beach at Chankanaab?

Golfman3436

Half of our group is doing the dolphin swim and the other half is doing a beach day(was thinking of Nachii). But now I'm thinking of just going to Chankanaab for the beach, out of convince. Plus then if the beach people get board they can snorkel or walk the gardens. And that way we are all together and can get a cab down town to shop. Anyone been there? how is it if your not doing the dolphin swim?

Chankanaab is not what is was afew years ago but ok to spend the day. Snorkeling is not great and water gets cloudy if your not there early in the morning. I really think it's due to all the sun screen used. If your not going to do the dolphin thing you'd probably be better off at somewhere like the Money Bar ( the old Dzul-Ha) Snorkeling is not bad and the drinks and the restaruant are pretty good.

The beach and snorkeling at Chank are okay, but the admission fee may discourage some. The Money Bar is a great option if your focus is snorkeling from the shore, but there's no beach (just a sandy area for sunning and relaxing).

If the other part of your group wants a beach, and doe not care about shore snorkeling, then Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, NAchi Cocom, or any of the beach clubs on that side of the island are good options.

Good luck! :)

We've done the beach clubs, Money Bar and Chankanaab. We had a large group at Chankanaab 2 years ago and felt it was the perfect option for a group with people who want to do different things, yet still stay together. The age range of our group was 15-78 and everyone had a wonderful time. The beach is quieter than some of the beach clubs will be. There is plenty of room to spread out and not feel like other people are right on top of you. There are a couple of different dining options. You can put a lounger in the sun, or relax in the shade of a palapa. The wait staff was wonderful. We never had to get up to go order anything. Some of us did the manatee encounter, which was a lot of fun. Some snorkeled and some just relaxed. The snorkeling is not the greatest, but we've done The Money Bar too and honestly it's not a lot better there.

Have fun whatever you decide.

very excited about chankanaab. You spoke of dining options, by any chance do you remember what those were? Thanks!

We didn't eat at the restaurants so I can't tell you anything about them, other than they were there. There were waiters who came to our palapas with menus and they brought the food out to us on the beach, which I much preferred over sitting in a restaurant. I had cerviche and it was very good.

• 1 month later...
We've done the beach clubs, Money Bar and Chankanaab. We had a large group at Chankanaab 2 years ago and felt it was the perfect option for a group with people who want to do different things, yet still stay together. The age range of our group was 15-78 and everyone had a wonderful time. The beach is quieter than some of the beach clubs will be. There is plenty of room to spread out and not feel like other people are right on top of you. There are a couple of different dining options. You can put a lounger in the sun, or relax in the shade of a palapa. The wait staff was wonderful. We never had to get up to go order anything. Some of us did the manatee encounter, which was a lot of fun. Some snorkeled and some just relaxed. The snorkeling is not the greatest, but we've done The Money Bar too and honestly it's not a lot better there.

Have fun whatever you decide.

Im on celeb silhouette now....to coz in the morning

How much is entrance fee??

Are there chairs with umbrellas

Asap

Thanks

Im on celeb silhouette now....to coz in the morning

How much is entrance fee??

Are there chairs with umbrellas

Asap

Thanks

There are lots of chairs with shade. I think the entrance fee is about $20 US. You may be able to find a coupon online if you have access to a printer.

very excited about chankanaab. You spoke of dining options, by any chance do you remember what those were? Thanks!

I was there last spring, and the beach area was lovelier than I remembered. There are thatched huts for shade. Inexpensive snorkeling right off the beach, and the guacamole was to die for! Expensive entrance fee was the only drawback!

Archived