Our Vision of the Seas dec 3, 2012 cruise was great...

wieslaw

........ How did that come about?

I do not know - the invitation was waiting in the cabin.

The gentleman was a very nice person, non pretentious, very warm personality,soft spoken, a little shy. Made us feel welcomed and at ease.

Nice......

We have been on the Vision I think 8 times, and became "friends" of sort of the late Hotel Director, we ate at his table and it was wonderful. He, unfortunately, passed away a few years back onboard (well, he was brought ashore). He was a great guy, we traded emails back and forth and he was always very welcoming. It was always nice to meet him in the Champagne bar for a drink and just chat....

We have been waiting for the Vision to return stateside and we are so looking forward to being onboard again in Jan in our favorite corner aft, 7652!!!

We also had a great time on this cruise. Fantastic ports and weather. The only downside for us, as others have mentioned, was the spotty service at the nightly event. Some nights service was excellent, one night husband asked for a red wine from 2 different servers and it never came after waiting half an hour. It seemed particularly bad if you came in later in the evening when there were servers walking around with bottles of wine to re-fill glasses but no glasses of wine for the newly arrived.

• 2 months later...
DH and I were also on her and thoroughly enjoyed our FOV cabin. We have always had a balcony so were a little apprehensive, but loved the location and space.

Having sailed the Voyager class so many times, we really enjoyed the "smaller" ship and ease of getting around.

It is easy to tell she is an "older" ship as parts are coming off in the cabin. The door to cover the frig was hanging from one hinge. When reported, the cabin steward just took off the entire door! The drapes were missing some hooks and hung at odd angles

Our wait staff in MDR was fabulous. Bruno (head waiter) Milen (waiter) and Jennifer (asst. waiter) were the best.

The only complaint is lack of staff in the Diamond lounge. After several complaints over 3 days of waiting 30 minutes plus for a glass of wine, they did bring in extra staff.

However, one of the waiters said they had not expected so many diamonds????

The ship knows how many - that is a poor excuse and a mark against RCI. It is also too much of a burden to put on 2 -3 waiters when the DL is full.

We are looking for Bruno's email address. Had it,

lost it,

NEED it.

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I do not have Bruno's email address but I do have Norman's email address.

Both of them worked in the same area of the MDR.

I am just guessing that Bruno and Norman are probably keeping track of each other , even if their contracts took them to different ships.

I could provide you with Norman's email address - it is not an official address as an employss of RCI but a private email address on hotmail.com

• 1 month later...
Nice......

We have been on the Vision I think 8 times, and became "friends" of sort of the late Hotel Director, we ate at his table and it was wonderful. He, unfortunately, passed away a few years back onboard (well, he was brought ashore). He was a great guy, we traded emails back and forth and he was always very welcoming. It was always nice to meet him in the Champagne bar for a drink and just chat....

We have been waiting for the Vision to return stateside and we are so looking forward to being onboard again in Jan in our favorite corner aft, 7652!!!

I see you have been on the Vision a few times..lol We have taken the family on Allure & Oasis but looking for a shorter trip with just the husband & myself..Looking at the 5 day Vision western loop. Have you by chance been on this loop? Can you tell me what you like about this ship? Any places to eat to enjoy the ocean views? That is the 1 thing I felt lacking with the bigger ships..Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.. :)

Archived