Where are the Nearest FREE Wi-Fi Hotspots in HAL Ports

Crew News

Joanie, I mostly agree with you with a few caveats.

I fully agree that there are too many stickies here, and the 2 proposed for elimination/merging are appropriate suggestions. I think the wifi thread idea is a good one, but don't think it belongs on the HAL forum. While HAL, especially the Elegant Explorer, have a few seldom visited ports, most of them are of widespread interest, and access (and contributions) should be exposed to all cruisers. I'm not quite sure where the thread should be, although there's a forum something like "Tips for saving on a cruise" which seems like it could be a candidate.

Agree 100% Roy and stated that to the Hosts when I pushed that Red Triangle. I stated to them that I felt it should be a sticky on all the Cruise Line Boards.

I would also propose that the thread be expanded from free wifi to include good cheap wifi. I think of Nassau as an example. When I was there on the Monarch, I never thought of the straw market. I'll be there again on the Carnival Pride and will have a look, although I doubt it would be a good working environment. I did stop there in McDonalds and it had free wifi but it was very slow. My first choice would be the Nassau Public Library. Wifi there was not free but I thought $3 for most of a day of good coverage was a real find. I'd like to see sites like that included as well as truly free ones.

Hubby says yes, he'd be happy to add them also.

Joanie, if a thread was established somewhere outside the HAL forum, would you be willing to include a link to it in your signature?

Of course!!!! If it is helpful for Cruise Critic Members!!!! There is only one caveat.... It cannot have any advertising!!! Advertising is a big no no for CC

Roy

Yes, Yes and Yes:)

Joanie

Yes, Yes and Yes:)

Joanie

Joanie, one question about your caveat.

Do you think CC would have a problem with something like:

"Newport: Panera across the street from the tender dock has free wifi"?

I don't think that would be a problem (especially in a post mentioning several other companies); do you think any zealots would be able to make it a problem?

Roy

Joanie, one question about your caveat.

Do you think CC would have a problem with something like:

"Newport: Panera across the street from the tender dock has free wifi"?

I don't think that would be a problem (especially in a post mentioning several other companies); do you think any zealots would be able to make it a problem?

Roy

That would be OK with CC Roy. They just do not allow the type of advertising like they have here on CC, or even the types that they have on Port Everglades Web Cam(s).

Joanie

Archived