Pre Cruise Hotel Fort Lauderdale

suizas

The last time we flew into Fort Lauderdale on "cruise eve" I chose a hotel that I was not impressed with at the least. I will be cruising Feb 24th and am looking for a nice hotel/motel (does not have to be fancy by any means) that would provide us (me and my 76 year old mother) transportation from the airport to the hotel, and then to the Pier the next morning.

Any suggestions? My last selection was so gross I wouldn't let the kids walk with barefeet on the carpet!!

Thank you!

The last time we flew into Fort Lauderdale on "cruise eve" I chose a hotel that I was not impressed with at the least. I will be cruising Feb 24th and am looking for a nice hotel/motel (does not have to be fancy by any means) that would provide us (me and my 76 year old mother) transportation from the airport to the hotel, and then to the Pier the next morning.

Any suggestions? My last selection was so gross I wouldn't let the kids walk with barefeet on the carpet!!

Thank you!

As close as the airport is to the port and the multiple hotels a taxi is just as easy as a shuttle. I have heard that some of the hotels in Dania Beach have what you are looking for. You might also want to check out this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

There is alot of hotel info on this board. It is the Florida Departures Board. Just search through the different threads there.

Thank you!

you restrict your choices when requiring these "shuttles to and from. And you do really pay for them. Just built into the cost of the night.

Thank you!

It would be helpful to know what the previous hotel was so we don't suggest it again as well as book it for ourselves!

For the proximity of FLL to Port Everglades I wouldn't make the shuttle a necessity - you're looking at about a $10 cab ride each time. Shuttle costs are definitely included in the prices of the hotels and a taxi will let you bypass the hoards of people lining up for the "free" shuttle. For about $100-125 (yes even in February) you should be able to book a hotel and pay for taxi's from the airport and to the port at what I would consider a respectable hotel. (I typically stay in Sheraton's, Hyatt, Westin etc in FLL)

Thank you!

I highly recommend this hotel. We've stayed here twice and plan to stay a third time in January.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-garden-inn-ft-lauderdale-airport-cruise-port-FLLFHGI/index.html

They have a free shuttle from the airport and offer a shuttle to the cruise port. The shuttle to the cruise port is about $12 bucks a person. But, that included post cruise transport to the airport. The driver was excellent about helping with luggage.

Last February we stay at Springhill suites airport, in Dania Beach. Very accommodating and a shopping center across the street with Kmart for forgotten items. They offered a shuttle from the airport and shuttle to the port included in the price. We paid 115.00. Just make sure you reserve your spot on cruise port shuttle when you arrive at hotel. I believe the first shuttle was 10:30.

I got the Springhill Suites Airport for 68 bucks on Hotwire for a one night stay last month. You cannot beat this.. clean room with frig, microwave, free breakfast and free transportation both from the airport and to the pier. Just be sure and sign up the night before for the shuttle to the port. We were a little late leaving for the port but left in plenty of time to get there. We were very happy with the price and service. The staff was great!

It would be helpful to know what the previous hotel was so we don't suggest it again as well as book it for ourselves!

For the proximity of FLL to Port Everglades I wouldn't make the shuttle a necessity - you're looking at about a $10 cab ride each time. Shuttle costs are definitely included in the prices of the hotels and a taxi will let you bypass the hoards of people lining up for the "free" shuttle. For about $100-125 (yes even in February) you should be able to book a hotel and pay for taxi's from the airport and to the port at what I would consider a respectable hotel. (I typically stay in Sheraton's, Hyatt, Westin etc in FLL)

it was the Comfort Inn Cruise Port South. The first word that comes to mind is "ick!". Couldn't wait to check out - on the bright side it really made to wow impression of getting on the Allure even more "wow-y!"

We stayed overnight in Ft Lauderdale, on Nov 23. Night before our Oasis cruise. I got the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd, on Hotwire, for $72+ tax. The hotel is 75 yrs old, and beautiful. Well maintained, and staff were all very cheerful and helpful. We got a very nice room, with a king bed and a river view. There is a restaurant on the premises, but lots of places to eat, or get a drink, along Las Olas, very walkable area. Quite popular. No shuttles I'm afraid. I would definately stay here again.

We just got home from our cruise and stayed last friday night at the Hilton Garden Inn. We did our own shuttle since we had 20 in our group. There are plenty of places to eat right across the street at a shopping center and the hotel's shuttle will take you there and pick you up. Very nice and clean

I've had great luck using Hotwire for our pre-cruise hotels. I got the renaissance once for $60 that was literally across the street from the entrance to Port everglades. I've also gotten the Riverside hotel which is very nice for under $75 for the the night as well. Even in high season (springtime) hotels can be had on there for around $100

a couple of rules I always use on Hotwire

1. I always book a 3 star or better (I once booked a 2 star for $29 in Orlando that was a huge bargain, but definitely not some place I'd want to stay again)

2. Use the positive guest reviews feature. I would never book anything with lower than 85% positive just to be safe.

I have used those two rules probably close to a dozen times at various places I have traveled to and never got a hotel I was displeased with.

