New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Andy again have a wonderful cruise in your father's memory. I'm sure there will be a tear or two but mostly I hope your trip is about remembering all the happy times your family had with your dad.

Here's one piece of advice, go and enjoy your cruise and forget about us for 4 days. We'll all be here when you return I guarantee. ;) :p :)

I understand there is an email that went out to Captains Club members that they are eligible for all 3 promotions on the 123 promotions currently going on? Does anyone have the details on this offer as I didn't get the email?

Thanks.

We are trying to decide on which promotion to take advantage of with Celebrity and because we are travelling with our three boys and daughter in laws we are strongly leaning to the beverage package BUT we seem to get different information depending on who our TA speaks with at Celebrity.

What I would like to know is: On the classic beverage package if you order a drink over the $8.00 do you pay the extra cost or do they charge you the full price for the drink?

On the FAQ at the start of this thread they are saying that whether you have the Classic or the Premium you will only play the difference. This is NOT what my TA was told at Celebrity.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Kaz,

FWIW, I feel extremely confident in the information I've shared with our community. Additionally, the content of the FAQ, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876 is posted directly by Celebrity. They've stated you can pay the difference. It's possible that someone in the reservations dept has inaccurate information.

I realize this can be a source of confusion, but I believe this will not be an issue. I'm sailing on Connie this weekend, and plan to chat with the onboard folks about this. I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Nothing more to add other than:

WE LOVE YOU, ANDY!!!

Have a wonderful cruise with your loved ones - and I'm sure your Dad will still have a heavy hand in making sure that everything goes as perfectly as can be expected.

Aloha everyone,

I have worked out two thirds of my 123go issues between travel agent and celebrity. We all gave a little and the deal is good enough.

I learned when you have limited access to the Internet you cannot do a good job negotiating. I said yes to a reduced price on fare which is silly, I was going to upgrade later anyway. My bad though. I couldn't get my mind in gear while watching an appraiser roam my house.

I also learned the European 123go, get all three is not just for June to August. That was from celebrity direct. Any European sailing this year qualifies.

Sharie - It says otherwise in writing, so think you may have received bad info. It would be great if it were true, though!

I cannot imagine this next thing is true unless they had some type of disembarkation strike with the dock workers. Can you imagine an older couple trying to handle their luggage alone.:eek:

Originally Posted by djc4410 viewpost.gif

Regarding the Jan. 19-21 Bahamas cruise from Miami, Celebrity has implemented a new deboarding process which they call "Express Departure" for shorter cruises. The on-board video announcement advised that "all guests will be responsible for removing their baggage" from the ship, to quote the video. The deboarding card left in staterooms the night before arrival in Miami gave clear instructions: "Ensure to have all of your personal belongings with you including your luggage when you walk off the gangway."

We observed numerous families with small children struggling to not only man-handle their luggage, but also deal with strollers, kids, etc. Hallways and elevators were jammed with guests trying to navigate the ship with all of the luggage in tow. Not a pleasant way to end a weekend getaway.

Was this a new cost cutting measure by Celebrity to avoid paying Miami port longshoremen to deliver bags into the terminal? Who knows?:mad::mad:

Edited by Iamthesea

Hi Kaz,

FWIW, I feel extremely confident in the information I've shared with our community. Additionally, the content of the FAQ, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876 is posted directly by Celebrity. They've stated you can pay the difference. It's possible that someone in the reservations dept has inaccurate information.

I realize this can be a source of confusion, but I believe this will not be an issue. I'm sailing on Connie this weekend, and plan to chat with the onboard folks about this. I hope this helps !

Andy,

I believe the statement by the Celebrity person regarding being able to pay only the difference for a drink over $8 (on Classic package) is an error. The first question was related to the Premium package and my guess is that was the question he/she answered. I think the 2nd question, which was directly behind the first, was either not seen, or ignored-which, of course, is unfortunate.

If*a Guest selects 123 Go with the beverage package, and the premium upgrade.... and then wishes to purchase a $14.00 beverage, would they be permitted to pay the difference ? If*a Guest*elects the standard beverage package, and wishes to purchase an alcoholic drink higher than $8.00, would they be allowed to pay the difference ?

Yes, we would allow the guest to pay the difference. As a matter of fact we are permitting this onboard now.

