The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

I've been in 1606 on the Eclipse for almost a week and it is very noisy! Every time there's an exercise class or dance on the deck above, we hear all the "pounding", Have complained and Customer Service told the Recreation Director to tone it down, but truthfully there is nothing that can be done about the pounding from the band and dance floor. Never again will we travel Aqua Class on the Eclipse........at least not near this cabin.

The size of the veranda is wonderful and the overhang doesn't bother us. View is good.

Cruisetrail - I would be interested in seeing 7143 on Solstice please. We tried looking when it was in Auckland but as it was docked port side in and it was a secure area we couldn't see a thing.

7143 on the Eclipse (same as on the Solstice).

6135-6141 and 7139-7145 are Accessible with larger balconies.

I am still curious why they placed Accessible cabins (deck 6) over a smoking area.

It's not an issue at sea but in ports....:confused:

eaftrd.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

Cruisetrail, your photos and commentary are great! Any information/photo on Solstice C2 cabin no 1089? This will be my first cruise with Celebrity. I can't see any reviews on this cabin. Thanks heaps.

1089 on the Solstice.

It's two decks below the overhang that is OK.

It overlooks lifeboats but not too close. Not too bad.

Close to stairs.

Solid average - nothing major.

Don't worry.

zsuv6w.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

7143 on the Eclipse (same as on the Solstice).

6135-6141 and 7139-7145 are Accessible with larger balconies.

I am still curious why they placed Accessible cabins (deck 6) over a smoking area.

It's not an issue at sea but in ports....:confused:

eaftrd.jpg

Thank you.

I wondered why the Accessible were so far forward and not more central, but I am not personally concerned as the ships movement.

As for smoking - I guess Celebrity has to make a choice on smoking area to be the same fleet wide, so that is the way it goes. Will just go with the flow.

Hopefully I will be able to get my powerchair onto the deck! That was my main concern. The balconies are tiny compared to some on Princess. The Accessible on the Diamond deck 10 are Huge!

Cruisetrail, I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus thanking you for these exceptionally thorough and valuable photos and descriptions. We're taking our first cruise ever on Reflection soon, and our TA booked us into 2117, because she said it'd be quieter. No mention of the ridiculous overhang!

Fortunately a call to Celebrity confirms that equivalent Aqua Suites are still available midship, and we can swap without rebooking.

WHEW.

Thanks again!

Good for you!!! This is one of the best threads in Cruise Critics, I'll look at the Eclipse in a different way when we cruise on her this summer. I'm still checking Celebrity's website everyday to find a better alternative to our cabins, but if I can't, thanks to Cruisetrail I already know the pros and cons. :):)

I've been in 1606 on the Eclipse for almost a week and it is very noisy! Every time there's an exercise class or dance on the deck above, we hear all the "pounding", Have complained and Customer Service told the Recreation Director to tone it down, but truthfully there is nothing that can be done about the pounding from the band and dance floor. Never again will we travel Aqua Class on the Eclipse........at least not near this cabin.

The size of the veranda is wonderful and the overhang doesn't bother us. View is good.

Dabu, definitely take the time and fill out the S-Class cabin information sticky if you haven't done so already. Personal experiences of each stateroom are much more valuable as there is no way that one person could evaluate every single stateroom. I'm so glad that sticky is up there....that's like the best information ever. :)

Edited by islandgirlejfan

Hello again' date=' Cruisetrail. We just 'downgraded' our A-2 to a C-1 for an add'l fee - go figure -; but the C-1 is 2152 on the aft of Eclipse. I searched this great thread but couldn't finnd a listing for this or it's sister s/r. Might you have any info on this stateroom?

Also, I notice an open deck on 12 forward called the Spa Veranda. Do you know if there are loungers on that deck. They seem to be few and far between on this ship as you have pointed out! Can we bring our own chairs up to the Lawn?

Thanks, again, for all your help! You must be superman to have so much information stored away, and for sharing your info with all of us.

Donna[/quote']

Hi Donna,

Here is a set of pictures for you.

2152 on the Eclipse.

It has a wider balcony.

orpitj.jpg

Your balcony is marked with a flag.

2vmj8k8.jpg

It has a significant stern overhang (same on Sostice - Equinox, no stern overhang on Silhouette-Reflection).

ff2005.jpg

Also, I notice an open deck on 12 forward called the Spa Veranda. Do you know if there are loungers on that deck. They seem to be few and far between on this ship as you have pointed out! Can we bring our own chairs up to the Lawn?

I am not a big fan of fancy names.

An open deck on 12 forward is much more than spa veranda.

It's front observation deck.

So loungers are not supposed to be there (and there is no space for them BTW). A few chairs would be fine though.

A view from the gym:

2chbc60.jpg

There is another open front observation deck - a U-shape walkway around kids club and basketball court on deck 14.

This is a beautiful place from where you can enjoy scenic views.

There is a bit more space (a few feet more) for loungers on both sides of the basketball court.

Loungers were there.

But this is definitely not a loungers area.

A precious scenic walkway is it's primary function.

xgfitd.jpg

Can we bring our own chairs up to the Lawn?

