New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Congratuations!!

You did better than me - after hours on hold, speaking to various supervisors I got told NO. I re-shuffled my cruise date as they would not allow me to cancel & re-book on that same sailing. I'm tempted to contact them to let them know how I feel right about now...

We had the same outcome as you - the consultant would not let us cancel & rebook to get the deal - fortunately we had used an open passage booking so we moved it to a future cruise date and rebooked a different cruise to get the deal - we were just lucky we hadn't booed our flights yet and were able to change.

Got told by X Oz the only way we can upgrade is on Board the ship.

We will wait and see, but I am inclined to think it will be no problem.

I got the same answer from X in Oz - she said they had got an email saying they couldn't upgrade to the premium package as their computer system couldn't handle it as they don't normally have the beverage package promotion but there would be no problems upgrading it once we are onboard

Hi Sbt518,

That I know of, there's no deadline to order the premium package. The promotion is scheduled to end on 2/18. That might be what you are concerned about.

As long as your TA notified Celebrity that you wish to purchase the Premium upgrade, I wouldnt worry about it. From other members reports, they are a bit behind in making the additions to bookings, but they are happening. What matters most, is that Celebrity is notified.

I'd suggest following up with your TA next week. I hope this helps !

Thanks Andy, I thought we had to have the upgrade completed by the 2/18 deadline.

I'll call the TA and let them know we want to upgrade, I thought also I needed to call Celebrity to do this as it says on the 123 Go info but that I could not make that call until our changed reservation changed.

Now I understand.

I booked today for my wife and myself, and got the 123go classics drink package for the two of us. I enjoy nice wines and wonder if is possible for just one person to upgrade to the premium package (my wife is not much of a drinker).

We have read that too but I think if you do it when onboard you might be able to get it just for yourself - no guarantee but might be worth a try.

I booked today for my wife and myself, and got the 123go classics drink package for the two of us. I enjoy nice wines and wonder if is possible for just one person to upgrade to the premium package (my wife is not much of a drinker).

This is not possible with the promo, normally it would be ok, but withthe promo offer both will need to upgrade. It may be worth a try once onboard.:D

Hi Prince Roy,

According the Celebrity FAQ : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876 , both Guests must upgrade to Premium. As the last poster mentioned, once you are onboard, you can always ask. The worst that can happen, is they say no.

I hope this helps !

Since there is an $8.00 limit on drinks, and you must pay the full price of a more expensive drink it would be very helpful to know what the prices are. Does anyone have any information of the drink and wine prices or copies of bar drink menus...thank you

Edited by cruzemaven

Hi Eadien,

This is from the FAQ, located here : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876 I hope this helps !

When do I pay for the Premium Package?

Once the request is made, the package will be added to the booking 6-8 weeks once deposit is made. At that time, an invoice will be sent to pay the upgrade of the package. The package will not be removed due to no payment, it will be added to the guests onboard account.

Thanks Andy, had this confirmed this morning. I booked another cruise online last night and called today to get the promo, as well as an aft cabin that didn't appear on the website!

For those hearing you can't upgrade over the phone, call back. You need the WAV8-PR BEV GRAT code.

I just called yesterday to upgrade to the premium package yesterday for our April cruise and the rep indicated that it was good timing since it had to be done by the 18th.

I know that Andy had mentioned this early in this thread and Celebrity seems to be repeating it now. Still can't believe that they would turn down extra money on the ship if you said you wanted to upgrade, but I would rather pay for it and not take any chances.

I just called yesterday to upgrade to the premium package yesterday for our April cruise and the rep indicated that it was good timing since it had to be done by the 18th.

I know that Andy had mentioned this early in this thread and Celebrity seems to be repeating it now. Still can't believe that they would turn down extra money on the ship if you said you wanted to upgrade, but I would rather pay for it and not take any chances.

I spoke to a captain's club representative on the phone last week (who also spoke with a supervisor) and I was told that upgrading to the premium package could be done on board (so that on-board credit could be used). Any first-hand information?

Laura

I am on another thread where someone just got off their cruise with the 123 Classic and they upgraded to premium on board with zero issues. But I agree. Why wait?:confused:

FWIW - I used 123Go twice - once to an already paid cruise for the end of April 2013, and once (with the half deposit) to book a cruise in March 2014. For both, I chose the drink package option, and I upgraded the packages to premium.

My booking documents both say WAV7-PREM BEV, but I've not been charged the upgrade fee yet. The drink packages do not show on my reservations under the extras. I've spoken with celebrity about both cruises, and they said I might be paying for the April 2013 premium fee while on board, and that they don't show under the extras because they're not purchased, per se.

I was really concerned about the fee for the April 2013 cruise, because I didn't want them to say "Well, you didn't pay your premium fee before final payment date, so your cruise is cancelled."

