Website is misleading

shaun07

Sorry I am confused.

WHERE does it say forward facing BALCONY? It says forward CABIN with balcony ot AFT cabin with AFT balcony... But I am not seeing any of your pictures saying FORWARD cabin with FORWARD facing balcony.

Forward means near front of ship. Maybe it is on one of those pics that never came through?

Sorry I am confused.

WHERE does it say forward facing BALCONY? It says forward CABIN with balcony ot AFT cabin with AFT balcony... But I am not seeing any of your pictures saying FORWARD cabin with FORWARD facing balcony.

Forward means near front of ship. Maybe it is on one of those pics that never came through?

The forward facing penthouses have a balconies. They are on the side and the window faces forward. Not sure what the issue is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Sorry I am confused.

sorry about the pics having flicker problems.....here is the description from their website

The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse

Take in breathtaking views from the forward-facing, private balcony.These Penthouses have access to The Haven and feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. (Sleeps up to four)

Approx Square Footage*: 452

Max Capacity: 4

It looks like balconies above the bridge. They may be enclosed, with operating windows (like on EPIC), but they're still considered a balcony (by NCL)

directly above the bridge is the spa, above that is the deluxe owners suite

I think what the poster is saying is that when you book a cabin that claims a forward facing balcony, but now it does not have one, that is misleading. The fact that it is five months until the Breakaway sails and there are still no floor plans for Haven forward, aft and owners, makes you second guess the booking.

sorry about the pics having flicker problems.....here is the description from their website

Take in breathtaking views from the forward-facing, private balcony.These Penthouses have access to The Haven and feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. (Sleeps up to four)

Not sure where you are looking. The breakaway site does not say forward facing balcony. What's the big deal a quick look at the deckplan shows you where the balcony is.

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

Not sure where you are looking. The breakaway site does not say forward facing balcony. What's the big deal a quick look at the deckplan shows you where the balcony is.

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

I am looking at the NCL site.

I think what the poster is saying is that when you book a cabin that claims a forward facing balcony, but now it does not have one, that is misleading. The fact that it is five months until the Breakaway sails and there are still no floor plans for Haven forward, aft and owners, makes you second guess the booking.

Yes. I don't like the misleading part. I am sorry if I am struggling to get my point across. A cruise is not cheap so I think consistent and accurate information is not too much to ask for.

While I don't think the info is too far off what the end product will be. The forward facing balcony issue makes me concerned.

I plan to book a aft facing penthouse because I saw on one of the descriptions it has a half bath( another description elsewhere on the site does not mention the half bath)which will be great for a family of 4. So after noticing the lack of the forward facing balcony I am concerned there will be no half bath.

It is a bit of a leap of faith to book the rooms since the ship is not even complete and things can change. Maybe the forward penthouses have cove balconies.

Hubby had the same issue with our next cruise on the Jewel. The description of the forward PH's say they hold 3 but we booked the ONLY two that hold 4. There are two rooms in the same category as the others that are slightly larger and hold an extra person. The description on the website does not make it clear at all.

I'm hoping everyone who sails will come back and post pics of their rooms here!

I can't agree with you more about the contradictions on the NCL website. I have three staterooms booked..two of which have contradictory information listed on the Breakaway website ( the DOS and the Haven forward facing penthouse). I have spoken to my PCC and a supervisor about this and all they could tell me is that nothing will be finalized until the ship is "delivered"...............which is way after my final payment date. I am more than frustrated that NCL can't get their website in line with what the company must know about these rooms in light of how far along the build of the ship is!

