The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

It is open to the public, you just surrounded by the cabanas.

And the 4 of us are really looking forward to being in one of them on our Med cruise!! Going to be a great sea day, getting away from the pool area, no chair hogs, we have it from 9am to 9pm and we are looking forward to the concerts on the lawn. I think its going to be great:D

Your cabin is one of the most popular.

8252 on the Eclipse is where 8250 is on the Sihouette:

8252 on the Solstice:

35lumc3.jpg

I'm really confused by this picture. Isn't 8252 actually the cabin directly to the left of where this image says it is? i.e. the 'first' hump going left?

9314 is far enough from the overhang. No problem.

Deck 10 has overhang from above but not where 1042 is located.

1042 is on the forward "hump".

1042 has better views. Theoretically there may be more motion there. In practice it depends on the sea condition.

9314 is closer to the buffet and restaurants.

1042 is closer to the theatre, gym and front observation deck (and elevators!).

Whatever you prefer....

I wouldn't say that we have an absolute winner here, but 1042 looks nicer IMHO.

2lbjmg2.jpg

Thanks. I meant 1142 and not 1042. Does 1142 have the overhang?

This is an excellent compilation. It's helped me choose cabins on an upcoming cruise on Silhouette and helped me confirm that my choice of cabin for an upcoming cruise on Eclipse was a decent choice. Prior to this thread I was feeling overwhelmed! I want to sincerely thank you, cruisetrail. It's unfortunate that once you hit upon the design flaws many have felt the need to gang up on you and denounce your efforts. Sorry you have to deal with that, but you've helped out lots of us and I wanted to be sure to thank you. :)

Many thanks.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hello again, Cruisetrail. We just 'downgraded' our A-2 to a C-1 for an add'l fee - go figure -; but the C-1 is 2152 on the aft of Eclipse. I searched this great thread but couldn't finnd a listing for this or it's sister s/r. Might you have any info on this stateroom?

Also, I notice an open deck on 12 forward called the Spa Veranda. Do you know if there are loungers on that deck. They seem to be few and far between on this ship as you have pointed out! Can we bring our own chairs up to the Lawn?

Thanks, again, for all your help! You must be superman to have so much information stored away, and for sharing your info with all of us.

Donna

Hi Cruisetrail, you're pics are amazing. I hope you can help me; I got a great price on a guaranteed balcony on Reflection and have been allocated 6274 - can you give me any info/pics?

Many thanks for your help,

Jennybee

You probably won't see this since you've exited the thread, but I think that's a good idea rather than posting a bunch of personal slurs. If you have information or opinions that differ why not just post them rather than attacking Cruisetrail who obviously put a lot of effort into sharing his opinions (which look kind of expert to me).

Thanks Cruisetrail for all you've put into this thread. I think it's a great read and super informative.

Any ideas on room 1076 on Solstice? :D

Tom

"Expert" review? I guess "expert" is in the eye of the beholder. If you have the dual role of "engeneer" and travel professional, I'm surprised at the amount of time you have on your hands (do I smell something?) As a previous poster mentioned, why don't you provide some links to some of your other expert reviews on other ships/lines. That may lend some credibility to this mission of yours.

Shame on you for trying to pass yourself off as an expert just because you have a few photos. At the very least, you should take a step back and draw the line at providing advice to newcomers like you're some sort of authority. I've yet to see you refer anyone to the sticky on this board with feedback from people who have stayed in the S-class staterooms. People that have actually stayed in those cabins have far more qualified comments than any you can make. I feel bad for the newcomers who are worrying now about their choices based on the nonsense you're feeding them.

And with that, I too am exiting this thread. I tried to stay with it because I enjoyed the photos, but your personal bias and constant agenda have turned me off completely.

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting your pics and your thoughts.

I don't take x criticism personally and appreciate reading the opinions of others. I take those thoughts, other research and my own personal preferences into account when forming my own opinions.

A good example is liking/not liking rooms "under the overhang". Some hate them, some would prefer the shade. Some like it both ways, depending on the itinerary. For example, Rainy trip climate, balcony can be enjoyed with the protection.

Thanks again for your info.

Cruisetrail, I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus thanking you for these exceptionally thorough and valuable photos and descriptions. We're taking our first cruise ever on Reflection soon, and our TA booked us into 2117, because she said it'd be quieter. No mention of the ridiculous overhang!

Fortunately a call to Celebrity confirms that equivalent Aqua Suites are still available midship, and we can swap without rebooking.

WHEW.

Thanks again!