Cafe al bacio

scumbers

The snacks are free. Only the teas/coffees etc. are fee based. Don't remember the hours but the snacks change....in the morning they are pastries, then they become finger-sandwiches 'round lunch time then canapes later still.... You can eat them there are take them away.

The Specialty Coffee cafe opens at 6:30 am.

They have small pasteries until 11:00, then finger sandwiches until 3:00pm after that they have assortment of desserts,tarts etc until late into the evening.

Enjoy!

Yes the snacks are free:) They had some really nice chocolates on the counter as well as a rotating variety of cookies and small desserts and savory mini sandwiches, etc.

Free is always the right price! Good to know. When we were on the Solstice in mid 2011, I had assume these desserts and other items were at an extra charge. Glad to be "re-educated"!!

We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011. We will be finishing in Auckland.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 113,778 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Love Cafe Al Bacio, we have been known to skip dessert at dinner, pop into Cafe Al Bacio for a speciality coffee and a small tray of their lovely confectionery..comfortable armchair and quite often live music...Bliss :)

Free is always the right price! Good to know. When we were on the Solstice in mid 2011, I had assume these desserts and other items were at an extra charge. Glad to be "re-educated"!!

The misperception that there is some sort of charge for the food offerings at the Cafe al Bacio (or Cova Cafe on the Century) is rampant. The fact that TLCOhio, an experienced and knowledgeable Celebrity cruiser, is under this misperception just demonstrates again the persistent and wide-spread nature of this misperception. I often wonder if the fact that the food offerings are behind a refrigerated case is the reason folks assume that there is an extra charge.

While there is no extra charge for the ice cream in the buffets, there is an extra charge for the gelato.

The misperception that there is some sort of charge for the food offerings at the Cafe al Bacio (or Cova Cafe on the Century) is rampant. The fact that TLCOhio, an experienced and knowledgeable Celebrity cruiser, is under this misperception just demonstrates again the persistent and wide-spread nature of this misperception. I often wonder if the fact that the food offerings are behind a refrigerated case is the reason folks assume that there is an extra charge. While there is no extra charge for the ice cream in the buffets, there is an extra charge for the gelato.

Yes, great points by Northern Aurora. In fact, with the mention of gelato, that is part of my memory/image for how they charge extra for the things at this ship location. That makes it very confusing for what is free versus items that cost extra. From the Celebrity website, they note: "A la carte pricing", but there are not any details or specifics to clarify where and on what charges apply.

A year from now in Sydney, Australia, I will have to unconfuse my brain.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 113,778 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011. We will be finishing in Auckland.

You will love Australia, try to plan on spending some extra time on land there, maybe see the Blue Mountains:)

I am hoping to make it back someday in the near future, it is such an amazing place.

Do they only serve extra fee beverage in Cafe al Bacio? Can we ask for free simple tea, or water?

No. Only the snacks are no extra charge. All beverages served at Cafe al Bacio are premium extra charge beverages.

If you want a no-extra charge basic tea then head to the buffet. They have a nice assortment of beverages there and actually have a very nice spread each afternoon around 4PM for afternoon tea - including tea sandwiches, pastries, cookies and scones. If you really want the pastries from Cafe al Bacio with your tea and don't want to pay for the premium tea that get some pastries at the Cafe and take them up to the buffet.

By the way: Nothing is free on a cruise unless the cruise itself was free. There are only items included as part of the cruise fare at no extra charge or extra cost items.

Do they only serve extra fee beverage in Cafe al Bacio? Can we ask for free simple tea, or water?

There is no chage for food but there is a charge for all drinks

Stop at the Buffet before you head down and bring tea or other drink with you!

Love the cookies at Cafe al Bacio:)

The snacks are free. Only the teas/coffees etc. are fee based. Don't remember the hours but the snacks change....in the morning they are pastries, then they become finger-sandwiches 'round lunch time then canapes later still.... You can eat them there are take them away.

I'm not sure if its going to catch on, but on the Reflection recently the snacks in AlBacio had changed - for a start the individual items were TWICE the size than on other S Class ships, and there were NO sandwiches from 11am - 3pm, and then from 3pm onwards there were LARGE slices of cake, such as different flavors of cheese cakes and similar. The small fruit tart-lets etc had gone. #Maybe this was an idea being run on the RF and maybe if it works it'll spread to the other Al Bacios.

I think by making everything much larger you may only take 1 rather than 3,4,5 and then waste 1 or 2. I thought I'd taken a photo, but looks like I didn't (which is strange for me)

...Stop at the Buffet before you head down and bring tea or other drink with you! ...

To each their own but, personally, I think it would be in poor taste to take a beverage from the buffet down to sit at a table at the Cafe.

It would be much more appropriate to get the pastries from the Cafe and take them up to the buffet to get your no-extra charge beverage and enjoy it there.

It would be much more appropriate to get the pastries from the Cafe and take them up to the buffet to get your no-extra charge beverage and enjoy it there.

anandaindonesia: ... or to take them to your balcony and watch the world goes by....Michael

Super great ideas from Larry and Michael. Compared to the snow outside now in Ohio versus being on the back of Solstice munching on these goodies' date=' experiencing the open sea and sun, guess what would be my first choice?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/font']

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 113,893 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

It would be nice to have an outdoor cafe al bacio by the lawn grill or glass blowing area :D

On the S class ships there is a bar at the front of the buffet that serves a short menu of coffee drinks. On some, or all, of the S class this bar is named: "Il Secondo Bacio". The waiters in the buffet area can bring you premium coffees from there for service out at the aft outdoor seating area.

We were on the Infinity Nov 22 cruise Panama Canal. No little sandwiches at all. Only cakes or pies. There would be huge cakes from which they would cut a slice. We mentioned that we missed the snacks in the afternoon and late night Tapas-like treats. They simply said that this was what they were doing from now on. We were very disappointed as a small sandwich is okay for a diabetic, but not a hunk of cake. Of course we know we can take it from the buffet at 4:00, but by then it's too close to our dinner time. We just enjoyed sitting at the table around 2:00 to 3:00 and enjoying the snacks with usually one of the performers or groups entertaining us.

On the S class ships there is a bar at the front of the buffet that serves a short menu of coffee drinks. On some, or all, of the S class this bar is named: "Il Secondo Bacio". The waiters in the buffet area can bring you premium coffees from there for service out at the aft outdoor seating area.

I know, I wonder if they make an Iguni (sp) there

• 8 months later...

Archived