All the people I've 'spoken' to at NCL have been very responsive, but they still haven't answered the essential questions about these staterooms!:confused:

I, too, agree with Shaun. We booked our aft penthouse (which was THOUSANDS higher than a regular balcony). The website is totally contradictive in several locations. We wanted to make sure that the room they presented to us in the sales brochure were accurate. This is the artist rendering of the aft penthouse master bath:

the-haven-2-bedroom-family-villa-bathroom.jpg

Looks great, right? Well, imagine my surprise when I asked my PCC to verify that there was a second "half bath" as stated in the room amenities. His answer was that he didn't see any listing for the "half bath" but that my master bath has a nice tiled shower...."Excuse me??? Shower??? What about that lovely, huge, oval soaking tub in front of the expansive window?? " ...his answer..."It doesn't show that on MY screen" ...whoa...ok..."can someone check this out for me?" Long story short, I am still waiting for the person in charge of the room layouts to get back to me. hmmmm.

For those of us who have booked these suites, it is a source of frustration. Shaun was just trying to relay this information to others. I, for one, hope that this will be remedied before our final payment is due...because it is a fairly sizable payment.

~enough said,

~Michele:)

sorry for the huge picture, I tried to make it smaller:confused:

My belief is that when you book a ship that has not been completed, you make a leap of faith. You can take a chance and be an early adapter or play it safe and wait until she has made a few trips and find out what reality is. Everything they are posting right now are artist rendering from the designer. Many things can happen in the next five months.

If it were a really big deal for me, I would wait. I'm pretty certain that they haven't even begun furnishing the ship yet. When it is finalized, I'm sure there will be more detail. Epic had some of the same issues.

RV

"My belief is that when you book a ship that has not been completed, you make a leap of faith. You can take a chance and be an early adapter or play it safe and wait until she has made a few trips and find out what reality is. Everything they are posting right now are artist rendering from the designer. Many things can happen in the next five months.

If it were a really big deal for me, I would wait. I'm pretty certain that they haven't even begun furnishing the ship yet. When it is finalized, I'm sure there will be more detail. Epic had some of the same issues"

We are not talking about chairs and wall color..we are talking about things they have advertised that will not be available. I understand the pictures will not be very accurate. But the written descriptions are very inaccurate and misleading. I am just trying to warn people to be careful when they book

If you book a hotel room do you know "exactly" what you are getting?

If you pay for a hotel room with an ocean view thats has 2 bathrooms and sleeps 4 then you find out it only has 1 bathroom and is a garden view and sleeps 3 would you be happy about it?

Just because the ship is not finished it does not mean its not fully designed.

They do their best to give an accurate and "reasonable" description. If you are thinking that you will know ahead of time that you are going to know "exactly" how everything will be both on your room and other, you will probably be spending your vacation looking for what you "did not" get rather than enjoying it. And I say that on the nicest possible way.

I never said "exactly" I have no problem with there being some minor discrepancies like size of balconies etc. But they are listing significant items that do not exist.

You are not really spending thousands on a room .. Take the cost of your cruise, minus taxes and port fees, divide by the number of nights .., take off what you would pay for eating out three times a day .. A coupe of shows, recreation etc ... And you will see that the "room" cost is minimal.

If you pay for a hotel room with an ocean view thats has 2 bathrooms and sleeps 4 then you find out it only has 1 bathroom and is a garden view and sleeps 3 would you be happy about it?

I never said "exactly" I have no problem with there being some minor discrepancies like size of balconies etc. But they are listing significant items that do not exist.

Yes I am spending thousands on a room. Otherwise the price of an inside would be the same as a suite

Yes I am spending thousands on a room. Otherwise the price of an inside would be the same as a suite

If you try to book a cabin for four on NCL Breakaway , forward penthouse is not an option . Only Aft's sleep 4

Holy wow!

I'm so confused by this whole thread :confused:

Are we talking about one of the new builds that aren't even in water yet? If so, I work in construction and what is planned and intended and what is reality is 2 completely different things.

I agree with the posters who state, if you want to take a chance on what in the end the reality might be, go for it. Otherwise wait until the ship sails.

Yeah NCL has a bunch of inconsistencies on their website, this is one example. Suite perks in general are another. For non-Haven suites it doesn't list the breakfast/lunch available in Cagney's. Carnival's is the same way as are tons of other websites. That's why I do a lot of research before I book my cabin. I also find that the pictures that a hotels posts of their rooms seldom look like the actual thing.

Archived