Anyone who has ever had the Classic package knows that you pay for the cost of the entire drink if it is over $8. I'm sure you'll get this clarified during your upcoming Connie adventure, but all the info being "bandied about" on this thread continues to confuse the issue.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by gimletgal

Sharie - It says otherwise in writing, so think you may have received bad info. It would be great if it were true, though!

Aloha iamthesea,

I spoke to someone in Captains Club. I told him maybe I could resolve the issue of taking away 1000 of obc from me by moving my booking to June July, or August. He said,"why would you do that? We already credited your April 29th cruise." then he asked me where I heard it was limited. I replied cruisecritic and he said he always reads cc but it is loaded with false information.

I know this sounds like Laurel and Hardy but it is a true account of my booking experience.

I am laughing but only because I worked out part of my issue with losing so much obc.

Andy,

I believe the statement by the Celebrity person regarding being able to pay only the difference for a drink over $8 (on Classic package) is an error. The first question was related to the Premium package and my guess is that was the question he/she answered. I think the 2nd question, which was directly behind the first, was either not seen, or ignored-which, of course, is unfortunate.

If*a Guest selects 123 Go with the beverage package, and the premium upgrade.... and then wishes to purchase a $14.00 beverage, would they be permitted to pay the difference ? If*a Guest*elects the standard beverage package, and wishes to purchase an alcoholic drink higher than $8.00, would they be allowed to pay the difference ?

Yes, we would allow the guest to pay the difference. As a matter of fact we are permitting this onboard now.

Anyone who has ever had the Classic package knows that you pay for the cost of the entire drink if it is over $8. I'm sure you'll get this clarified during your upcoming Connie adventure, but all the info being "bandied about" on this thread continues to confuse the issue.

Have a great cruise!

Gimletgal - that is exactly what I was afraid of - that they only answered the first part of the question. Hence my confusion. I will be anxious to hear what Andy finds out on the ship.

Hi Gimletgal & Kaz,

Rest assured, it's at the top of my questions list. I will do whatever I can, to make sure we are all on the same page. I will try to report from the ship, or as soon as I have a definitive anwser.

Thanks for your patience.

The Europe sailings get to choose two of the deals whereas the other US sailings get to choose just one...I will tell you that there are of course stipulations........as in we chose our cruise and we had to pick OV or higher and then the bottom line OV was $349 but we had to pick $399 and that somehow was still on deck 2....not sure how that worked out..........and I was thinking the whole time that I could do better picking the $319 inside rate and paying myself $44 pp classic package......but when I asked the prices it was actually $1298 for the inside deal and $988 for us in an OV upgrade due to being Captains club with the beverage deal.....so the truth is "there is no free lunch"...but somehow it still worked out a deal for us...but really do the research.....

Aloha everyone,

I have worked out two thirds of my 123go issues between travel agent and celebrity. We all gave a little and the deal is good enough.

I learned when you have limited access to the Internet you cannot do a good job negotiating. I said yes to a reduced price on fare which is silly, I was going to upgrade later anyway. My bad though. I couldn't get my mind in gear while watching an appraiser roam my house.

I also learned the European 123go, get all three is not just for June to August. That was from celebrity direct. Any European sailing this year qualifies.

Do you have any idea who you spoke with? I called celebrity three times today. First time told yes so I call DH to confirm we wanted to upgrade to balcony for our may 25 sailing. Called back and was told in no uncertain term no. Then a certified vacation lander called me told me I was eligible and then changed her mind after double checking with supervisor. I'm so aggravated! Why can't they just get it together! I love celebrity but other cruise lines do not have these complicated offers, when they have a sale their pricesngomdown, end of story. So if U have a name number or department I would really appreciate it because I have talked to 3 different departments as well!

Hi Hulamoon,

I'm not doubting you were told the above, but it appears to be inaccurate. The following, is from the terms & conditions :

Cruise must be booked between Jan. 7-Feb. 18, 2013 (the "Offer Period") and must be a Europe cruise, that departs between June - August 2013. Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program.

Started today. Brand new. 2013 summer Europe sailings get all 3 as a captains club member. Captain's Club Triple Play: get three big offers. Under exclusive offers once you login.

We have an exciting—and exclusive—first time offer for our valued Captain’s Club members. Simply book a summer Europe vacation—sailing from June to August of this year—and you’ll receive three big offers: Free Beverage Packages, Free Gratuities, and up to $300 to spend on board. Plus, you’ll enjoy 50% reduced deposits. *

Additional Family & Friends Save Up to $500 Per Person on Europe Summer Sailings

Plus, you’ll receive 50% reduced rates for additional guests in your stateroom on your Europe summer vacation. * For a family of four, that’s a total value of up to $3,000 with all offers combined. So, there’s no better time to experience a summer vacation in Europe with family and friends than now.

