Latest Cunard Wave Season Fare Sale

MCC retired

Check this link for the Fare Chart

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/cu/2013_TransatlanticCrossingOffers_FareChart.pdf

Terms and Conditions

†Save up to $600 per stateroom offer is based on a per person discount off applicable Early Booking Fares on a space-available basis at time of reservation in Balcony staterooms (category BD) on the 25 May 2013 QUEEN MARY 2 Southampton to New York Crossing (M307C). Savings in other categories and on other voyages may vary. Early Booking Fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion.

*Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of reservation. Fares for other categories not shown may vary. Fares are per person, do not include air travel, are voyage only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth guests. This offer is capacity controlled, is subject to change, and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past gu est discount, including On Board Credit. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Cunard reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $9 per person per day on all passengers if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel, even if fares have been paid in full. Please refer to the applicable Cunard brochure or Cunard.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all reservations. Ask about our applicable air add-on programme. Please reference promotion code: RDA/RDB. Offer expires 31 March 2013

Sorry do not understand what you mean.
You said "One great reason not to pay in full when booking" but paying in full doesn't mean that you can't get a reduction should the price later drop.

There is a date at which cancellation penalties kick in and this is typically about the same time that final payment is due, but that doesn't mean the cancellation penalty applies just because you have fully paid. Being able to cancel is what gives you leverage to get a fare reduction.

Or, what did you mean by "One great reason not to pay in full when booking"?

That's clearer.

As I understood it once you have paid in full, you had paid in full.

I had read of people getting an OBC after a price drop but not so with having the final balance reduced.

Maybe I read it incorrectly.

Whatever the details I was more than happy to have my invoice re-written with a $400 + reduction :)

Final payment is due Feb 2nd. Will check again the day before I pay my balance ;)

Archived