We purchased the Unlimited Soda and More

Kerry&LuAnn

Our first onboard purchase on our recent cruise was the Unlimited Soda and More Package for each of us. In addition to receiving a special souvenir cup, a sticker was placed on each of our cruise cards which we could simply show to any bartender or server. This entitled us to enjoy a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout our cruise. Plus, we could indulge in any juices, mocktails, shakes and floats (from the ice cream bar), and hot chocolate (from International Café) throughout the cruise. The price, which included the 15% gratuity, was $56.35 per person (or $8.05 per day). Since the per drink cost (including gratuity) was $2.25 for soft drinks and $4.00 for mocktails, having a couple a day would pay for the cost of the card.

We have had virgin pina coladas and virgin strawberry daiquiris in the past, but these mocktails advertised in the bar menus are fun and tasty creations:

No-jito – a nonalcoholic spin on the classic cocktail with fresh lemons and limes, fresh mint, grapefruit juice, sugar syrup, topped with club soda.

Sunshine Daiquiri – fresh strawberries, fresh lime juice, fresh lemon juice, mango nectar.

Key West Cooler – passion fruit, watermelon, cranberry juice, topped with Sprite.

Chococobanana – coconut milk, chocolate syrup, fresh banana, sugar syrup, blended with ice.

Fruity Rita – pineapple juice, lemon juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice, and sugar syrup.

Tropical Blend – fresh banana, passion fruit, orange juice, blended with ice.

We also enjoyed chocolate and strawberry malts (blended with generous scoops of real ice cream!) at the Scoops ice cream bar on Lido Deck 15 near Neptune’s Reef and Pool.

Our first onboard purchase on our recent cruise was the Unlimited Soda and More Package for each of us. In addition to receiving a special souvenir cup, a sticker was placed on each of our cruise cards which we could simply show to any bartender or server. This entitled us to enjoy a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout our cruise. Plus, we could indulge in any juices, mocktails, shakes and floats (from the ice cream bar), and hot chocolate (from International Café) throughout the cruise. The price, which included the 15% gratuity, was $56.35 per person (or $8.05 per day). Since the per drink cost (including gratuity) was $2.25 for soft drinks and $4.00 for mocktails, having a couple a day would pay for the cost of the card.

We have had virgin pina coladas and virgin strawberry daiquiris in the past, but these mocktails advertised in the bar menus are fun and tasty creations:

No-jito – a nonalcoholic spin on the classic cocktail with fresh lemons and limes, fresh mint, grapefruit juice, sugar syrup, topped with club soda.

Sunshine Daiquiri – fresh strawberries, fresh lime juice, fresh lemon juice, mango nectar.

Key West Cooler – passion fruit, watermelon, cranberry juice, topped with Sprite.

Chococobanana – coconut milk, chocolate syrup, fresh banana, sugar syrup, blended with ice.

Fruity Rita – pineapple juice, lemon juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice, and sugar syrup.

Tropical Blend – fresh banana, passion fruit, orange juice, blended with ice.

We also enjoyed chocolate and strawberry malts (blended with generous scoops of real ice cream!) at the Scoops ice cream bar on Lido Deck 15 near Neptune’s Reef and Pool.

Yikes!! I need bifocals. :eek:

Yikes!! I need bifocals. :eek:

You and about 1000 of the rest of us! They must have printed in number 1 because I too had a difficult time reading their post.

I think it was an eye test for us seasoned travelers. I made my way through it and it was worth reading. I purchased the Ultimate Drink Package when I cruised last and I'm so glad I did. It paid for itself over and over again.

The bar staff was very creative and changed ingredients for me on some of my choices and made the yummiest smoothies!

As the OP said, the card includes unlimited soda served by the glass.

But the price they used for comparison $1.95 + 0.29 grat = $2.24 is for canned soda.

Soda by the glass--less than half the amount in the can as the glass contains more ice than soda--is priced $1.50 + 0.23 grat = $1.73.

With the cans being a much better value than gun sodas (not to mention more choices and better tasting) the true break-even point is quite a bit higher than "a couple a day"

As the OP said, the card includes unlimited soda served by the glass.

But the price they used for comparison $1.95 + 0.29 grat = $2.24 is for canned soda.

Soda by the glass--less than half the amount in the can as the glass contains more ice than soda--is priced $1.50 + 0.23 grat = $1.73.

With the cans being a much better value than gun sodas (not to mention more choices and better tasting) the true break-even point is quite a bit higher than "a couple a day"

I also bought the UKP for my cruise earlier this month on Ruby Princess which included a fairly large insulated drinking glass which held quite a bit more than a regular drinking glass from the bar. I only ever used it (instead of a bar glass), even at meals (got me a full drink before going to eat), used it quite a few times a day, and I always just told the bartender to put less ice in the drink since it stayed nice and cold.

(Pen placement for size)

zara8u8u.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

It's been a while since I've purchased the UKP, but I used to ask for a large soda and it would come in a big glass. I think the UKP is a good deal if you drink a lot of sweet drinks. For me, I mostly drink water and and haven't purchased one in a while.