If hotwire isn't for you. The Renaissance was very nice, the Embassy suites nearby on SE 17th street is also excellent. I really enjoyed the Riverside hotel, but it's not quite as convenient to get to the cruise port in the morning. I have also spent a few nights at the Hyatt Pier 66, I thought it was a very nice property, we had a lanai room along the canal, but I've heard the tower rooms are nice as well. There's also a newer cambria suites in Dania beach that I have heard very good things about.

The other hotels that have been mentioned I am sure are nice as well. But haven't had the opportunity to visit any of those properties.

Hope you have a great trip!

it was the Comfort Inn Cruise Port South. The first word that comes to mind is "ick!". Couldn't wait to check out - on the bright side it really made to wow impression of getting on the Allure even more "wow-y!"

Try CAMBRIA Suites cruise/air port south.

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelList?ienc=UTF-8&optional=false&chain=A&brand_segment=&areaid=85281&areatype=City&type=&latitude=26.122&longitude=-80.1435&state=FL&country=US&js=true&radius=80&map=n&placename=Fort+Lauderdale%2C+FL%2C+US&arrivalDate=12%2F22%2F12&dateFormat=mm%2Fdd%2Fyy&departureDate=12%2F23%2F12&nroom=1&nadult1=2&nchild1=0&srp=RACK&find=

I have stayed there three times and been very satisfied, both with the hotel and the shuttles. They are free/included, but you should tip the drivers.

Embassy Suites is nice. Once you get to the airport, call them. There is a shuttle available from the airport to the hotel. In the evenings, there is a (free) Managers Reception that includes beer, wine, soft drinks as well as some snacks. In the morning, there is a free cooked to order breakfast buffet that has many options.

When you book your room, you can book it as a "cruise package" that will include the shuttle to the cruise port from the hotel. You can also book the shuttle if you do not for an additional fee. We always book the shuttle for about 10:00 am; there is never a long wait. You can also get a cab.

We always stay at the Embassy. It is also very close to the shopping area, lots of places to eat, and very close to the Sun Trolly if you want to go to the beach.

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard last week. It's right on the beach (well you have to walk across the street, like most hotels in Ft.Lauderdale). We got free breakfast by booking it using the Marriott rewards program(can't remember off the top of my head their official name for it). Free transportation to the ship isn't included but you can arrange for it for a small fee with the hotel. Or just call up a taxi like we did since there were 4 of us, taking the taxi was cheaper. It is a nice hotel for the price, being next to the beach was great. And their breakfast buffet was quite good.

Embassy Suites is nice. Once you get to the airport, call them. There is a shuttle available from the airport to the hotel. In the evenings, there is a (free) Managers Reception that includes beer, wine, soft drinks as well as some snacks. In the morning, there is a free cooked to order breakfast buffet that has many options.

When you book your room, you can book it as a "cruise package" that will include the shuttle to the cruise port from the hotel. You can also book the shuttle if you do not for an additional fee. We always book the shuttle for about 10:00 am; there is never a long wait. You can also get a cab.

We always stay at the Embassy. It is also very close to the shopping area, lots of places to eat, and very close to the Sun Trolly if you want to go to the beach.

We will be staying at the embassy suites and have booked the "cruise package" ... when do you have to reserve space on the shuttle? Thanks, Jan

PS - what time is the managers reception?

We will be staying at the embassy suites and have booked the "cruise package" ... when do you have to reserve space on the shuttle? Thanks, Jan

PS - what time is the managers reception?

I stayed there on the cruise & transfer package last month before my cruise on the Allure. The manager's reception was 5:30pm to 7:30pm. When I checked in, the front desk person advised me to go over to the concierge desk to pick up my transfer tickets at that time, as it would be pretty busy the next morning if I waited. We didn't have to reserve space on the shuttle. All we did on Sunday morning when we were ready to go was to go downstairs & there was an employee with a clipboard that directed us to one of the shuttles that was going to the port. They usually have about 3 or 4 shuttles ready to go at any time on the morning of the cruise.

I stayed there on the cruise & transfer package last month before my cruise on the Allure. The manager's reception was 5:30pm to 7:30pm. When I checked in, the front desk person advised me to go over to the concierge desk to pick up my transfer tickets at that time, as it would be pretty busy the next morning if I waited. We didn't have to reserve space on the shuttle. All we did on Sunday morning when we were ready to go was to go downstairs & there was an employee with a clipboard that directed us to one of the shuttles that was going to the port. They usually have about 3 or 4 shuttles ready to go at any time on the morning of the cruise.

Thank you, I appreciate the information. Jan

Archived