Swimsuits 2013 Season

angelndscz

As far as trends, I see a lot of swimwear designers going retro and offering one pieces with halter necklines and lower cut across the leg. I like modcloth.com. It's a younger site, but they have mostly retro styles, so more modest but focusing on hourglass, fit and flare styles, think 50s pinup, etc. This is their best selling style, It's the "bathing beauty" one. it comes in a bunch of colors, regular size and plus size, and price is good. I got one in a similar style, it's very flattering. I am mid 30's, size 2 or 4, but an apple figure (tummy) and this looks good. No underwire, but the halter gives a bit of support. I'm a DD so this works for me.

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiece-swimwear

I like the suits on mod cloth.

Thanks for the link. :)

Hi ya'll,

Just wondering what the 2013 swimwear trends will be? I am looking online at some swimsuits.

This one caught my eye for at first being a OMG that is ugly, then looking at it I am like, it is pretty inventive. On a cruise when walking around non-pool areas, you have a built in cover-up?

Do you think this style is too old for a 38 year old mom? I am a size 6, but need the underwire support. I am very extremely pale so tanning isn't usually my thing although I like sitting in a lounge chair and reading a book.

http://www.everythingbutwater.com/swimwear/browse/products/magicsuit/omg/52060+464516+97.html

I don't care for that swimsuit. At first glance, it looks like she has the print swimsuit on underneath . . . and she's cut up a tee-shirt for an odd cover-up over the top.

I don't think I can attach an "age" to this swimsuit, but I'm sure better suits are available.

One of my close girlfriends works at VS and wears their swimsuits. I am unable to wear theirs as I can not wear anything with any additional padding and I don't like how most of them show the entire inner side of both breasts. LOL. I like a more modest full cut. Four kids, a size 34DD but not the sexy kind IMO. The kind that needs extra support is all.
Check out Bravissimo swimsuits. They make clothes for women like us with large breasts and a need for good support. I agree with you that I don't like suits that show too much, and this company offers a variety of showy-suits and modest suits.

The only negative: They're pricey (note that they're priced in British pounds rather than American dollars), but I'd rather have two great suits that really fit well and make me feel good instead of half a dozen that're just so-so.

I've lost weight, had to get rid of a bunch of suits, have one suit left that fits (from my honeymoon 12+ yrs ago:p) So I've started shopping. I want to try on the Tommy Bahama Pearl suit - looks cute, comes in a DD size (technically at the moment I'm DDD but that's why I want to try it on) I also think that these Sporti suits are cute http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/19627.htm and they cost what the shipping of a Bravissimo suit would be:eek:

I just ordered a swimsuit from Nordstrom.com - free shipping both ways so if a store isn't close to you, you can order multiple sizes to try out.

I'm your age, a size 8, 32F and I really like the brand Freya - which Nordstrom carries. Cute tankini's that have larger cup sizes as well as more traditional bikini tops that are also available for those of us that have larger bra sizes.

Archived