Any bad reviews on the Cozmel Bar Hop Excursion

irishgal432

I have read both Trip advisor and CC and I have not seen anything negative about the bar hop excursion (other then some saying it was too costly ).

I had a couple of questions:

1. It looks like there are three ships- Carnival Triumph, Jewel and Liberty of the Seas. The Carnival is from 7-5 and the Jewel and Liberty are from 8-6. I am assuming we would get back in time, anyone ever not?

2.How much a margarita or normal beer would be?

3. Was the food overpriced?

4. Any other negatives (other than the cost)

Hello, I just got off the Navigator, we did the Cozumel Bar Hop and loved it. I can't wait to go back and do it again. There were only 8 people on our bus (6 in our group and the other 2 were returning for their 2nd time on the Bar Hop) and I think there were 4 ships in port with us. The bus was a very nice Mercedes Bus. The staff, Tom, Colleen and Carlos were awesome and good at their jobs. The bars were all in amazing locations. I think the beers were around $4 at first bar but got cheaper at every bar after. I have been to Cozumel several times and this was the best time I have had. I don't have a bad thing to say. :D

I did not do this tour, but have some friends that did it while on our cruise last yr. and they raved about how much they enjoyed it and thought we should do it the next time we went to Cozumel... Not sure if we will or not, cause there are some other things we want to do. If you do it, ENJOY!!! :)

I'm looking at doing the Cozumel Bar Hop and had a few questions for those that have already done it. It is my understanding that you visit 4 bars on the East end of the island and stay for 45 minutes. One drink is included per bar. What kind of drinks? Do you get to pick or is it already decided? Since you only get one drink per place, how much were other drinks on average? What was the price range of food?

I am curious how much others spent at the bars in addition to the $57 for the tour. Do you think the tour was worth the cost overall?

The shots at each stop are the house speciality! They are very tasty!! The other drinks, beer, etc run from 2 bucks and up, depending on what you want. The food prices are not expensive, about as average as anywhere else on the island. I will try to find a pic of the menus and get back to you. The hop is well worth the price. You have a guide, air cond ride, lots of awesome views and beautiful beaches to explore.

We are booking this for next month due to rave reviews here, now the questions! I know you get a t-shirt and a drink at each stop. We aren't big drinkers but are looking forward to the stops on the east side of the island. Our question...what did you spend in addition to the tour cost and tip? Did you get food at the stops? Other drinks (I know we won't do this at each stop, maybe once). I'm just not sure how to plan money for this day.

Also, we are on Royal Caribbean so need to allow for a taxi to get to Starbucks - right?

Did this tour several years ago..they didn't give tshirts at that time. We got a shot or drink at each stop. There is food you can purchase and Tom is a Great tour guide!! If you're not big drinkers,I would think $20-$25 would be plenty. Have a great time!!!

Paradise beach is great. When you get to the other side of the island, the waters are too rough.

I don't believe the bar hop visits Paradise beach anymore.

The sea on the east side does have dangerous undercurrents. Punta Morena does have a swimming pool but it wasn't filled when we visited in June. We visited during the 2 for 1 promotion so yes we thought it was good value! Normally, I would say it is slightly better value for two people traveling together but larger groups could get a better break hiring their own taxi as far as transportation goes. However there is more to the tour than just the ride and that has to be factored in. We thoroughly enjoyed the group we travelled with but as with any group travel it "may" or "may not" work.

I am not sure about the new promotion of increasing the price and including a "free" t-shirt being good value. I can understand the advertising point of view but there are a lot of repeat "hoppers" and I am sure there is a limit to the number of t-shirts I would want to own.

I had not considered going on this tour as we don't drink. However, the more I read about it, it sounds more like a beach hop and that interests me. So, if we don't drink, will it still be fun? Do you actually sit on the beach and enjoy the water while at each location or is it more about the bar/restaurant at each stop?

Do You Have time to get from the Carnival Dock all the way down town to the Hard Rock

to meet up for the hop??. Meet time is 11:00 am and the boat docks at 10:00 am 7 miles away.

I think that's enough time if your ship is able to dock on time and get cleared by "the local authorities" to go ashore. Just be ready to leave the ship asap. It will take 10-15 minutes to navigate the port area from the ship to the taxi area if you dock at Puerta Maya.

I had not considered going on this tour as we don't drink. However, the more I read about it, it sounds more like a beach hop and that interests me. So, if we don't drink, will it still be fun? Do you actually sit on the beach and enjoy the water while at each location or is it more about the bar/restaurant at each stop?

We have done the hop three times and I can't wait to go again. We are not big drinkers but we do drink (more so during a cruise than at home, lol). You can sit on the beach at each bar except at Coconuts (the views are great there however) - in fact, the other three bars have tables and chairs (and service) on the beach. The first stop also has a pool. You are under no pressure to order at any stop.

This is something my husband and I would enjoy. We are coming off the Liberty. Does the Bar Hop take up most of the day, or will we have time for some local shopping too? It's our only port so I'd like to get some souvenirs for the kids :).

PS when I told husband about it and he was a bit concerned that we are just hopping into a van in a foreign country with total strangers who are taking us to a few bars, lol. Tell me that I can reassure him that it's not a rickety old van that some locals turned into a *tour*.

This is something my husband and I would enjoy. We are coming off the Liberty. Does the Bar Hop take up most of the day, or will we have time for some local shopping too? It's our only port so I'd like to get some souvenirs for the kids :).

PS when I told husband about it and he was a bit concerned that we are just hopping into a van in a foreign country with total strangers who are taking us to a few bars, lol. Tell me that I can reassure him that it's not a rickety old van that some locals turned into a *tour*.

Tom, the guy that owns this tour outfit, is a Canadian and went to the same college as my husband. He was the manager at Paradise Beach Club for many years and was a regular contributor on these boards. We have not done this tour because bar-hopping in the day does not really interest us, we are happier heading out for good snorkeling but I can assure you that with him at the helm it is not a "rickety old van that some locals turned into a tour".

Tom, the guy that owns this tour outfit, is a Canadian and went to the same college as my husband. He was the manager at Paradise Beach Club for many years and was a regular contributor on these boards. We have not done this tour because bar-hopping in the day does not really interest us, we are happier heading out for good snorkeling but I can assure you that with him at the helm it is not a "rickety old van that some locals turned into a tour".

Thx!

Archived