Double Deposits

tgmtgm

When did Carnival start charging solo passengers double deposits? Haven't sailed on Carnival in over six years, and was taken aback by having to dish out $500 for a six day cruise on the Breeze next May.

Tony

When did Carnival start charging solo passengers double deposits? Haven't sailed on Carnival in over six years, and was taken aback by having to dish out $500 for a six day cruise on the Breeze next May.

Tony

My guess would be because you as a single will pay the double rate

Tony

Back in August 30, 2012 they changed it.

https://www.goccl.com/content/form-policy/documents/SingleOccupancyDeposit_FAQ.pdf

Thanks for the link. I'm using a previous ES deposit that I had from the Breeze transatlantic I had to cancel, or else I would have taken my business elsewhere. Carnival obviously no longer values solo guests.

Tony

Thanks for the link. I'm using a previous ES deposit that I had from the Breeze transatlantic I had to cancel, or else I would have taken my business elsewhere. Carnival obviously no longer values solo guests.

Tony

So true. The writing on the wall was when they changed the 1A solo supplement to 200%.

Sorry you had to cancel the Breeze TA -it was a wonderful cruise.

So true. The writing on the wall was when they changed the 1A solo supplement to 200%.

Sorry you had to cancel the Breeze TA -it was a wonderful cruise.

Hi Maryann!

I'm glad to hear the cruise was a success. I was bummed about not joining you all, but I still managed to take a 7 day southern caribbean cruise on the CB near the same time frame. That helped ease the disappointment(Lol).

Honestly, I was surprised that Carnival now makes us solos pay double the deposit amount. I don't think any other cruise line does.(?) I'm looking forward to experiencing the Breeze in May, and enjoying what you did for 15 days last month. ;)

Tony

I think they changed the policy to avoid strategic booking with one pax and adding in a second pax later - kinda sucks for the real solo traveler, though. There's another thread going right now by one of those strategic bookers who apparently forgot to add in her second passenger in her cabins and now is mad at CCL for charging $100 more than on the date she originally booked to add in the other pax.

Those who work the system tend to make it rough for everyone else.

Archived