Help with transportation from MCO to Cape Canaverial

gchamber

I suggest flying into Melbourne Fl which is closer than MCO. Only 25 miles from Port Canaveral. Delta and US Air services that airport. It's teeny and takes just a couple minutes to walk through. You'll come out ahead renting a car there. We do that every trip. This last time we returned to MLB on a shuttle, but it cost us a little more. You'll save money for 4 by renting. It's super easy peesy too. It's such a small airport and the cars are 20 ft from the checkin counters. And the return is right by the Radisson and will shuttle you to pier all for around $45 for a compact vehicle, where as shuttle cost us $25 pp.

http://www.mlbair.com/PassengerInformation/AirportInformation/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

we usually rent a car from mco to port canaveral - if you are 2 adults and 2 kids you may can do a large car or suv? but if 4 adults.....i would do the mini van unless you are all packing light- we turn car in in port can and they shuttle us to the ship -

i would check price for cocoa beach shuttle for 4 versus renting a one way rental car to see what the dif. is

I suggest flying into Melbourne Fl which is closer than MCO. Only 25 miles from Port Canaveral. Delta and US Air services that airport. It's teeny and takes just a couple minutes to walk through. You'll come out ahead renting a car there. We do that every trip. This last time we returned to MLB on a shuttle, but it cost us a little more. You'll save money for 4 by renting. It's super easy peesy too. It's such a small airport and the cars are 20 ft from the checkin counters. And the return is right by the Radisson and will shuttle you to pier all for around $45 for a compact vehicle, where as shuttle cost us $25 pp.

http://www.mlbair.com/PassengerInformation/AirportInformation/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

Is there a commercial shuttle from the port to MLB?

i used cocoa beach shuttle as well....and was very happy.

they were even able to accomodate me when i sort if forgot i had reserved them..(long story...we had no power for a week after Sandy and i basically forgot i reserved...until they called ME....) excellent response time, clean vehicle and nice driver...he was able to take me solo for the same price...didnt have to pick up anyone else. i would not have minded as they remembered to pick me up....:o

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

I found it cheaper and easier to rent a car from Avis. The one way charge was very affordable. It is not a bad drive from MCO (or Sanford). We did stay overnight in Cocoa Beach the night prior so it made it very convenient to be able to drive to places as well.

Their office is a few miles away and they shuttle you to the ship. When we got off, they were right there were they said they would be. I was expecting a long wait or to wait for the shuttle to fill up. Instead they took us to the office right away to pick up our car for the return and went immediately back to look for more people arriving.

There are some AWD codes if you google that can help reduce the cost. I used my corporate code from work and it did drop the price significantly.

Archived