question

sailorwife

Our ship gets into Civitavecchia Port at 5:00AM, we are in no hurray to get off as we are going to be staying in Rome 4 or 5 days , so would 9:30-10:30 be good,

Thanks

I think, perhaps, this was supposed to be send to someone specifically? It was listed as a thread topic. -)

A month ago we had a form in our cabin asking what our debarkation plans were for Rome. You filled it in and bagge and times were arranged accordingly.

They offered a late departure for a fee. You don't have to follow that time Exactly. Oddly though this did not allow you to stay in your cabin after about 9.30 i believe. And i say oddly because they cannot clean every cabin at the same time. I know, i have been a hotel housekeeping manager. So if you pay the fee you can stay on and have access to public area, i think MDR, pool etc. i really don't see what difference it makes if you stayed on in the public areas a little later. Your baggage will still be waiting or you can do a walk off. With 90% of passengers charging off ship as soon as they can, they are quite happy if it's spread out. Never again would I do a same day/early flight. Too much stress esp international and the airports are a nightmare on disembarkation days.

Ps i belive the first passengers got off about 6.30 am in Rome.

A month ago we had a form in our cabin asking what our debarkation plans were for Rome. You filled it in and bagge and times were arranged accordingly.

They offered a late departure for a fee. You don't have to follow that time Exactly. Oddly though this did not allow you to stay in your cabin after about 9.30 i believe. And i say oddly because they cannot clean every cabin at the same time. I know, i have been a hotel housekeeping manager. So if you pay the fee you can stay on and have access to public area, i think MDR, pool etc. i really don't see what difference it makes if you stayed on in the public areas a little later. Your baggage will still be waiting or you can do a walk off. With 90% of passengers charging off ship as soon as they can, they are quite happy if it's spread out. Never again would I do a same day/early flight. Too much stress esp international and the airports are a nightmare on disembarkation days.

Ps i belive the first passengers got off about 6.30 am in Rome.

Just not to confuse, the late departure for a fee allows you to stay a little longer and use the facilities, usually its until early afternoon.

Just not to confuse, the late departure for a fee allows you to stay a little longer and use the facilities, usually its until early afternoon.

Don yes I understand that. I was just stating "don't think that there is extra cabin time" and also there is no reason they can't just stay a little later. They don't need to make any special arrangements.

Don yes I understand that. I was just stating "don't think that there is extra cabin time" and also there is no reason they can't just stay a little later. They don't need to make any special arrangements.

I know we understand this, just want to make sure the OP didn't get confused.

Archived