Limited Time Offer—Book Today

Simply book your Celebrity Cruises summer Europe vacation by February 18, 2013, and start planning a vacation that will transport you far from the ordinary with three exciting and valuable offers.

Imagine pairing your meals with the perfect beverage—because you have Free Beverage Packages (a value of $88 per day, plus beverage gratuities are covered by us, so on a 12-night sailing, the total value is more than $1,056). Being able to relax knowing your tips are covered—because you have Free Gratuities (a value of up to $30 per day). And, spending your Onboard Credit (up to $300) almost any way you like: specialty dining reservations, spa treatments, Celebrity Shore Excursions. The choice is yours.

What are you waiting for? Your modern luxury vacation is just a Triple Play away.

Step 1: Book your summer Europe cruise January 23–February 18

Book this offer right now on this page, call 1-800-CELEBRITY, or contact your travel agent

Step 2: Receive all three offers

Beverage Packages, Free Gratuities, and an Onboard Credit Plus, enjoy 50% reduced deposits

Step 3: Enjoy a summer vacation in Europe unlike any other

Breathtaking destinations. Upscale accommodations. Exciting dining. Intuitive service.

Andy,

Have a great cruise!

My wife and I were discussing this today. There really would be no need to upgrade to the Premium package if it were true. Our main reasons to upgrade is for Glenlevit(about $9) and for the Molecular drinks ($12) But you would only have a couple each a day, it wouldn't add up to the 11.50 difference.

Hi Gimletgal & Kaz,

Rest assured, it's at the top of my questions list. I will do whatever I can, to make sure we are all on the same page. I will try to report from the ship, or as soon as I have a definitive anwser.

Thanks for your patience.

Enjoy your cruise and please get everything straightened out on Constellation before we board on the 4th. ;)

I understand there is an email that went out to Captains Club members that they are eligible for all 3 promotions on the 123 promotions currently going on? Does anyone have the details on this offer as I didn't get the email?

Thanks.

Hi Vmarq,

Here's the details, which I posted yesterday : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36808152&postcount=926 . I hope this helps !

Aloha Tennant,

I do not know his name. Feisty, kind man from Captains Club. He said he checked the rules and his do not have limitations for dates. And I had all three added to my April 29 sailing. My circumstances were unusual, but he said it qualified for the promotion.

Cruise promotions, sometimes I wonder if part of the strategy is to be difficult to understand so everyone keeps talking about it.

My situation is set, but I will keep checking back to see if the terms and conditions changed like they may have for drink upgrades onboard. I like that idea a lot.

I'm feeling exactly the same.

We are booked on Summit for a B2B in a couple of months and looking at our roll call it appears that we will be amongst the few in our group who will be charged for our drinks, whilst everyone else will be enjoying their cocktails with compliments of Celebrity.

This treatment certainly does NOT make me feel like a valued guest and I think Celebrity will realise that offering preferential treatment to some of their loyal customers whilst denying it to others is not good business.

Royal Princess is now looking like a strong possibility for our next cruise.

Add another (or 8) very unhappy cruisers to the list.

I have been raving to my friends how much they will enjoy celebrity, but now I am not looking forward to being onboard with others who have the free drinks package that we will have to pay for.

After the way we've been treated, I won't be booking another celebrity cruise.

It's not only myself, but I have previously recommended celebrity to a number of friends - you can bet I won't be recommending them again, and I'll be letting everyone I know how they have been operating.

We also made a lot of advertising for Celebrity here in Germany in the past and I will definetly don´t do it again and will not cruise them again until they change their mind and treat every passenger in the same way w.r.t. their promotions.

Also other companies have nice new ships, especially the new NCL and Princess boats. Let´s try them!

Aloha iamthesea,

I spoke to someone in Captains Club. I told him maybe I could resolve the issue of taking away 1000 of obc from me by moving my booking to June July, or August. He said,"why would you do that? We already credited your April 29th cruise." then he asked me where I heard it was limited. I replied cruisecritic and he said he always reads cc but it is loaded with false information.

I know this sounds like Laurel and Hardy but it is a true account of my booking experience.

I am laughing but only because I worked out part of my issue with losing so much obc.