I drank mostly Diet Coke, had me a couple of virgin drinks (used that same drinking cup for the bar tender to pour it into) as well as malts from the ice cream place (I don't think I got the same 'generous scoops of real ice cream!' as the OP did, maybe it was a milkshake then?), never got the hot chocolate or juices, but still considered it a decent deal. :cool:

On Grand Princess last week they were giving those who purchased the sticker the old skinny metal mugs, not the clear glass above. My tablemates with the package, and others I met at lunch or cocktail hour, said they didn't care for the taste of the soda from the metal container--never mind having to keep it clean themselves. There was one practical use for it; I saw several people getting a "fill-up" onboard before heading out to Princess Cays.

On Grand Princess last week they were giving those who purchased the sticker the old skinny metal mugs, not the clear glass above. My tablemates with the package, and others I met at lunch or cocktail hour, said they didn't care for the taste of the soda from the metal container--never mind having to keep it clean themselves. There was one practical use for it; I saw several people getting a "fill-up" onboard before heading out to Princess Cays.

We saw the "skinny metal mugs" being given to those who purchased the Unlimited Soda Package. The large tumblers with screw-on lids and straws were given to those who purchased the Unlimited Soda & More Package.

just to get clarification...

is the Unlimited soda package the one that you can just get soda, and the 'unlimited soda and more' is the package where you get soda, mocktails, and malts. Is this correct?

Also, with the tall see through screw on glass with the straw, is this like a tervas tumbler? (the ones that keep things cold and dont sweat?). They are nice if that is what they are. As further comparing the cost savings, I wonder how much this glass sells for in the gift shop? Would think at least 9.95?

just to get clarification...

is the Unlimited soda package the one that you can just get soda, and the 'unlimited soda and more' is the package where you get soda, mocktails, and malts. Is this correct?

Also, with the tall see through screw on glass with the straw, is this like a tervas tumbler? (the ones that keep things cold and dont sweat?). They are nice if that is what they are. As further comparing the cost savings, I wonder how much this glass sells for in the gift shop? Would think at least 9.95?

Yes that is correct in the drink package descriptions. And the tumbler is double walled which I never ever remember 'sweating'. I bought it pre-cruise and found it in my stateroom complete with one of those crazy straws that twist around in circles. My original tumbler broke when I dropped it while walking across a marble floor and the two inner chamber 'halves' of the tumbler cracked/separated at the twist off lid and came apart where I could easily see both inner and outter 'cups' that make up the double wall. There was no issue replacing it. I just had to go the the pool bar amidships (Calypso Bar?) and they gave me another one.

Edited by dmwnc1959

We purchased the soda package on our RCL cruise and the convenience of it was worth it for us. This package sounds even better. Is it available on all ships and can we pre order before we leave? We are cruising on Pacific Princess.

We purchased the soda package on our RCL cruise and the convenience of it was worth it for us. This package sounds even better. Is it available on all ships and can we pre order before we leave? We are cruising on Pacific Princess.

It is available on all the ships, but the milkshakes doe not exist on the Pacific and the COean Princess.

No reason to pre-order unless you want to pay for it in advance. It will be hard to avoid staff wanting to sell you this package on embarkation day.

Is the clear cup something new for the UKP in the last year or two? I bought the 'soda and more' package back in 2010 and got the metal cup. Came w/ my choice of animal topped crazy straw though. Both of which are probably buried in a drawer somewhere since I never used either. We use cups similar to the clear one all the time at home and work so getting another would be great!

DH bought the Ultimate Soda package on the last cruise. For what he got, we thought it was a bargain. He drank a lot of Key West Coolers, and couple of milk shakes, plus a number of diet Cokes. I tasted one of the Key West Coolers; it was quite good.

While this wouldn't be a good deal for me, I drink mostly coffee and water, if you drink other non-alcoholic stuff, this a good deal. I feel that we really got our money's worth for this one.

Just my opinion.

Ohiodoglover

Would it be worth it without the milkshakes? For me probably no. Hubby - absolutely. Especially on a cruise where we have quite a few sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Pushka

Would it be worth it without the milkshakes? For me probably no. Hubby - absolutely. Especially on a cruise where we have quite a few sea days.

Since the cost of the Ultimate Soda and More Package amounts to $8 per day and the mocktails cost $4 each, enjoying more than 2 mocktails each day will make the card worth it. Purchasing the cards for the first time, we definitely were getting more drinks (mocktails, sodas, malts) than we ever had on previous cruises - just because we could. Very fun! :D

Question on the juice:

Does that come in a can or plastic bottle?? or is it just poured into a glass??

Would I be able to get tomatoe juice throughout the day??

thanks

Juice is poured into a glass.

Juice has no charge at breakfast, but there is a charge the rest of the day.

You can order some at breakfast time from room service and keep it in the room fridge until you want it later in the day.

Juice is free at breakfast in the HC buffet and they will get it for you int he MDR.

Island Princess – 2008 Alaska

Island Princess – 2009 Alaska (B2B)

Royal Princess – 2010 Alaska

Golden Princess – 2011 Alaska

Coral Princess – 2012 Panama Canal

Star Princess – 2012 Alaska

Island Princess – 2013 Alaska

Caribbean Princess – 2013 Western Caribbean (4 Day)

Does this Ultimate soda and more package have to be purchased when you first embark or could you buy it half way through the cruise and only pay for the remaining days of the cruise eg. purchase 7 days half way through a 14 day cruise, therefore halving the overall cost?