Download "Celebrity Today" daily news Reflection 7-night E Carib 15 Dec 2012

Artemis

We are just off Reflection's December 15 7-night Eastern Caribbean voyage. There's so much to rave about, I don't know where to start!

But while I think about that (and start the laundry!), I will scan my collection of the "Celebrity Today" daily news and a few other things.

Here we go!

Day 1 - Saturday - Embarkation in Miami

Day 2 - Sunday - At Sea / Formal Night

Day1_Saturday_CelebrityToday_Reflection_7nightECarib_15Dec12.pdf

Day2_Sunday_CelebrityToday_Reflection_7nightECarib_15Dec12.pdf

Here are a few miscellaneous items:

• Officer pictures and bios (with useful information about Reflection on back)
  • Letter to Elite guests with schedule of week's events and activities (no individual invitations issued)
  • Fitness Class schedule for the week
  • In-cabin liquor menu with prices
  • Laundry list with prices

ReflectionVIPs_useful_info.pdf

Reflection_Elite_Letter.pdf

Reflection_Fitness_Class_Schedule.pdf

Reflection_cabin_liquor_menu.pdf

Reflection_laundry_order.pdf

That's all for Reflection downloads!

Next, I will add info about and photos of our cabins (balconies 8224 and 6108) to the stickied S-Class cabin thread here (which has been transformed into a downloadable spreadsheet that is so helpful when choosing your stateroom--thank you, CC'er Sandi, for creating and maintaining the spreadsheet!).

Last, I will write some kind of review.... But for now, laundry calls!

Thanks for letting me pay it forward. I am a smarter and savvier cruiser because I learn so much from all of you!

Thanks for the dailies scans! We sail mid February and these are a real help getting motivated for the trip.

I see Paul Baya was the CD. We've sailed twice with him before, and I can't say I'm a fan, so maybe the third time will be the charm (or maybe he'll be off board by then). Do you recall who the ACD was?

Happiness, I don't recall any spa specials being advertised! And I've read CC discussions to the effect they don't feel the need to do so.... But I'm not a good one to ask. I went in the AM of the second formal night to see if they'd iron my hair (I was looking like Bozo with the humidity). They did it for $25 (less my Elite coupon discount = $20 plus auto-added 15% grat).

austinnow, are you from Austin?! We are. :)

rigldbrg, in another thread, someone reported a female CD is coming on in January, so Paul may be a holiday season filler? We were actually impressed with Paul. We thought he was visible, upbeat and professional, as well as talented. He spontaneously sang and played piano a few times throughout the cruise; in the closing show, he sang a moving duet (with a female singer) called "The Prayer," an Italian song they've tied to the oft-mentioned breast cancer support theme based on Reflection's godmothers (4 of them).

in another thread, someone reported a female CD is coming on in January, so Paul may be a holiday season filler? We were actually impressed with Paul. We thought he was visible, upbeat and professional, as well as talented. He spontaneously sang and played piano a few times throughout the cruise; in the closing show, he sang a moving duet (with a female singer) called "The Prayer," an Italian song they've tied to the oft-mentioned breast cancer support theme based on Reflection's godmothers (4 of them).

Hi Artemis,

We also thought Paul Baya was outstanding. We haven't sailed with him in a while... though he's very friendly, personable, always energetic, and a fine singer as well. I wish Paul or Sue Denning was onboard our last Eclipse sailing. We thought the CD (who is no longer onboard) was fair at best. Perhaps he was having a bad sailing... but he seemed very disengaged, and not visible at all.

I've read a couple of reports that Sue Denning (who just left Constellation) was headed to Reflection, though I believe another member reported she's headed to Equinox, so it will be interesting to see where her next assignment will be. Sue is an incredible Cruise Director, and one of Celebrity's very best !

rigldbrg, in another thread, someone reported a female CD is coming on in January, so Paul may be a holiday season filler? We were actually impressed with Paul. We thought he was visible, upbeat and professional, as well as talented. He spontaneously sang and played piano a few times throughout the cruise; in the closing show, he sang a moving duet (with a female singer) called "The Prayer," an Italian song they've tied to the oft-mentioned breast cancer support theme based on Reflection's godmothers (4 of them).

Paul is extremely talented and he does a great Mustang Sally rendition at 60's night. My wife and I both enjoyed his musical performances very much. However, both times that we've sailed with him he came off as a bit phony and insincere. Just kind of going through the motions. This wouldn't bother most people and it won't bother me if he's the CD on our sailing, but I'd also be happy to experience someone else.

yes, thanks again Artemis. Really helpful in planning specialty reservations, etc. I am pleased to see that many nights there are shows at 10:45 or even after 11!

You mentioned an Elite discount for salon services - was that in the sheet of coupons you received?

did you go to any of the lunches in the specialty restaurants?

Thanks to all for your kind comments. And a big wave to biguntx--it's a gorgeous Christmas Eve here in Austin, isn't it?

librarylady19, it was your incomparable contribution of the S-Class cabin spreadsheet--thanks--that inspired me to give back by posting the Celebrity Todays you had been looking for. :) I predict you are going to love Reflection!

(1) Specialty restaurants & late night activities -- We didn't do any special restaurants at lunch, not even Bistro on Five or The Porch. (We meant to, but the week got away from us...for one thing, we were blown away by the buffet quality and variety, e.g., the Indian curry bar offerings changed daily and called my name several times!) We had pre-booked our dinner at Lawn Club Grill; while on board, we added Qsine and Tuscan Grille. There is so much buzz over LCG and Q, I would strongly recommend pre-booking to avoid the risk of disappointment. (And if you end up with a scheduling conflict, it should be relatively easy to resolve once on board if you address it as soon in the cruise week as possible.) Please do allow 3 hours for specialty dining. I wish I had taken that into consideration when we capped our fabulous week with a "last supper" at Qsine...the meal was exceptional in every way, but we did end up missing two late-night events we would have enjoyed, a cabaret-style performance by one of the lead female vocalists and the Wonderland interactive theme party. While there were several late night shows and activities offered over the course of the week, it was pretty quiet around Reflection when the clock struck midnight--ours was definitely not a party crowd! But in my experience, the late night vibe always varies from voyage to voyage depending on demographics...so you could find things much more lively on your Reflection cruise!

(2) Zumba, spa/fitness center & Elite coupons-- Yes, among the Elite coupons was one for 20% off any spa service. The other spa coupon that I recall was for 2 free hours in the Persian Gardens on a port day--I meant to do that, but like special lunches, time got away or something :confused: ... it would obviously be perfect for the day with a late PM arrival in San Juan (if you're sailing that itinerary). I can't remember if there were any other spa coupons, but closely related, there was a coupon for one free fitness class. I wasn't really interested in any of the classes, but I went to the gym every day (it is well-equipped with the usual assortment of machines and weights, the frig stocked with ice cold towels is a nice touch), and I love the fact that there is a (free) dry sauna in the ladies' restroom/changing area (located in the spa). A lot of CC'ers ask about Zumba...yes, there was poolside Zumba twice daily!