From Host Andy

Hi Hulamoon,

I'm not doubting you were told the above, but it appears to be inaccurate. The following, is from the terms & conditions :

Cruise must be booked between Jan. 7-Feb. 18, 2013 (the "Offer Period") and must be a Europe cruise, that departs between June - August 2013. Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program.

Do you have any idea who you spoke with? I called celebrity three times today. First time told yes so I call DH to confirm we wanted to upgrade to balcony for our may 25 sailing. Called back and was told in no uncertain term no. Then a certified vacation lander called me told me I was eligible and then changed her mind after double checking with supervisor. I'm so aggravated! Why can't they just get it together! I love celebrity but other cruise lines do not have these complicated offers, when they have a sale their pricesngomdown, end of story. So if U have a name number or department I would really appreciate it because I have talked to 3 different departments as well!

Aloha Tennant,

I do not know his name. Feisty, kind man from Captains Club. He said he checked the rules and his do not have limitations for dates. And I had all three added to my April 29 sailing. My circumstances were unusual, but he said it qualified for the promotion.

Cruise promotions, sometimes I wonder if part of the strategy is to be difficult to understand so everyone keeps talking about it.

My situation is set, but I will keep checking back to see if the terms and conditions changed like they may have for drink upgrades onboard. I like that idea a lot.

I do hope for your sake that you get to keep the promo, but as others, including Host Andy have pointed out, the promo is not in your favor. ;) Another thing that I noticed that surprised me. You are taking a cruise out of Sydney. I don't know what ports you stop in, but is your cruise even considered European cruise? I didn't think that Australia qualified, either.

AussiegrlflThe Europe sailings get to choose two of the deals whereas the other US sailings get to choose just one...I will tell you that there are of course stipulations........as in we chose our cruise and we had to pick OV or higher and then the bottom line OV was $349 but we had to pick $399 and that somehow was still on deck 2....not sure how that worked out..........and I was thinking the whole time that I could do better picking the $319 inside rate and paying myself $44 pp classic package......but when I asked the prices it was actually $1298 for the inside deal and $988 for us in an OV upgrade due to being Captains club with the beverage deal.....so the truth is "there is no free lunch"...but somehow it still worked out a deal for us...but really do the research.....

Tell me about it! I checked on pricing for a late August cruise that is only 8 nights. It would cost the same price as my upcoming 12 night. I was a little shocked, but not surprised that the rates have been inflated a bit with this promo. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

We also made a lot of advertising for Celebrity here in Germany in the past and I will definetly don´t do it again and will not cruise them again until they change their mind and treat every passenger in the same way w.r.t. their promotions.

Also other companies have nice new ships, especially the new NCL and Princess boats. Let´s try them!

With you there Chrishb.

And to add more "insult to injury" they've upped the promotion for Captains Club members to all 3 options in the 123Go promotion for European sailings.

For anyone interested I've just had an email from my travel agent offering what seems a good deal. And they're offering free drinks package for UK residents - WOO WOO. Unfortunately I can't make use of it, but I won't be anyway as I'm on a boycott from now on. But looks like they are making up the rules as they go along.

15 Night Fort Lauderdale to Southampton Inc Pre Fort Lauderdale Stay

Departing 18th April 2013

Includes:

- 13 night cruise on board Celebrity Eclipse

- 2 night stay in Fort Lauderdale (4* The Westin Beach Resort)

- Return flights from UK, air taxes, transfers

Inside from £1299pp, Outside from £1399pp, Balcony from £1399pp

Includes FREE upgrade from Outside to Balcony

PLUS Celebrity Drinks Package worth up to $1300

With you there Chrishb.

And to add more "insult to injury" they've upped the promotion for Captains Club members to all 3 options in the 123Go promotion for European sailings.

For anyone interested I've just had an email from my travel agent offering what seems a good deal. And they're offering free drinks package for UK residents - WOO WOO. Unfortunately I can't make use of it, but I won't be anyway as I'm on a boycott from now on. But looks like they are making up the rules as they go along.

15 Night Fort Lauderdale to Southampton Inc Pre Fort Lauderdale Stay

Departing 18th April 2013

Includes:

- 13 night cruise on board Celebrity Eclipse

- 2 night stay in Fort Lauderdale (4* The Westin Beach Resort)

- Return flights from UK, air taxes, transfers

Inside from £1299pp, Outside from £1399pp, Balcony from £1399pp

Includes FREE upgrade from Outside to Balcony

PLUS Celebrity Drinks Package worth up to $1300

This cruise is on the Celebrity US web site at $699, $1049 and $1349 plus all the offers cruise only and it can be found cheaper elswhere ie with free gratuities.

