No steaks on Princess??

Murphey

My sister and brother-in-law just returned from a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Island. They said there was no more steak on the menu. Only the "tri tip" on the always available section. We are long time Princess cruisers and just can't believe it....Input anyone????

My sister and brother-in-law just returned from a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Island. They said there was no more steak on the menu. Only the "tri tip" on the always available section. We are long time Princess cruisers and just can't believe it....Input anyone????

on the same ship next month I hope they put it back on the menu.

did they have a different menu for each night?????

On the new menus, which were rolled out so not available on all ships, the "always available" tenderloin is no longer available. It's been replaced by a cheap cut, tri-tips, which are tough and not nearly as good. Tenderloin will not be re-added. :( I'm not much of a steak eater and don't like NY strip or tri-tips so I was very, very disappointed on my 17-day Island cruise last Sept/Oct.

Our last 17 day cruise we had ribeye one night and NY strip another night, neither were very good. The always available beef medallions were gone and the tri-tip had replaced them.

Just did 2 x Carnival cruises and flatiron steak was on the always available dinner menu. Its OK, but nothing you would want to write home about.

FYI the pay extra steakhouse which is $25 on Princess is $35 on Carnival. Did not try it but I am told its good on both lines.

I wish Princess would just add the Speciality Restaurants and drinks into the price of the cruise.It probably will never happen.

When they first started the speciality restaurants, the price was something like $3.00 and $6.00. And we rarely felt the need to go as the dining room food was pretty good.

I, also, was a fan of the medallions.. Noticed the change on our October cruise.. Spent 30+ days on Princess since then The only really tender steaks can be found in the Crown Grill (or steakhouse specialty restaurant) Steak is served in the main dining rooms on various evenings.. several cuts.. but, I honestly must say that it was hit and miss.. sometimes they were tender, other passengers complained about toughness, at the same table. I noted a large number of returns in our area of the dining rooms.. There has been a very definite change in the Beef and Lamb in just the last 6 months.

We are recently off the Island 14 night Panama Canal and were quite disappointed with the new (limited) menus. With less entree's to choose from, I thought perhaps the food quality would be improved, but that was NOT the case. There were several evenings that included a steak option (namely on the three formal nights), but the steak served was not very good. My DH did try the tri-tip one evening, and he said it was just ok. We were underwhelmed by the dining room menus repeatedly on this cruise. :(

We also just spent 14 days on the Island. We had Filet Mignon in the Bayou Steakhouse one night and it was excellent. The cover charge was 20 bucks each, so that apparently is what it costs to get a really good steak on Princess. In the dining room, they had a steak option several times, but I don't like anything but tenderloin, so didn't try the other choices. The night they had tenderloin medallions in the dining room, they were pretty good, but not great. We ate around 7:30pm, so our waiter would kind of suggest the best entree's for the evening and try to steer us away from things they were getting complaints about. Personally I thought the appetizer menu was the best, maybe next cruise I will just order double appetizers and a dessert and call it good:D

Hi All

While on the Crown, steak appeared a few nights, think Filet Mignon even showed up one night, do not know what the big steak was called but it was of a good size,, it was not cooked the way my table mate wanted, within a minute or two another was found, did not appear to be any complaints about the quality or the size of the beef, I had sea food those nights and while very tasty the offerings were a bit small, but then again with so much food around I am happy to snack during the day before going for diner.

yours Shogun

Archived