Have I been under a rock - or has Princess booking site just changed

Hi - went onto the Princess site this morning to do a mock booking on a couple of cruises we are interested in and it appears that the booking site has changed considerably. You can see the sold cabins as well - this is a bonus if you are trying to work out how sold out a cruise is.

How do you find the one's that have been booked? Needless to say, as I was reading this thread - I tried yo get onto Princess cruise line and couldn't - I know you can see what cabins are available when you make a booking in a specific class - but how do you tell what has and hasn't been sold?

Hi Dizzy - as you go through the process of booking you select what cabin type you want (this is illustrated by a picture of the ship, show location and cost of cabins) Once you select a cabin the picture shows you which ones are booked (they have "sold" written across the cabin). It would be a bit of a process to work out. This is definitely new as there is also a thread regarding this on the Princess board.

Thanks for that - I do keep messing on the Princes Board - (we already have our cruise booked - but still like to mess around) I will try it again when I get home from work.

Thanks for that. I certainly haven't noticed (sold) on the cabins - must be newish - like the last couple of days?

I have just had a look t the new layout. Interesting! Especially when looking for accessible only cabins - it shows all the 'normal' cabins as sold!!! Work that out!

And if you 'un check' the 'need accessible' cabin, it hides all the accessible cabins as sold!

If you are having problems with error messages try clearing your cache and logging in to the site.

I've accessed it on a Mac through safari and Firefox and on a PC using IE, Firefox and safari.

Maybe the accessible cabin blocking and unblocking will stop people who don't need them booking them by mistake.

It's much easier to find the right cabin in the right spot and you have access to all available cabins in your category instead of the 6 they used to give you.

I am also having trouble viewing the site... even tried clearing the cache with no result... keep coming up with page not found

Am wondering if it is an overload, as sometimes I can view, sometimes I get the error message. Maybe lots of people are checking the new booking section out. Just a thought:)

I have just had a look t the new layout. Interesting! Especially when looking for accessible only cabins - it shows all the 'normal' cabins as sold!!! Work that out!

And if you 'un check' the 'need accessible' cabin, it hides all the accessible cabins as sold!

I think it shows all cabins not in the category you've selected as "Sold", even if they are not. This is probably to stop you selecting one that is in the wrong category. For example, I searched on 4 berth cabins, and then again on 2 berth. All the 2 berth showed as sold in the 4 berth search, but not sold in the 2 berth search.

In your example, you requested accessible cabins, so to prevent you selecting a non-accessible one, they were marked as sold.

That's my understanding of the changes anyway, which I quite like. I especially liked that the Mediterranean cruise we are planning on booking is now $400 cheaper, and also includes $100 OBC! :D

Archived