Pre Cruise Hotel Fort Lauderdale

suizas

We stayed in the Hampton inn I highly recommend this hotel as it was very clean offered a free shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to pier and a nice free breakfast. There was a strip mall right across the street and we were able to pick up some last minute items.

Lago Mar is our Fort Lauderdale choice. It's directly on the beach and has a view of the ships as they exit the breechway. Great pool, outdoor bar, full dining room, breakfast bar, and hamburger /hotdog joint. No shuttle though. We just take a taxi.

Just back from a cruise out of FLL. We stayed at the Embassy Suites and it was great. Very convenient to airport, port and shops/restaurants, including Total Wine which is one block away. A Publix is in the same shopping center.

Although there is a shuttle to the port, it is $7.00 per person and seemed very crowded. It was actually less expensive to take a taxi and we could go when we wanted without the crush.

The pool area is beautiful. The manager's reception was fine - very crowded on Saturday night but not crowded at all on Sunday night. The breakfast was also very good.

We usually stay at Hyatt House ( formally Hyatt Summerfield suites) in Dania.

Airport Shuttle, Breakfast, and near a shopping area if you don't mind walking across a 4 lane highway. During the week they shuttle you to anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel, and on weeknights they have a light meal in the evening with drinks. It is a very nice and clean hotel. There is a shuttle to the port for $14, but we usually take a taxi. I book this on price line.

The last time we flew into Fort Lauderdale on "cruise eve" I chose a hotel that I was not impressed with at the least. I will be cruising Feb 24th and am looking for a nice hotel/motel (does not have to be fancy by any means) that would provide us (me and my 76 year old mother) transportation from the airport to the hotel, and then to the Pier the next morning.

Any suggestions? My last selection was so gross I wouldn't let the kids walk with barefeet on the carpet!!

Thank you!

We've always stayed the the LA Quinta Hollywood.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?propId=985

Free shuttle from the airport and I think they charge $5 to take you to the port. The hotel is within walking distance of a large strip mall with lots of places to eat and a KMart for those last minute pick ups.

We've stayed there at least 4 or 5 times. No issues.

Archived