Alaskan Family Cruise

ekkko

I am planning an Alaskan Princess cruise for a large family group. We all want to be close together. I thought about the family suites, but I am not sure how that will work. Their are about 12 of us going. All are adults except one teen. We know we want balcony rooms. Any suggestions?:confused:

You don't say when you want to cruise, but to increase the chances of getting cabins in close proximity to each other, book early. Depending on the cruise line, you may be able to get connecting cabins, but again, book early because they go fast.:)

I am planning an Alaskan Princess cruise for a large family group. We all want to be close together. I thought about the family suites, but I am not sure how that will work. Their are about 12 of us going. All are adults except one teen. We know we want balcony rooms. Any suggestions?:confused:

I would talk with a TA or a Princess Cruise Planner . They probably can give you the answer you need . You should determine when and from where you want to cruise from. If you want a 14 day cruise you'll have to leave from Vancouver . Vancouver has only NB or SB cruises , meaning a flight to/from Anchorage at the beginning end of the cruise . Seattle or San Francisco have 7 day (Seattle) or 10 day (San Fran) cruises.

Family suites are much more expensive than regular balcony cabins, so unless you really want the extra space and the suite benefits, I would suggest finding balcony cabins. Also, their location at the front of the ship makes the balcony unusable much of the cruise due to winds.

As suggested by another poster, book early in order to get cabins that are next to each other. The doors connecting the balconies can be unlocked to give you an easy way to enjoy each other's company while on the ship.

We are looking at the 7 day from Seattle in July 2014. Is it too early to start planning?

It will probably be March before the 2014 itineraries will be known.

Now is the time to figure out about when you would want to go and what type(s) of cabins.

If you have a good travel agent who can assist you (and hopefully the TA is a real good one that also will give a discount), you will be ready to book as soon as the itineraries are released.

If you have a good travel agent who can assist you (and hopefully the TA is a real good one that also will give a discount), you will be ready to book as soon as the itineraries are released.

Good advice - we did an Alaska cruise this summer with originally 3 siblings and their spouses. We booked 3 adjoining mini-suites on opening day using the same travel agent who ensured that our bookings were linked together so we would be at the same table in the MDR (we chose late traditional dining). Three months before the cruise our final sibling and spouse decided to join us. They were about as far away from us as possible and still be on the ship :D but the agent had no trouble linking their booking too so we had an 8 top at dinner. I think Princess has very few (if any) connecting rooms - we had our steward open the balcony dividers so we could visit (just remember to close your curtains for privacy if you keep the dividers open :eek:).

Archived