Today I have phoned Celebrity in the US and told them about my inconvenience about the 1-2-3 offer not applicable to my reserved Transatlantic cruise with Equinox in April 2013.

First of all, the rep Veronica was a very friendly and understanding rep - totally different from the people in Germany.

After talking to her Supervisor she informed me that I could benefit from this promotion, but the reservation would need to be adjusted by the Celebrity office in Germany...OMG - these people are so helpful...just telling me "NO!", but without reasons.

The first email I received from them after raising the question why customers in Germany / Europe are excluded from this offer after their cruises are reserved is this one:

Von: infode@rccl.com

An: wisisato

Datum: 22.01.2013 10:31

Betreff: Re: FW: Aw: Celebrity Equinox / 15-Apr-2013 / xxxxxxx /

1-3236196953 / xxxxxx

> Dear Mrs xxxxxx,

>

>

> many thanks for your enquiry.

> As you already should have been advised by your travel agent the terms

and

> conditions of other countrie's sales promotions do not apply for German

> bookings.

> We apologize for any inconvinience but we have to stick to our rules

which

> you may recognize on the printed as well as online sales promotion.

> Unfortunately, there is no possibility to add the beverage package to

> already excisting bookings.

>

> Thanks for your understanding.

> Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime in case you have further

> questions.

>

>

> Kindest regards

Well, my question is still unanswered:mad:, so I email back to them.

wisisato@arcor.de |

| |

| 23.01.2013 06:48 |

| |

| |

|---------------------------------------------->

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---|

| | |

| | |

| To| |

| infode@rccl.com | |

| cc| |

| | |

| Subject| |

| Aw: Celebrity Equinox / 15-Apr-2013 / xxxxxxx / 1-3236196953 / xxxxxxx | |

| | |

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---|

Dear Mrs. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your reply on my inquiry, but my question is still

unanswered.

Celebrity US and Celebrity DE both show the same rules for this specific

1-2-3 promotion on the brochures and the internet as "New bookings only".

But, if these are the common rules, why does Celebrity US then apply the

beverage package / OBC / Prepaid graduaties also for existing bookings?

I have been in contact with customers from the US who have advised me that

they have been granted this promotion for already existing bookings without

cancellation of their reservations.

As Celebritiy Cruises is a worldwide brand, it should follow it's

communicated rules and procedures for all countries.

In times of www and social media / network, customers from all over the

world are in a very close connection and share information and experiences.

I would like you to contact your Corporate office in the US and ask why

customers in DE and other countries in Europe are treated like second class

passengers for this specific promotion.

In the social media platform "Cruisecritics.com" your Celebrity Social

Media Manager from the US states, that all customers (I do not see a reason

why I am a special customer that is excluded from this statement) should

get in contact with Celebrity Cruises to get the best available offer and

terms for their cruise including the benefits from this promotion added to

the reservation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36722049&postcount=630

If this statement modifies the defined and communicated rules and terms for

this specific offer, you should reconsider your decisions that have already

been made.

I would like to express that I am deeply unsatisfied with your way of

solving the problem that has been communicated to you. This is defintely

not a 5-Star-Service.

Regards,

xxxxxx

The next reply was more or less a standard reply, I would like to share with the community to get a feeling for the frustration the European customers need to deal with....

Von: infode@rccl.com An: wisisato Datum/Uhrzeit: 23.01.2013 / 09:12(Empfang) Nachrichtenart: E-Mail Betreff: Re: Aw: Celebrity Equinox / 15-Apr-2013 / xxxxxxx / 1-3236196953 / xxxxxx

Dear Ms xxxxxx,

thanks for getting back to us.

We are sorry but in this case we can not adapt to our collegue. For every

market there are specific rules and conditions.

Once again we checked your enquiry but in case you cancel your reservation

and make a new booking you will not be

qualified for the sale as per terms and conditions.

In case you have a permanent residence in the US you are always welcome to

book in that specific market.

Thanks for your understanding and have a great vacation.

Best regards

Do YOU think this is service? Is this Customer service a good reputation for a global company?

Not for me, sorry. I hope somebody in a high Manager position at Celebrity US wakes up. All cheated customer Europe will probably never cruise with X again...

