Stop Avalanche of Brochures

texpeditious

Anyone that owns a computer or tablet can view the brochure on-line.

True but doubtful that Regent wants to rely solely on a pull marketing strategy.

They obviously have the metrics to support the value of the cost of printing their push marketing brochures as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Received a new (Mar 2013-May 2014)Regent Voyages brochure today and for the first time it was an insert/included in our Saturday (Jan 12th) Wall Street Journal.

Pls see pix below

003_zps1744dd76.jpg

Also, first time we noted that Regent compared eight day voyages (2013 between Regent, Silversea and Seabourn (Copenhagen to Stockholm)

Pls see:

002_zps16ca8ab4.jpg

Thanks for posting that! How interesting that Wall Street Journel readers/subscribers receive that brochure before customers! Maybe customers are complaining too much:confused: We are anxiously awaiting the Summer/Fall 2014 itineraries...... hopefully will see them next month.

• 3 weeks later...
We don't get catalogs from Regent. They are from our TA!!

Are you sure because almost everything we receive from Regent does have our TA's name and address on it but was sent from Regent??? Pretty sure that our TA would not send out brochures/catalogs to their customers.

• 5 months later...
l have decided to save all the brochures we get this year just to see how many pounds of marketing we receive. I will update you all regularly.

Were do you live (in S.R.) I'll drop ours off:D We get a few every week:p

and I did take one in the past where I was fortunate enough to get at least a Vista Suite. That got me started with Oceania.

I think I read the brochures more than the emails, although I do glance at them.

I am another one who wishes they would combine Regent benefits with Oceania, but it isn't going to happen.

I think Mr. del Rio is a great person. That was how I ran my company and it always paid off in the end.

and I did take one in the past where I was fortunate enough to get at least a Vista Suite. That got me started with Oceania.

I think I read the brochures more than the emails, although I do glance at them.

I am another one who wishes they would combine Regent benefits with Oceania, but it isn't going to happen.

I think Mr. del Rio is a great person. That was how I ran my company and it always paid off in the end.

Caroldoll, you seem to be feeling better! I'm glad .

There are many vexing things we just have to ignore and get over them!

I think that's what Dr. Drew would suggest.

In the first 6 months of 2013 I have received 5 pounds and 11 ounces of brochures. 36 in all. We received 4 of them while we were on our last two week cruise.

You can easily recycle several pounds of brochures = wish I could shed 10 pounds that easily after a cruise!

Many, many years ago, Mr.Wrigley, the chewing gum king was asked why when he had the market cornered and business was so good, that he continued to advertise day and night.

His answer was...."When an airplane is flying, you don't shut off the engine."

• 3 weeks later...

We got 2 Regent brochures and a heavy catalog in the mail today. We’ve been getting this wasteful mail for years despite several requests to my TA and many requests to our Regent account on line, to stop Regent's junk mail madness.

The several others herein this thread who have told likewise how they've tried unsuccessfully to stop Regent's junk mail infers that Regent really wants us to get their adverts regardless what we think of it and feedback bout it.

So now I’ll write the address I find in this thread to see if my 3rd attempt to stop the madness works.

This tasteless type of gorilla mail marketing akin to robocallers or mass credit card mailings, cheapens our impressions of Regent versus other more respectful cruise lines who don’t do this.

___‹~›__‹(•¿•)›__‹~›___

It is not just Regent. We get them from all lines we have sailed. It really is a waste. We all can go to the lines website and narrow down what we want and then call out TA.

Regarding premium small ship cruise lines, our experience disagrees with you.

Regent sends dozens of brochures, flyers and catalogs versus other lines...far more junk mail madness than any line we've ever seen.

We've cruised other lines. They respected and honored our first request to opt out of their mailings. The mailings stopped.

Regent ignored our multiple and our TA's requests to stop their mailing madness. That can't be an accident as others have posted herein the same experience of such gorilla marketing...carpet bombing our mail with Regent Sale, Hurry Before Fares Rise, Last Chance At Low Fares, New Itineraries...

Cruise lines including Regent, publish monthly or quarterly magazines with related travel articles actually worth reading... again, they give us the choice to opt out receiving them if we choose. Same for on-line notices, sale info, newsletters. All have opt out devices that are obvious and effective, but for Regent's.

The nearly weekly and sometimes multi-weekly Regent flyers screaming 'New Low Price' and 'Sale Ending Soon' hype is too much. It's a shameful waste and we don't want it. This used car sales approach cheapens Regent's image for us.

There's an old salesman's saying: "Ya can't sell secrets."

I understand marketing and the need to advertise...I really get it. I believe Regent marketing goes too far and crosses the line of good taste I'd expect from a premium cruise line.

I found this thread and link to Regent's person who claims writing him will stop this. I've done so. He responded kindly and apologized for the "annoyance" (his words).

I'm taking this man on his word that this Regent mailing madness stops.

___‹~›__‹(•¿•)›__‹~›___

Regent keeps sending me all these brochures as well as Crystal, Silversea and others. I have tried to stop them. We only need one Atlas from all the lines to decide what trip we want. We are all inundated with junk mail. It really is crazy.

So called "junk mail" helps to keep our postal service delivering to us six days a week!

It isn't a burden to recycle mail I don't want - no BIG deal!

Now if it was all denim that might be a problem!

So called "junk mail" helps to keep our postal service delivering to us six days a week!

Regent is keeping the USPS afloat.

Whew...I knew there was an 'splanation for what we believe are Regent's overpriced cabins.

___‹~›__‹(•¿•)›__‹~›___

• 4 months later...

I was reminded of this thread today when I emptied my mailbox that was full of holiday season junk mail including several Regent brochures.

Six months ago, I followed the advice in this thread & emailed FDR to request that I be removed from the mailing list. (After two failed attempts to stop it by emailing Regent.)

The good news is that he responded almost immediately & indicated he would take care of it. That seems an expensive way to administer mailing lists, but I was impressed.

The bad news is that 6 months later, I continue to receive massive amounts of mail from Regent & in addition, have started receiving mail from Oceania.

Our recycling bin is my first stop after getting my mail & that’s where the Regent brochures are deposited without inspection. It is annoying that some of the Regent brochures come wrapped in cellophane that I must remove by hand before putting them in the bin.

I sailed Regent once & don’t intend to again. It wasn’t a good fit for us & I posted my comments in this forum. Maybe this is Regent’s way of getting even? Or, maybe all-inclusive includes “free,” lifetime marketing brochures.

ps I have sailed extensively with Seabourn & Lindblad & receive a minimal amount of marketing material from them, so I think Regent is taking it to a different level.