This Would Have to be a Good Deal!

Can you please say what companies are offering these deals? I have googled.

Thanks

We are not able to recommend any specific company...the google search should have popped up some suggestions. Usually when there is a sale such as the P & O one all the agents have access to similiar prices.

Sue

If there is a sale price going around...all Travel Agents will have it.

Just ask your local one, if they dont have it I bet they will get back to you and match it.

We have done that with a local agent...they claimed they knew nothing about a sale price I had found on the net. As I walked back in the door at home , the phone was ringing and surprise surprise , they could do the same deal as well.

How strange, I typed a reply hours ago but it's not on here :rolleyes:

Anyway I found the info, thanks for all the replies.

Does anyone have experience with booking last minute, i.e. will this sort of thing be around next year?

Watches to see who gets their crystal ball out! ;)

How strange, I typed a reply hours ago but it's not on here :rolleyes:

Anyway I found the info, thanks for all the replies.

Does anyone have experience with booking last minute, i.e. will this sort of thing be around next year?

Watches to see who gets their crystal ball out! ;)

on any cruise if its not selling well they might drop the price after final payment has been and if you're not fussed what cabin you will get you could get a bargain but if you see a price advertised you have to move quick if you wait it might not be there later on

i saw a price advertised on friday on a p&o ship for 11 nights for $620 inside so i rang my TA and mentioned to them and we got the cruise for $600...we have a guarantee cabin so we wont know till later on for a cabin number....we dont really care as we are on a cruise

what you want to do is subscribe to a few TA's and they will send you specials but you have to be careful as they start off at quad prices so it looks a good price until you click on prices for a twin room

try and find a TA that will honour any price drops and if they charge a cancellation fee if you cancel out

if you cruise with princess or p&o australia buy a Future Cruise Credit for $100 per person and that is your deposit paid for any future cruise and you can receive OBC depending on the length of the cruise plus the cabin category.....you can cancel out for any reason as long as you dont make final payment....the FCC's are a win win

if you cruise with princess or p&o australia buy a Future Cruise Credit for $100 per person and that is your deposit paid for any future cruise and you can receive OBC depending on the length of the cruise plus the cabin category.....you can cancel out for any reason as long as you dont make final payment....the FCC's are a win win

Could you explain a bit more please?

Can you only get OBC if you buy the FCC? What if you don't cruise again?

Can you only cancel if you have a FCC?

Thanks

Could you explain a bit more please?

Can you only get OBC if you buy the FCC? What if you don't cruise again?

Can you only cancel if you have a FCC?

Thanks

when you cruise some companies like princess and p&o (others may do it too) offer a FCC which on princess lasts for 2 years but you can extend it for another 2 years if need be, i think p&o is for 4 years and if you dont cruise in that 4 years you get your money back

once you have your FCC and you see a cruise you get OBC off the cruise company depending on the category you booked and the length of the cruise and if the TA is offering OBC you can get it twice

as i mentioned in my earlier post with the FCC if you have booked a cruise and you wish to cancel out for any reason you can and you get your FCC back to use on another cruise but it must be done before final payment has been made.....with the FCC's you can buy as many as like by credit card only

if you dont have a FCC and wish to cancel out you might have to pay a cancellation fee.....depends on the terms & conditions of the TA

Yes would be nice if Princess purchased some pre cruise airfares for us Interstate Cruise Lovers so they could onsell .... mmmm Solo.... 3 nights $1352.00 still have to add insurance,transfers, and risk flying same day :eek:

Also anyone noticed Inside Cabins we are not able to pick which cabin we

would like, they are making them guarantee only, yes you can put in a request, but why can't we pick which one we want anymore???

Anyone know why?? maybe I should ask on their Facebook.

Cheers

Also anyone noticed Inside Cabins we are not able to pick which cabin we

would like, they are making them guarantee only, yes you can put in a request, but why can't we pick which one we want anymore???

Anyone know why?? maybe I should ask on their Facebook.

Cheers

Because the concept of a "guarantee" fare is the entire basis of these cheap, fill 'em up fares. If you want to be able to choose your cabin, then the fare will be considerably higher.

Barry

To find this cruise -- and I am sure that you will be able to find it almost anywhere -- think about who you would talk to at Portside??

I do note that this cruise breaks one of my 3 "Rules of cruising" -- RULE NO.1 -- NEVER CRUISE NORTH OF BRISBANE IN SUMMER

Barry

Unfortunately, due to our position in the world, that is not likely to happen without putting on much longer cruises and as they are family oriented, that isn't likely to happen either. The itinereries are really no different to the visiting ships sailing out of Oz. To really get something different, you need to fly somewhere first which adds a hell of a lot more to the cost.

With the price war on airfares it is often cheaper to fly overseas and cruise as cruises over seas are so much cheaper than here we have 3 booked for May / June this year with a total cost of $4600 for the 2 of us plus airfares purchased at sale prices

Unfortunately, due to our position in the world, that is not likely to happen without putting on much longer cruises and as they are family oriented, that isn't likely to happen either. The itinereries are really no different to the visiting ships sailing out of Oz. To really get something different, you need to fly somewhere first which adds a hell of a lot more to the cost.

There are plenty of airfare bargains around with all the price wars going on and as cruises overseas are a lot cheaper it can often work out cheaper we have 3 cruises booked for may and June overseas and the cost for all 3 was only $4600

Wotaripper - when you say overseas, I am interested in whether the cruises are in USA or Europe. If Europe I would love to know what you have booked. Hubby and I did a med cruise last year when over there and plan to return this September and do the same, but 3 cruises sounds even better. Last year we got 12 nights on Solstice balcony for 1305 so were very happy. I know flights are good at the moment to Europe, we paid 2000 last year and they are going for around 1600 now.

Wotaripper - when you say overseas, I am interested in whether the cruises are in USA or Europe. If Europe I would love to know what you have booked. Hubby and I did a med cruise last year when over there and plan to return this September and do the same, but 3 cruises sounds even better. Last year we got 12 nights on Solstice balcony for 1305 so were very happy. I know flights are good at the moment to Europe, we paid 2000 last year and they are going for around 1600 now.

Hi we are doing 7 nights balcony cabin on oasis to the carribean also 4 nights oceanview to Mexico and 7 nights balcony cabin from Venice to bari,kataklon,Izmir,Istanbul and Dubrovnik then back to Venice.we did Venice to Barcelona in 2007 for 7 nights and Germany to newyork in 2010 for 18 nights

Archived