Today I have phoned Celebrity in the US and told them about my inconvenience about the 1-2-3 offer not applicable to my reserved Transatlantic cruise with Equinox in April 2013.

First of all, the rep Veronica was a very friendly and understanding rep - totally different from the people in Germany.

After talking to her Supervisor she informed me that I could benefit from this promotion, but the reservation would need to be adjusted by the Celebrity office in Germany...OMG - these people are so helpful...just telling me "NO!", but without reasons.

The first email I received from them after raising the question why customers in Germany / Europe are excluded from this offer after their cruises are reserved is this one:

Von: infode@rccl.com

An: wisisato

Datum: 22.01.2013 10:31

Betreff: Re: FW: Aw: Celebrity Equinox / 15-Apr-2013 / xxxxxxx /

1-3236196953 / xxxxxx

> Dear Mrs xxxxxx,

>

>

> many thanks for your enquiry.

> As you already should have been advised by your travel agent the terms

and

> conditions of other countrie's sales promotions do not apply for German

> bookings.

> We apologize for any inconvinience but we have to stick to our rules

which

> you may recognize on the printed as well as online sales promotion.

> Unfortunately, there is no possibility to add the beverage package to

> already excisting bookings.

>

> Thanks for your understanding.

> Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime in case you have further

> questions.

>

>

> Kindest regards

Well, my question is still unanswered:mad:, so I email back to them.

wisisato@arcor.de |

| |

| 23.01.2013 06:48 |

| |

| |

|---------------------------------------------->

| | |

| | |

| To| |

| infode@rccl.com | |

| cc| |

| | |

| Subject| |

| Aw: Celebrity Equinox / 15-Apr-2013 / xxxxxxx / 1-3236196953 / xxxxxxx | |

| | |

Dear Mrs. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your reply on my inquiry, but my question is still

unanswered.

Celebrity US and Celebrity DE both show the same rules for this specific

1-2-3 promotion on the brochures and the internet as "New bookings only".

But, if these are the common rules, why does Celebrity US then apply the

beverage package / OBC / Prepaid graduaties also for existing bookings?

I have been in contact with customers from the US who have advised me that

they have been granted this promotion for already existing bookings without

cancellation of their reservations.

As Celebritiy Cruises is a worldwide brand, it should follow it's

communicated rules and procedures for all countries.

In times of www and social media / network, customers from all over the

world are in a very close connection and share information and experiences.

I would like you to contact your Corporate office in the US and ask why

customers in DE and other countries in Europe are treated like second class

passengers for this specific promotion.

In the social media platform "Cruisecritics.com" your Celebrity Social

Media Manager from the US states, that all customers (I do not see a reason

why I am a special customer that is excluded from this statement) should

get in contact with Celebrity Cruises to get the best available offer and

terms for their cruise including the benefits from this promotion added to

the reservation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36722049&postcount=630

If this statement modifies the defined and communicated rules and terms for

this specific offer, you should reconsider your decisions that have already

been made.

I would like to express that I am deeply unsatisfied with your way of

solving the problem that has been communicated to you. This is defintely

not a 5-Star-Service.

Regards,

xxxxxx

The next reply was more or less a standard reply, I would like to share with the community to get a feeling for the frustration the European customers need to deal with....

Von: infode@rccl.com An: wisisato Datum/Uhrzeit: 23.01.2013 / 09:12(Empfang) Nachrichtenart: E-Mail Betreff: Re: Aw: Celebrity Equinox / 15-Apr-2013 / xxxxxxx / 1-3236196953 / xxxxxx

Dear Ms xxxxxx,

thanks for getting back to us.

We are sorry but in this case we can not adapt to our collegue. For every

market there are specific rules and conditions.

Once again we checked your enquiry but in case you cancel your reservation

and make a new booking you will not be

qualified for the sale as per terms and conditions.

In case you have a permanent residence in the US you are always welcome to

book in that specific market.

Thanks for your understanding and have a great vacation.

Best regards

Do YOU think this is service? Is this Customer service a good reputation for a global company?

Not for me, sorry. I hope somebody in a high Manager position at Celebrity US wakes up. All cheated customer Europe will probably never cruise with X again...

Thanks for your update Wisisato. That is exactly what I am thinking. It´s really a shame for an international company how differently they treat their customers. I hope that Celebrity Management reassess their attitude, otherwise I will definitely never cruise them again. As said other cruise lines have also nice new ships and interesting routes.