DSC02330.jpg

Sorry the Mickey pool was another lost photo.

Along both sides are lots of tables and chairs, plus a beverage station on both sides. They offered free Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Hi C Fruit Punch, coffee, assorted teas and Hot Cocoa. This area is open 24 hours.

This is the only area of the ship where you notice a crowd, but it really wasn’t bad.

Forward on deck 11 is a food area that I themed so cute after the movie Cars. The Starboard side, (hope that’s the right side??) was Pizza, Burgers, Chicken strips, hot dogs Fruit, Wraps and more.

DSC02338.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

I will finish this report tomorrow. I have to get ready to go to Mickeys very Merry Christmas Party this evening.

If anyone has any questions when I am done, please feel free to ask and hopefully I can answer them.

Up next is The food courts, adult areas, theaters, hot tub with views of the ocean, excursions (awesome), and more.

Kathy

Ok, I think I have recovered from Mickeys Christmas Party this morning and will try to finish this report.

Glad you like the photos, so far. Manymore to come even with looing 91 of them some how.

On the Port side directly across from these hot foods is Ice cream. 6 to 8 dispensers were working at one time. Usually they had 3 or 4 flavors available.

Next to the ice cream place is Freeze Zones frozen treats, which is smoothies and alcoholic drinks.

DSC02479.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

I loved how bright and cheerful these areas were. Plenty of seats so you always had a good place to sit. The crew was so nice and would stop and chat with you and ask how your crusie was going and if they could do anything for you. They kept it spotless, which was no easy tast with as busy as they were.

After this on decks 11, 13 and 14 forward are adult only areas.

But every day people came through with their kids and nobody said a word to them. There were signs everywhere saying 18 and over. I think the forward elevator needed a LARGE sign as soon as you stepped out saying deck 11 Forward, 13 Forward and 14 Forward are adults only so if you have kids with you please go to decks 12 Forward to go out on deck. From there they could go down to 11 midship where its family friendly for the pools and foods. I don’t blame the kids, their parent should of told them and enforce it but instead they walked through with them most of the time.

The Cove Café is still in the adult only section and is very nice.

I love the adult Hot tub overlooking the ocean. If you look down they have a clear bottom so you can look down to the ocean while your in it. There are also 2 small viewing windows in the floor by chairs alongside the hot tub so you can look down to the water without being in the hot tub. I never got in the family hot tub so I don’t know if it had the glass bottom to it too.

Adult Hot tub

DSC02251.jpg

Excuse my husbands big feet. LOL!! This is the view through the bottom of the hot tub to the see.

DSC02254.jpg

Small viewing window in the floor near the hot tub to look down to the Ocean and life boats. Excuse my old tennis shoe. I didnt know i got it in the shot.

DSC02253.jpg

Also on deck 11 is an adult pool. One end has a cooling mist and you can walk up to the bar while in it. The middle I deeper for swimming a bit and the other end is shallow where you can sit and visit with people. It’s long and skinny but it was never crowded so plenty of room for everyone.

I never saw more than 3 people in it at one time.:confused:

It's a beautiful area.

DSC02124.jpg

From deck 11 there are stairs to go up to deck 12 which is family friendly in one area there. There is a small wading pool for kid and a stage where singers perform often throughout the cruise. It was a nice quiet area to sit and listen to the music.

I only saw 3 or 4 families by this pool the entire trip.

DSC02125.jpg

We did enjoy the live music there a few times.

From there you can go up more stairs to deck 13. This is adult only. There is a bar at the top of the stairs and lots of tables and chairs on both sides of the bar. Around the very front of the ship there is a place to stand up front for watching us pull out or just to stare at the sea. Then they have a plexi glass wall to block wind and a roof over your head to block the sun with lot of loungers to relax on.

This is where the Satellite pool is located. You sit in the center of it and every so often water comes down from the top so it’s like you’re sitting behind a water fall. If it’s very windy they don’t turn it on because the water would be blown all over the deck.

DSC02248.jpg

DSC02249.jpg

There is also an enclosed area there for Concierge people to go to. I don’t know what it is like because only Concierge people are allowed in.

That’s pretty much the upper decks. Deck 4 is still the jogging deck with shuffle board. This ship you can’t see the mechanical areas Forward and Aft because they enclosed them. The jogging path is wider so runners can easily get around walkers, which is nice.

Once evening we ran into Miss Daisy Duck waddling around out there.

