Barcelona Montjuic cable car

silkworms

This newly renovated cable car up to the high ground of Montjuic is never included in excursion list so we would like to do it ourselves. Any tips please - how far from port is the entrance to the cable car and does it return to the same place? is it worth booking tickets on-line? How long does the whole return journey take? Would we get a taxi to the terminal or walk?

Thank you for any advice.

We did it in 2008. There are 2 rides. The restored 'funicular' takes you up from Avenue Paral-lel to Avenue Miramar near the Olympic stadium. This stops by the bottom cable car station which goes all the way up to the fortress on top of Montjuic. It is definately best to ride up and then walk down! From memory, it took us about 25 mins to walk up to the bottom station at Paral-lel from the ship at Moll d'Adossat.

On this map http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Av.+Paral%C2%B7lel&daddr=Av.+Miramar&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=41.366793,2.175164&spn=0.017843,0.037723&sll=41.372397,2.167139&sspn=0.008921,0.018861&geocode=Ff5UdwIdARchAA%3BFYA9dwIdvwchAA&mra=me&mrsp=1&sz=16&t=m&z=15 'A' is the approx position of the bottom station, 'B' the top station (ignore the blue line). The cable car then goes from 'B' almost due east to the bend in the white road, where it turn 90 degrees south (something I've never seen another cable car do!) and stops just north side of the fortress. Your ship will dock just beside the road worded 'Adossat' at the bottom of the map by the copyright sign. Thers is loads to see on your walk down, or you could catch the HOHO bu on Av Miramar.

Simon

Don't get confused as there are 2 cable cars in Barcelona

Teleferic de Montjuic

and

Transbordador Aeri del Port

The first one above is the one you mentioned. The second one crosses the port.

Neither is for the faint-hearted :eek: :D

I'd forgotten about the one that goes across the port...probably 'cos it was closed when we were there due to high winds!:eek:

Simon

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Sorry but which cable car is closet to the cruise dock?

We have a late flight out and might want to catch this before heading to the airport?

Is it walkable from the port?

Is there luggage storage at the port (I remember reading yes).

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Sorry but which cable car is closet to the cruise dock?

We have a late flight out and might want to catch this before heading to the airport?

Is it walkable from the port?

Is there luggage storage at the port (I remember reading yes).

Thanks!

If you take the blue port bus to the Columbus monument (€2) you can walk to either of the cable cars. There is really not a lot of difference in distance.

However, there is no luggage storage at the port. I would not recommend going on either cable car with luggage.

Archived