I don't think so.

Chairs will damage the grass.

Enjoy your cruise.

Slanted Aft Balconies on both sides of the ship (Celebrity Eclipse):

n5gcg6.jpg

Celebrity Eclipse #7354

2vikv1g.jpg

2m6si7r.jpg

Note larger (deeper) balconies on deck 6:

206foty.jpg

Could you tell me what the structure off the balcony in the 1st picture of 7354 is, and on the second picture of 7354, what is the blue area below the balcony? I was able to see 7305 when we were on board the Eclipse Dec. 2012 and I liked it, so I booked 7354 because it was on the starboard side, and I thought maybe the smoking area's would be on the port side of the ship. Are there any downsides for 7354? :confused: Thanks, Elaine

Could you tell me what the structure off the balcony in the 1st picture of 7354 is, and on the second picture of 7354, what is the blue area below the balcony? I was able to see 7305 when we were on board the Eclipse Dec. 2012 and I liked it, so I booked 7354 because it was on the starboard side, and I thought maybe the smoking area's would be on the port side of the ship. Are there any downsides for 7354? :confused: Thanks, Elaine

Hi Elaine,

7354 is the same as 7305 - just the other side of the ship.

The blue area is the roof of Qsine restaurant.

Smoking areas are on the port side.

Downsides are the blue roof (not as bad as lifeboats) and a long walk from stairs.

However, as 7305 was OK for you - 7354 will be OK too.

2w3xe1g.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

Thanks Cruisetrail....Now I feel better. The balcony looks a little dark, is it? Also, do you happen to know the room dementions and the balcony demensions for 7354? Its a category 2a . This is such an interesting thread, and I didn't discover it till this evening. I still have 10 more pages to look at!! Thanks for all your work. I'm sure everyone who sees it agrees.:) Elaine

Thanks Cruisetrail....Now I feel better. The balcony looks a little dark, is it? Also, do you happen to know the room dementions and the balcony demensions for 7354? Its a category 2a . This is such an interesting thread, and I didn't discover it till this evening. I still have 10 more pages to look at!! Thanks for all your work. I'm sure everyone who sees it agrees.:) Elaine

I did not measure the cabin. It looked visibly narrower than standard (on other ships - explained in the Part 1) so that was enough for me.

The size of the cabin is standard for this class of ships.

The balcony did not seem dark to me. There will be a bit less sun there due to its position. Nothing major.

The balcony is little deeper than standard ones (for this ship).

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi, we had the similiar cabin on the Silhouette, cabin 7356 (I think the ship is longer so there's an additional cabin on the port and starboard sides). It was nice having the partially extended balcony for the extra room. Also, because of the angle of the balcony rail, it's easy to look forward in the direction the ship is headed. I didn't find it too dark, it really depends on the angle of the sun.

The cabin is a long walk from the elevators if that's a concern for you. There was also some banging from a service room door located at the end of the hall as the cabin attendants started the morning cabin cleaning.

Hi Cruisetrail.........

What a great thread, I have subscribed for future reference.

My wife and I are long time Royal cruisers and coming over to X this May, we are on an M Class ship (Infinity) and again next year.

I was wondering if you have a dedicated thread for the M class ships.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Glenn

Cruisetrail,

Genius of a thread!! Can you shed any light on the Aqua class Equinox accessible cabin 1538. Somehow I cannot seem to find any pictures of the interior of the cabin. Is it a good choice of the accessible cabins, all in that row, ie 1522, 1524 and also 1526? I am a very light sleeper. Have 1538 booked at present. I have tried searching for info and photos of the cabin to no avail. Can you help? Thank you!!!

Cruisetrail, Once again, thank you for your wealth of information! From the size of the balcony, larger than most in this class cabin, I would assume the room might also be. Perhaps we shouldn't fret over an upsell to S1 or S2 (only on stern, of course). Looks like we have lucked out here. : )

The overhang won't bother us since we are here in sunny Florida year round. In fact we tend to hide from the sun under umbrellas and hats all the time!

And thanks for reminding me of the area on 14 - I had forgotten about that space since we were on Eclipse last year for only a week.

Donna

Cruisetrail,

Genius of a thread!! Can you shed any light on the Aqua class Equinox accessible cabin 1538. Somehow I cannot seem to find any pictures of the interior of the cabin. Is it a good choice of the accessible cabins, all in that row, ie 1522, 1524 and also 1526? I am a very light sleeper. Have 1538 booked at present. I have tried searching for info and photos of the cabin to no avail. Can you help? Thank you!!!

Standard cabins on S-Class ships are slightly narrower than standard cruise ships cabins. Another drawback is minimally adequate storage space.

Major issues are related to cabins location.

In your case you'll have an accessible cabin that is 1.5 times wider than standard.

There will be plenty of space. You will like it.

Location - under spa hair salon. I don't think it's the noisiest part of spa.

There will be no lifeboats under your balcony.

The forward of the ship is more prone to motion.

Hopefully sea condition will be favorable on your cruise.

All in all your cabin is good and your balcony is spacious.

1538 on the Sihouette as an example:

2qkt44h.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail