Kids pricing on DCL: any difference between age 3 or 4

eskiemomo

we're looking at a DCL cruise on either Dream or Fantasy this time with 2 kids. It looks like the infant (under 2) is one price, then it increases if the child is older than 2.

Does anyone know when the next age-based increases in price are? Is it the the same price for a 3 year old versus a 4 year old?

thanks in advance

we're looking at a DCL cruise on either Dream or Fantasy this time with 2 kids. It looks like the infant (under 2) is one price, then it increases if the child is older than 2.

Does anyone know when the next age-based increases in price are? Is it the the same price for a 3 year old versus a 4 year old?

thanks in advance

The website says up price for 0yrs to 17 yrs.

thanks in advance

As noted, children's ages on the DCL site are specified as 0-17.

:)

yes I am aware of what it says (age 0-17) to define "children", but when you actually price out a cruise you'll see there is a difference in price for kids based on age.

Anyhow, I called DCL and the lady told me the following:

0-2 same price except some govt fees might be cheaper <1

2-6 same price

6+ price goes up again

yes I am aware of what it says (age 0-17) to define "children", but when you actually price out a cruise you'll see there is a difference in price for kids based on age.

Anyhow, I called DCL and the lady told me the following:

0-2 same price except some govt fees might be cheaper <1

2-6 same price

6+ price goes up again

That doesn't make sense either based on our recent booking when kids will be 15 and 11. The 15 y/o is higher by $175.00. Govt. fees are listed separate and all the same.

When I've priced out over the years I usually run into this similar situation for our kids where they are different prices and not due to the brackets DCL gave you.

That's one good thing about NCL is the 3rd/4th passenger rates are usually pretty good.

odd. I was told something completely different on our last cruise and for our next one. I was told dd (14 months last week, 2 years next cruise) would get 3 passenger rate.

Now, I'm really confused!!

"That's one good thing about NCL is the 3rd/4th passenger rates are usually pretty good." Yeah, but service with NCL sucks. Though, they do have the under 2 zoo, which would have been great on Disney! (No open play area for parents and kids on Disney.)

odd. I was told something completely different on our last cruise and for our next one. I was told dd (14 months last week, 2 years next cruise) would get 3 passenger rate.

Now, I'm really confused!!

"That's one good thing about NCL is the 3rd/4th passenger rates are usually pretty good." Yeah, but service with NCL sucks. Though, they do have the under 2 zoo, which would have been great on Disney! (No open play area for parents and kids on Disney.)

NCL has changed their kids program once or twice recently. There was quite a bit of discussion about the younger kids so those programs may have changed or are no longer available. I didn't pay much attention as I don't have any that young.

They also started to charge for kids under two that used to be free so that caused quite a bit of discussion as well.

OK, this is what I got from my research;

The first 2 guests in each room pay full fare plus port fees (regardless of age).

Additional guests in the same room pay:

ages 12 and up pays the standard 3rd person fare plus port fees

ages 3 through 11 pays a lesser 3rd person fare (varies anywhere from $21 to $200 less) plus port fees

ages 2 and under pays half of 3-11 fare plus port fees.

:)

Archived