FWIW - I used 123Go twice - once to an already paid cruise for the end of April 2013, and once (with the half deposit) to book a cruise in March 2014. For both, I chose the drink package option, and I upgraded the packages to premium.

My booking documents both say WAV7-PREM BEV, but I've not been charged the upgrade fee yet. The drink packages do not show on my reservations under the extras. I've spoken with celebrity about both cruises, and they said I might be paying for the April 2013 premium fee while on board, and that they don't show under the extras because they're not purchased, per se.

I was really concerned about the fee for the April 2013 cruise, because I didn't want them to say "Well, you didn't pay your premium fee before final payment date, so your cruise is cancelled."

I was told today that a charge will show up in a couple of weeks. I think as long as you have the promo code on your invoice, you are safe. I decided not to risk it and upgraded while the promo is active.

Miss out on this 123 promotion. Booked our sky suite over 12 months ago and dont qualify for this. But would not of got this great suite if we left booking to last minute. Leave on 3rd March Singapore to Hong Kong on the Millenium. Stillll got fingers crossed for a drinks package reduction / discount before we sail, can only hope.:rolleyes:

The 123 Advertisement is misleading if you don't read the fine print. I booked an Alaska cruise cat. 2B Veranda thinking I would get to choose one of the three offers, only to be told by my TA that even though it is a balcony cabin, it doesn't meet the price requirement?? Not a happy camper.

The 123 Advertisement is misleading if you don't read the fine print. I booked an Alaska cruise cat. 2B Veranda thinking I would get to choose one of the three offers, only to be told by my TA that even though it is a balcony cabin, it doesn't meet the price requirement?? Not a happy camper.

The offer only applies to certain rates, so for example seniors discounted rates are excluded.

It’s like most Celebrity offers that there is limited combinability so you just need to choose the deal you most prefer. You would be able to choose a booking on that cruise with that offer, but the rate would be higher than the one you were quoted.

Hi Omarchs,

To be clear, I truly believe it's *not* a must to purchase the premium upgrade by the 18th. The premium upgrade should be available to those who booked during the offer period, as well as onboard the ships. Both items are confirmed in Celebrity's FAQ : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876

What I mentioned previously, is that if you desire the premium upgrade, it's my "recommendation" to upgrade while the promotion is ongoing. This way, you know you will have it, and wont have to waste any time with it once onboard.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

We sailed on the 4 Feb 2013 Constellation 5 night trip, and this will be included in my review - but since I don't know when I'll get all the sections of that done, I'll post some info on this time sensitive stuff here:

We called to upgrade a few days after booking, less than a week before sailing. We were told we would have the premium package when we boarded, and that the charge would be on our onboard accounts - for some reason they couldn't charge us in advance. When we arrived, we had stickers on our cards indicating we had a classic beverage package. We did NOT attempt to work this out in the port, we just got onboard and ordered drinks that cost less than $8 each. There was a bit of a backup at guest services, so we just settled in and trusted that they'd handle it for us. This was our only experience using a classic package to order 'small' martinis, but it worked perfectly.

We upgraded my dad and my BF immediately, and they got hand written receipts showing 5 days x $cost per day (about $10) + 15% = something like $55 each. These were reflected on our onscreen account info the following day. We had no problems using the cards for anything, and any one of us could go up with the three cards and get us all drinks. I discovered they had strongbow at the coffee shop and bistro on 5 on day 3, and because my anytime drink is a bit of strongbow in Guinness, I asked a bartender if I could upgrade to the premium package too. I was only charged for three days, which was nice - I'd have happily paid the $55 even on day 3 to get the Guinness.

On using the package: I discovered the Fresca which makes a VERY nice shooter when you're leaving the naughty songs bar for a bathroom / smoke break - and never had a problem even if I'd just gotten a drink in Michael's Club. I didn't ever ask them to make one of the specialty martinis when I only had the classic package, so they might only do the smalls for the simple ones like the dirty vodka martini my dad ordered the first day. We made friends with several other crazy people who also had the package, and a few times we all went to a bar, all laid our cards down, and asked the bartender to make us a shot that always seemed to qualify even for the folks with the classic package. I will think long and hard about booking without a drinking package again - Heck, I think I spent enough in bottled waters to make it worthwhile.

Anyway, in summary: at least on this first sailing under the promotion, the upgrade was not only allowed onboard at any point, but was prorated based on the number of days remaining in the cruise. They did not use any computer system to deal with this upgrade, so could have had no way of knowing how we got the drink package stickers. We thought the drink package would have been worth the cost even if we'd paid for it, at least on a shorter cruise.

Miss out on this 123 promotion. Booked our sky suite over 12 months ago and dont qualify for this. But would not of got this great suite if we left booking to last minute. Leave on 3rd March Singapore to Hong Kong on the Millenium. Stillll got fingers crossed for a drinks package reduction / discount before we sail, can only hope.:rolleyes:

I booked a while go too, but I rang and they allowed me to have the 123 :). You can only ask!