Alcohol pickup

referee

We just got back from a cruise on the Jewel. We purchased five bottles of alcohol from the ship store, and was told we were to pick them up on the last morning between 630 am & 900 am. this new policy if it's part of cost cutting is ridiculous. The staff was confused and the line was very long. This system makes it impossible to pack anything in your luggage. Please Royal, go back to your old system.

We just got back from a cruise on the Jewel. We purchased five bottles of alcohol from the ship store, and was told we were to pick them up on the last morning between 630 am & 900 am. this new policy if it's part of cost cutting is ridiculous. The staff was confused and the line was very long. This system makes it impossible to pack anything in your luggage. Please Royal, go back to your old system.

I'm not exactly sure how that could be part of cost cutting. Perhaps they were just short staffed on your cruise.

Just returned from the Oasis yesterday. Bought 2 litres on Friday at 9AM. They were packaged in a box for me and I brought them right back to the cabin.

• 2 months later...

Anyone off the Allure recently? Do they deliver your alcohol purchases to your stateroom the last night before departure? This is the way it was on all our prior RCI cruises before, except on the Voyager last March. We had to pick it up the morning of departure, and it was a real fiasco with the long lines and separate lines for alcohol bought on the ship and that bought off the ship.

Just debating if it is worth the hassle to bring any home this time.

Anyone off the Allure recently? Do they deliver your alcohol purchases to your stateroom the last night before departure? This is the way it was on all our prior RCI cruises before, except on the Voyager last March. We had to pick it up the morning of departure, and it was a real fiasco with the long lines and separate lines for alcohol bought on the ship and that bought off the ship.

Just debating if it is worth the hassle to bring any home this time.

The Monarch requires you to pick it up in the morning before leaving; it sails 3-day/4-day itineraries.

Our experience is that all of the ships that sail longer itineraries (we've been on almost all the ships) have delivered it to our cabin the previous evening. (Including Allure in December).

The Monarch requires you to pick it up in the morning before leaving; it sails 3-day/4-day itineraries.

Yeah... And if either my friend or I had had a brain that morning that we departed Monarch, we would have remembered to pick up our flavored rum samplers to bring home. Alas, it completely slipped our mind until we were already on our way to pick up our rental car.

I hope someone got to enjoy them! :)

Archived