Favorite Shore Excursions

soccergang

We have been to Alaska 3 times, and heading back. Just curious what people think the best shore excursion they did was. We've enjoyed the White Pass railroad, the "Deadliest Catch" excursion, flight-seeing, and whale watching. We are also going to Denali, Talkeetna and Copper River. Any advice would be great.

For me, repeatively it's about flights and boat tours. Always different.

Have you been mainland Alaska on your trips? There are other areas to also add.

Do you have a car? Could make a difference for what could be recommended.

Th car/train trip into the Yukon from Skagway is very nice. I also love the all day Tracy Arm excursion from Juneau with Adventure Bound. I've done it three times and book any time my port schedule permits.

I was on an Alaskan cruise in 2005, and since I'll be going again this July, I'll be following this post closely.

That 2005 cruise was my first cruise PERIOD so it was a thrill just being on the ship and walking around in the port cities. The only excursion I did was the White Pass Railroad in Skagway. It was great, and I plan to do it again this next summer.

I'm curious to find out what folks feel is the best "nature" excursion (scenery, wildlife) while at port in Ketchican and Juneau.

I was on an Alaskan cruise in 2005, and since I'll be going again this July, I'll be following this post closely.

That 2005 cruise was my first cruise PERIOD so it was a thrill just being on the ship and walking around in the port cities. The only excursion I did was the White Pass Railroad in Skagway. It was great, and I plan to do it again this next summer.

I'm curious to find out what folks feel is the best "nature" excursion (scenery, wildlife) while at port in Ketchican and Juneau.

humpbacks are seen on 100% of the Juneau whale watches. July through approx, mid Sept, has excellent bear viewing opportunities, via fly ins out of Ketchikan. Scenery highlight is a Misty Fiord flight.

Archived