DSC02402.jpg

I started noticing for Character meets or dance parties in the Atrium the Characters often walked up the outer deck 4 to a door to enter mid ship for the meet. So if you’re sitting out there a few minutes ahead of time they will give you a quick photo or high 4 before entering the atrium area. No lines out there!

If you’ve been on a cruise ship before you know how narrow the halls are and between tables, those with strollers, wheel chairs, ECV’s can have a lot of trouble getting around. Not on this ship. I walked between tables with strollers and went across from wheel chairs many times and we all fit just great.

Now speaking of more room, anybody reading this who has been to the Pirate party knows how crowded it can be. Well not on this ship. Since they can close off 2 pools, plus the deck between them, even with more people it wasn’t crowded.

Plus they had it at 7:45 instead of 10:00 P.M. They may do this on the other ships now, I don’t know but it was so nice to have it earlier. Plus the party was totally different. Characters were on stage for 99% of the party. Lots of people dressed up as pirates in the audience. Including myself.

DSC02432.jpg

DSC02427.jpg

DSC02419.jpg

DSC02412.jpg

Look how large the party area was.

DSC02404.jpg

This is a fun drink glass they sell on Pirate night. It blinks on and off with different colors. I think with the glass, drink and tip it was about $14.00.

DSC02403-1.jpg

. Then later at 10:00 P.M. they had another short skit starring Captain Jack Sparrow and some pirates. It was only 10 to 15 minutes long. Then they shot off the fireworks. Which were great, as usual.

Followed by a nice buffet in Cabanas instead of on the open deck which was much better organized.

Sorry no photos of this since my flash was off, and I didn’t know it until it was too late. My husband is the one who usually takes the photos .He wasn’t with me for the fireworks.

My only tip for pirate night goes to the ladies.

My pirate outfit has a skirt. NOT a good idea with the wind on the ship, even on the lower deck.

I saw so many ladies holding their skirts. We were on deck 12 to get better photos and my husband had to stand tight against me, and I was leaning on the railing to help hold me steady and to keep my loose fitting skirt from blowing over my head!! LOL!!

He held the camera around me to take the above photos but had to use the railing to help steady the camera it was so windy. Walking back from deck 12 I looked like I had one too many Bahama Mama's!!

Here are the shops on board. They are deck 3 Midship heading forward.

DSC02161.jpg

DSC02166.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

They lead to the WD Theater.

The Walt Disney Theater is enormous!! It was 2 levels which are needed. You can’t take photos during the shows but here are a couple before the show started. Oh yes, look for the hidden Mickey’s in there. I found over 20 of them in there right from my seat. All the shows were fantastic!

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

This ship had wreaths and garlands and trees everywhere on the ship, not just in the atrium like the Wonder and Magic had. It was amazing they decorated every little place they could fins.

I guess ports are next on my list. We are been to all these ports a few times before, but we found 2 new excursions to try.

In Grand Cayman we just walked around some shops and returned to the ship. We didn’t see anything we really wanted to do there.

In Cozumel we did the Adventure Park excursion. This one has 4 towers in a square shape that you can climb like a rock climbing wall, and repel down a 60 foot tower and they had several zip lines at different heights. There was a rope bridge where you step in one loop at a time to get across and a wooden rickety bridge with no place to hold on and a few slates were missing from the bridge. Of course you’re tethered from above so you can’t fall but it feels like you’re going to fall.

Some in our group were disappointed because they thought it was going to be long zip lines from the tree tops like other islands have. But since we didn’t have any real expectations we thought it was great. If you just want to try something like this but don’t want to be 100 feet high then this is a good excursion to try to see if you like it before trying the big stuff. I kept my feet on the ground because heights scare me but Greg loved. I took some pictures. You can do it as many times as you want during a 3 hour tour. They have men at every corner to help and instruct you. Plus there is a snorkeling beach there, but the water was very choppy so nobody wanted to snorkel. We each received a ticket for a free pop at the bar when we were done.

Everyone but us left right away. We stayed and order some chips and salsa and enjoyed the view. They also had a nice large pool there for you to swim in if you wanted to. The guides were great and very helpful. A taxi ride back to the ship was also included in the price of the excursion.

DSC02351-1.jpg

Entrance to the towers. Its like climbing up a light house stairs. You can get winded before you even get started.

DSC02345.jpg

DSC02368.jpg

Archived