I Never Fail to Pack a Cami.....

sail7seas

Royal Caribbean doesn't put slippers in the cabin for less than a Grand Suite. WE are Diamond Plus on Royal and don't even get slippers for that. Even Celebrity doesn't even put slippers in a Concierge Class cabin. I don't know what level on Celebrity earns a pair of slippers.

You receive slippers on Celebrity in Aqua Class cabins and suites.

What do you wear under blazers, suit jackets, chiffon or lightweight tops that are see through? :confused: Do you have any tops that are cut too low a vee so need something for modesty? I'm not by any means being critical but trying to imagine what garments I haven't thought of or heard of that might work for me and others.

Thanks. :)

Maybe it's a "word" issue. I don't wear camisoles, but microfiber tanks that serve the same purpose. They have a wider strap that is not adjustable, but I would consider them useful for the same purpose. Perhaps the poster is thinking of the slip type of camisole. I don't own any of those either. :)

Maybe it's a "word" issue. I don't wear camisoles, but microfiber tanks that serve the same purpose. They have a wider strap that is not adjustable, but I would consider them useful for the same purpose. Perhaps the poster is thinking of the slip type of camisole. I don't own any of those either. :)

I think you're right,,,, it's a word difference.

What you describe I also wear a lot of and I think of them as tank tops with wide enough straps to hide bra strap. I have a few silky sort of cami with wide straps so sort of a cross between tank and literal cami. :)

Some ladies even have them as shapewear. They shape as well as provide modesty under sheer tops and a layer for under a blazer or suit jacket etc.

What you describe I also wear a lot of and I think of them as tank tops with wide enough straps to hide bra strap. I have a few silky sort of cami with wide straps so sort of a cross between tank and literal cami. :)

Some ladies even have them as shapewear. They shape as well as provide modesty under sheer tops and a layer for under a blazer or suit jacket etc.

Haha! The only shape my shapewear gives is that of a stuffed sausage. I'm better with shapeless wear! ;)

I am an inveterate overpacker. Sigh. I always have a lot of extra clothing. Again sigh.

And no matter the cruise, I always, ALWAYS bring my swimsuit in my carry-on. And, yes, there have been cruises I haven't worn it (Alaska and Australia/New Zealand) but I had it if I wanted it in case I decided to brave the hot tub or the sauna. Unlikely, but I can't just go out and buy one at a port. :eek:

Robin

I always , always take a few J.Crew Jackie cardigans

( black is a must plus a couple of othe colors). I take these regardless of my destination , be it Europe , the Caribbean , or even Antarctica!

I throw them over dresses , use thdm with sorts , or as a layer when it is colder.

Another must is black "skinny" pants snd some scarves from my obsessive scarf collection.

These items are staples. And I do have several cami style tops to layer under.

Oh , and a black short trench coat goes every place as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BBM

Sometimes I wonder how I ever lived before microfiber tanks were introduced into the American market.....

Royal Caribbean doesn't put slippers in the cabin for less than a Grand Suite. WE are Diamond Plus on Royal and don't even get slippers for that. Even Celebrity doesn't even put slippers in a Concierge Class cabin. I don't know what level on Celebrity earns a pair of slippers.

We were in the Royal Suite.

No matter what wardrobe I have selected to pack for our cruises, I know we will usually do some shopping and several times I bought a new sweater, or sheer top or jacket or something I wanted to wear on our cruise. :o

I was disappointed to not be able to as I didn't have a plain cami to wear under so I never leave home without a nude and a black cami top of one sort or another.

So many times, I have not needed it for the clothing I planned to wear when I packed but was happy I had it when I bought something that required I wear one.

Are there any garments you ALWAYS bring even if you aren't sure you'll want/need it?

most are former jammie tops//but none are tanky, or knit, other than the silver/gold mini sweated type ones. I dont uy then w/ stuff at the neckline...too much conflick w/ my jewelry.but, if they can be worn reverse..I do buy them....secondary mkts are best....many coloures do the trick for my wardrobe.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree and own just about every color of cami/tank you can imagine. My favorite is a knit spaghetti strap - I get them at Torrid (plus size store) and wear them under almost everything for several reasons. 1) tuck into jeans so i don't get the gap between jeans and shirt. 2) pull them over jeans for the layered look. 3) they seem to smooth out the lumps on my upper torso, even when I'm not wearing the shapewear kind 4) so many shirts are slightly see-through now, so it helps with that. 5) low-ish necklines, just covers my bra so i'm not hanging out there!

I'll wear rib-knit tanks, microfiber ones and sometimes shapewear but I'm wearing some sort of an tank with about 80% of my clothes!

• 3 weeks later...

I always have extra white sleeveless t-shirt and/or tank tops. I can wear them on their own since I can wear a bra underneath. And I like white cause they always seem to brighten my day and make me feel cool in the tropics.

I wear camis to sleep in both with and w/out build-in shelf bras, but they are not for public do to lack of support. Don't bring extras, just enough for the trip.

I'm a cami person too. Actually, I wear one almost everyday to work as an undershirt. I have a larger bust and my shirts tend to ride up so I wear a longer solid cami underneath to ensure that no skin shows! Old Navy is my go-to place for camis. The stretchy non-ribbed kind in tall are my favorite. The black camis from Old Navy have a slight gold shimmer to them, I love 'em! I think I own about 10 of these in black alone. :p

Besides camis, I never fail to pack several pairs of simple flip-flops. These are quick to slip on when going to the pool. I also always wear them in my cabin (I have a thing about my bare feet on hotel room carpet).

I also always bring a few fold-over jersey skirts (again, I get these from Old Navy). The skirts are great for wearing over my bathing suit.

cn5965824.jpg

Amongst a dozen other things, I don't go anywhere without my sarongs, light ones that fold into the palm of my hand and some heavier ones I bought in the Far East and more recently Honduras/Mexico. I have found myself on many a travel using it as a scarf/blanket for around my shoulders, picnic blanket, beach towel, table cloth, drape/curtain (I can't sleep if any light is peeping in), towel, dressing gown/cabin scruffs as well as the purpose it was designed for - on the beach or poolside as a cover up!

The cami is one of my wardrobe staples, and I never travel without several of them. I have often purchased a new top while on a trip that requires a cami and am always thankful that I have something in my suitcase suitable to wear.

Another clothing item I never leave home without is what I call a "sequin sensation". These are nothing more than a glitzy tank top. I often pair one with a denim jacket and black or white pants. It's amazing the versatility of a top like this and makes a simple outfit, great.

Here's to the Sequin Sensation!

No matter what wardrobe I have selected to pack for our cruises, I know we will usually do some shopping and several times I bought a new sweater, or sheer top or jacket or something I wanted to wear on our cruise. :o

I was disappointed to not be able to as I didn't have a plain cami to wear under so I never leave home without a nude and a black cami top of one sort or another.

So many times, I have not needed it for the clothing I planned to wear when I packed but was happy I had it when I bought something that required I wear one.

Are there any garments you ALWAYS bring even if you aren't sure you'll want/need it?

Neutral colored tank top, pretty much the same reason.

I always have extra pair underwear, socks, and extra shirt.

• 3 weeks later...

Great ideas. I am taking a 28 day cruise in March and need all "what to pack" hints I can get. I read Chicos, Old Navy and Kohls mentioned, any others?

Sharon

Great ideas. I am taking a 28 day cruise in March and need all "what to pack" hints I can get. I read Chicos, Old Navy and Kohls mentioned, any others?

Sharon

J Jill has some really great things and often has a big clearance sale. Their sizes are generous. :)

Archived