brazilian visa through oceania

boshny5

to Decided to go with o's $299 visa. Horrid mistake. Never realized I'd be doing all the work and paying to send CIBT the information. Thought I would just have to send them the passport. Didn't receive the CIBT kit until Dec. 18th for our south american cruise leaving march 6th 2013. Live in florida, and sent out all material they asked for. Cost $22 because I wanted to make sure they receive it before the holiday. Sent out the 19th. Received call saying they received it. Today, received another phone call from CIBT stating more info, needed. A copy of Air itinerary, besides the ship itinerary that was sent. A copy of credit card bill showing how much money I have available to me, or 3 months of bank account. Also, a letter explaining that I woud like a tourist visa explaining that I'm coming in for the great sights, food etc. Also, after all these extra things are sent in they hope that visa can be returned by feb. 15th. All this because I live in Florida and thats where they process my visa in Miami. If I gave my other address in N.J. I would just have to send them a copy of a bill sent to me. Then my visa would be processed in N.Y. and that's a whole different ball game. Also it only takes 15 days from there. I didn't know anything about this,O never sent my TA a different form that I know of. Now I'm down to the wire and hope my visa and passport arrive before I leave for the north on March 1st. Just a warning to anyone in florida that's waiting to apply for Visa or is waiting to hear from CIBT. about Brazilian Visa. Wonder what O did for that amount of money? Nothing. Disgruntled passenger. By the way, it cost me another $4 to fax the rest of this stuff to them. It also didn't matter that these questions were answered on the question form.

Checking CC before you proceeded with the visa order would have saved you some headaches fo sure. ;)

Or checking the CIBT site also would have saved you headaches.

All of the documents you stated that you needed to supply "extra" are covered in their on line instructions (letter explaining reason, a copy of your air ticket and proof of sufficient funds)

Have used them in the past with no troubles. CIBT charges $99 for their service to Florida residents -- that plus the $160 consular fee means Oceania is not getting rich on you!

Just a caution to others. You can ALWAYS do it cheaper than Oceania -- if the VISA requires you applying in advance (that means India, Brazil etc.). Other times when Oceania does it on board for you it certainly is not worth the hassle to send out to embassies in advance.

We went through O for our Brazil Visa for Feb 22 nd cruise.

We live on long island and it was a hassel to go to the city, park and go to the embassy. They are only open 3 hrs a day for visas.

We sent our aplication out 4 days before TS Sandy struck but got them back within 3 weeks. If you follow there aplication on line its really done well.

Very Happy

We've seen many threads on Brazilian visas. The requirements are as they are, the assumption that just paying for them was all you needed to do was wrong. For others thinking about letting O do the processing, just do it yourselves.

NB

The procedure for Brazilian visas varies from consulate to consulate.

For example, in SF you need an appointment just to submit your visa application and there aren't that many appointments each day.

Better plan way ahead if you are applying yourself in SF.

We've seen many threads on Brazilian visas. The requirements are as they are, the assumption that just paying for them was all you needed to do was wrong. For others thinking about letting O do the processing, just do it yourselves.

so RIGHT ON!!! LP

Archived