Aft Cabin Vibration

mgus1

There's a bit of vibration (we were in 1100), but not really noticable unless you're in bed (nowhere near "magic fingers" level, but you will feel it) -but then, we've felt the same level of vibration on a D7 hump cabin on that class of ship.

I am thinking of booking an aft cabin on Brilliance of the Seas. Is there much vibration from the engines? Looking at deck 7 or higher.

Thanks

We were on the Brilliance on deck 9 in an aft cabin. Loved it, fabulous balcony, wonderful view, but our cabin steward had to duct tape all our drawers closed each evening because they opened and slammed shut all night! We were not aware of heavy seas at all so it couldn't be blamed on that. Once we got the duct tape sorted it wasn't a problem:)

Sue

We had an aft cabin on Serenade earlier this year and we didn't notice any serious vibrations at all.

We did feel a little "engine action" when we were backing out or into a port... but it certainly wasn't enough to make us not want to book one of those awesome cabins again!

I say go for it!

Ann

Having had several stern cabins, I found that distant rumble rather good for sleep. Also made a real good alarm clock for me. I'd hear the engine pitch drop in my sleep and wake up, knowing port was near. Goofy, but a nice way to start the day in my book.:D

We had a corner aft on deck 7 of Jewel a year ago. There was only a slight to moderate vibration, quite pleasant. The pounding music until midnight from the colony club (on deck 6) is another matter.

On the Navigator, however, we had occasional major vibrations in 7688...the bed was hopping with "magic fingers" and the closet doors were banging. Fortunately, that only lasted for an hour or two on the last sea day.

Our experience with the aft cabins have been as others that have posted here. No more vibration than what we have felt in the dining rooms.

We LOVE aft cabins!!!

Tim

We had an aft cabin on our recent b2b on the Explorer (deck 10) and loved it. The only problem (which was really funny) was that when we bounced a little the drawers would magically open - we solved the problem by using some of our heavy duty post-it notes to keep them shut during the night :)

Pat

We had an aft cabin on Serenade earlier this year and we didn't notice any serious vibrations at all.

We did feel a little "engine action" when we were backing out or into a port... but it certainly wasn't enough to make us not want to book one of those awesome cabins again!

I say go for it!

Ann

Love that little engine action. ;)

On Deck 10 I've never felt much vibration from the engines, none in 1604 on Jewel last week. But when the seas are heavier, you will feel more movement on the stern of the ship than you will midships - that can lead to drawers opening, hangers banging into each other in the closet, the TV sliding in and out, etc.

We've added duct tape and twist ties to our packing list after a night of 10 meter seas in Norway.:eek:

I can tell you on our Voyager sailing, the only vibration felt was arriving and leaving port. Never had any problems with drawers or banging.

I will be able to give you exact information on Brilliance after next month though!!!:)

On our 3rd Costa cruise, we were upgraded from an interior room to an aft cabin with a balcony by the "Cruise Fairy". :) We thought how lucky are we! :cool: There was engine vibration, but we thought it was a wonderful "white noise" and had no problem falling asleep each night! However, every morning about 5 AM we were awakened, as they sprayed down the pool deck and scraped deck chairs into position! :eek: So, beware the "Cruise Fairy"

We did love the view as we left each port! The pics of the sunsets definitely off-set the early morning wake-up call!

9256 on the aft corner balcony is where we will be. Planning a little more deck time without leaving the room.

We're in 9256 on Jewel in six days, and probably will spend the majority of the cruise on our balcony. There's really no need to fight with pool deck crowds and chair hogs when you have your own private deck:D

Archived