Website is misleading

shaun07

It would be great if they would post architectural (but much simplified) layouts of each room.

In any case, this forward facing S7 Haven ROOM, with balcony on the SIDE (I admit they are slightly but not technically misleading..... and I wish there was a forward balcony!!) claims to sleep four, as of their website: http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

There is one on deck 13 that sleeps 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

i booked the S7 13706 FFPH, and I am afraid to get a hull balcony (looks like one). Still thinking about to change to a lower deck. But I still hope that what I think is the hull balcony could be a window in the bathroom..... Don't know what to do :confused::confused::confused:

i booked the S7 13706 FFPH, and I am afraid to get a hull balcony (looks like one). Still thinking about to change to a lower deck. But I still hope that what I think is the hull balcony could be a window in the bathroom..... Don't know what to do :confused::confused::confused:

Do you plan to sleep 4 in the cabin?

We are all confused. Did you change ?

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like the haven aft facing penthouses have been removed from the booking section. They are still listed under staterooms but when I checked a few dates they don't list them. :confused:

If it is like the Epic they are always the first category to sell out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

They are sold out for every single sailing of the breakaway ! ?

Just picked a random date in November. On the 10th 5 available

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

Prices from $2,699

With access to The Haven, these Penthouses feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. They offer an unforgettable view from the aft-facing, private balcony. (Sleeps up to four)

Approx Square Footage*: 548

Max Capacity: 4

11908 DECK 11

9916 DECK 9

10912 DECK 10

9316 DECK 9

10312 DECK 10

Just picked a random date in November. On the 10th 5 available

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

Prices from $2,699

With access to The Haven, these Penthouses feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. They offer an unforgettable view from the aft-facing, private balcony. (Sleeps up to four)

Approx Square Footage*: 548

Max Capacity: 4

11908 DECK 11

9916 DECK 9

10912 DECK 10

9316 DECK 9

10312 DECK 10

I called NCL because thats the cabin category I have booked and I want to make sure it still exists. They said they didn't know it was removed and would fix it. Which they have :)

Holy wow!

I'm so confused by this whole thread :confused:

Are we talking about one of the new builds that aren't even in water yet? If so, I work in construction and what is planned and intended and what is reality is 2 completely different things.

I agree with the posters who state, if you want to take a chance on what in the end the reality might be, go for it. Otherwise wait until the ship sails.

If this is the case, then NCL should not be showing photographs of something that they are not sure they can provide, and taking money for those amenities.

I still seem to be confused... If the picture I used is from the ANNOUNCEMENT of the Breakaway, isn't that (by definition) the "original" rendering?? I'm fairly certain there was not another rendering done before this one.

If this rendering came out at the very beginning, I don't see how you could possibly think that the current rendering is "original".

Do you think that the "forward facing balcony" descriptions just might be there because the "original" rendering/design of the ship had balconies in the front?? Think maybe that the rendering was changed to the porthole version, but the descriptions have all not been updated as well? Is that at all possible?

FWIW...If you've spoken to IT twice and filled out a survey, what is the point of this thread? IT is aware, nobody here can possibly change the site, and everyone was made aware of the issue with your first post. I appreciate you making everyone aware of the issue, but anything past that is just not productive. People make mistakes, nothing is always perfect, pointing it out (once) is one thing, but beating the dead horse is another.

I don't understand why people are being so rude to this poster. He has stated numerous times that the point of the thread is to alert people to the fact that they may not get what they have paid for and what they expect.

I love NCL, I really do. But when they are wrong, they are wrong.

I don't understand why people are being so rude to this poster. He has stated numerous times that the point of the thread is to alert people to the fact that they may not get what they have paid for and what they expect.

I love NCL, I really do. But when they are wrong, they are wrong.

Thanks!

As you said my intentions were to start a thread to give people a heads up on what they book or see on the website may not be what they get. As I admitted before the thread got away from me, I also misnamed it.

I also love NCL. Just not their website.:D

Thanks!

As you said my intentions were to start a thread to give people a heads up on what they book or see on the website may not be what they get. As I admitted before the thread got away from me, I also misnamed it.

I also love NCL. Just not their website.:D

Now...do you understand that everyone here agrees and acknowledges that the purpose of the thread (and your intentions) was simply to alert people to what you considered to be an inconsistency?

The "issue" that people are having is this: In order to accomplish your stated purpose, you would only have to make ONE posting. Once you make that ONE posting...everyone is aware and your purpose has been achieved. However, you are already on post 39 in this thread. 39! Since your purpost was accomplished with #1, what is the reason behind #2-#39?

Some might just assume that debating the point is more important than informing.

OP, thank you for this thread! I totally agree with you!

My family is cruising on Breakaway and we are all so confused! :confused::(

Now I know we are not alone or crazy! :p

Post # 40

Its very frustrating. I just hope I don't get burned on the room I've booked.

Now...do you understand that everyone here agrees and acknowledges that the purpose of the thread (and your intentions) was simply to alert people to what you considered to be an inconsistency?

The "issue" that people are having is this: In order to accomplish your stated purpose, you would only have to make ONE posting. Once you make that ONE posting...everyone is aware and your purpose has been achieved. However, you are already on post 39 in this thread. 39! Since your purpost was accomplished with #1, what is the reason behind #2-#39?

Some might just assume that debating the point is more important than informing.

Makes no sense. So people should only post once per thread?

Don't know what point your trying to prove

• 3 weeks later...

In regard to the aft haven suites, I finally got confirmation from an NCL PCC, the afts do indeed have:

The extra half bath

Separate bedroom

Livingroom/dining room combo

Large master bathroom with soaking tub and separate shower, double sinks.

So glad to finally know the picture matches the description! :D

Sorry, however, didn't find any additional info regarding the forwards :(

In regard to the aft haven suites, I finally got confirmation from an NCL PCC, the afts do indeed have:

The extra half bath

Separate bedroom

Livingroom/dining room combo

Large master bathroom with soaking tub and separate shower, double sinks.

So glad to finally know the picture matches the description! :D

Sorry, however, didn't find any additional info regarding the forwards :(

Thanks for the update,.....I really hope its true!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived