Better check your aft cabin on the Royal!

Sox Fan Cruiser

This is being discussed in another thread but title not clear.

We signed up for an aft cabin on the Royal in November as soon as the cruises when on sale.

Without any notice from Princess they moved our cabin. I guess they are creating some suites by taking two standard cabins.

We still have an aft cabin but it's next to the dreaded vent. I hope they have fixed that problem on the Royal! But other folks were moved to the side of the ship.

If you have an aft cabin on the Royal, you better check your cruise personalizer to see if you still have it.

I guess Princess is currently putting together a notification to send to those affected.

Short summary: The two outermost D4 aft balcony cabins on decks Marina down to Emerald (14 cabins total) are being reconfigured into the adjacent suites that were to the outboard side of these balcony cabins. The suites are taking over the former balcony cabin numbers, and the balconies are taking over the side facing portion of the old suites along with the old suite cabin number. What was six aft facing D4 cabins on each deck is now four aft and two side facing. The change has happened on all Royal sailings, some people have been notified by email, most not, but you can see it in your Personalizer. There are very few options for the displaced balcony bookings, some have been moved into the remaining inboard aft D4 rooms on different decks, some have been 'upgraded' into mini-suites, and some are listed as just GTY D4 bookings with no cabin assigned.

I talked to my TA today. He got notification of my upgrade on Fri but without any explanation as to why. He called Princess today and didn't get more info other than that several aft balconies were dropped from inventory. We were one of the lucky ones to get the MA category mini suite upgrade.

• 5 weeks later...
This is being discussed in another thread but title not clear.

We signed up for an aft cabin on the Royal in November as soon as the cruises when on sale.

Without any notice from Princess they moved our cabin. I guess they are creating some suites by taking two standard cabins.

We still have an aft cabin but it's next to the dreaded vent. I hope they have fixed that problem on the Royal! But other folks were moved to the side of the ship.

If you have an aft cabin on the Royal, you better check your cruise personalizer to see if you still have it.

I guess Princess is currently putting together a notification to send to those affected.

Where is the vent?

Archived