Family Adventure on the AOS 12/2/12 with Pics!

Debitoo

We got back to the room and started taking turns showering and getting ready for the first formal night. I went out to the balcony to see if everyone was on board. Seems like they were....or were they?

ySLzUyUt

Nope, this jeep (see it way at the end of the pier) was driving back and forth making trips bringing late comers from the beginning of the pier to the gangway. Just as we thought everyone was finally on board, we see these two people running down the dock. The jeep flew down the dock to pick them up and brought them to the gangway. Needless to say, they got a HUGE round of applause from everyone on their balconies and the traditional “get a watch” comment from someone! It was hilarious!

STBOPfJM

We started moving from the dock shortly after they boarded. We watched as the pilot left the ship.

rNvmHlU4

46YsTCkJ

d76VaAf0

5XOcJLLt

We stayed out on the balcony for awhile and watched the shoreline go by.

alFhZXW4

sFIX8VfZ

We watched as a beautiful sunset started to unfold. It was breathtaking! We watched until it was completely gone.

0e3jqF2U

na85xvS2

fVgpDbMe

3NuetJks

Next up: 1st Formal Night

Hi Debi!

I am enjoying your review! It is bringing back a lot of memories! Loved your pics of our informal meet ang greet! Saw Dave in a couple of them, but not me!!!

Wish we were back on the Adventure!!

Eileen

Hey Eileen! Good to hear from you! I have lots more pictures to share and some are of you so stay tuned! I had so much fun on our cruise. Glad to get to know you and Dave and that "possessed" iPad!:rolleyes:

Debi-what is the earliest we could drop our bags off with the porter? We don't plan on checking in until late afternoon. We are headed over to the bacardi rum factory first.

Angela

Oh, sorry, I have no idea. Anyone?

My DH and I are so enjoying your pictorial thread. I've never cruised before so the visuals are really interesting, giving a real feel of what it will be like for us when we go on 27 Jan from the UK. A lot of the 'great unknowns' are dispelled and I can feel myself relaxing about it as I watch you having a great time. The Q & A's that have come up are helpful too.

Thanks for making the effort, it's appreciated.

Oh, and I soo want a hook bracelet!!

Regards

Julie

Loving your review! Thanks bunches for putting it together. We have a group of 60+ people going and most of them are first time cruisers so I'm going to direct them to your review. I'm sure it will get them excited for their new adventure. :)

I can't wait to hear the rest!

I did wonder how you went about booking your room in SJ before the cruise. It seems a little daunting! I've only sailed out of Florida and Alaska and this is going to require more work for people and I'm looking for info. to make it easy for everyone to secure their rooms.

I am so going to get one of those hook bracelets. Can you share where to go looking to get one. I love it!!!!!!

Patiently waiting for your next installment!

Robin :)

Thanks so much for this informative review! I am planning to cruise the AOS in March, and haven't done a mega ship in about 15+ years, so this is very helpful to me!

I hadn't sailed for about 25 years....it was all brand new to me too! :o

Deb - did you have to book in advance with the resort, or did you just show up? The beach looks fantastic - I think we may consider this next month :rolleyes:

just email to book two beds umbrellas and rum punch for 25usd

info@sandcastleonthebeach.com

Beautiful location and if Dr Mike is staying some great people to talk to, he loves the island.

Next day Sunset Cafe is worth a visit, our Taxi driver Andre had never been to the cafe before and was most impressed. It's close to Grand Case Beach resort. Have you been there?

just email to book two beds umbrellas and rum punch for 25usd

info@sandcastleonthebeach.com

Beautiful location and if Dr Mike is staying some great people to talk to, he loves the island.

Next day Sunset Cafe is worth a visit, our Taxi driver Andre had never been to the cafe before and was most impressed. It's close to Grand Case Beach resort. Have you been there?

St. Maarten is our favorite island :) We have been to Grand Case many times as we typically rent a jeep for the day and drive around the island stopping at Mullet Bay Beach and various other places.

I have sent in an email request for February 25th to Sandcastle and I am looking forward to a relaxing day on the beach!!!!

I have sent in an email request for February 25th to Sandcastle and I am looking forward to a relaxing day on the beach!!!!

Oh, good for you.......you won't be disappointed. We settled on a spot to the right of the resort (if you're looking at the ocean). Have fun looking for seaglass!